• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi (2017)

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it earlier. Not much there, but even a bad star wars trailer is still better than most.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only part that I found really intriguing was the last line at the end where Luke (at least I think it was him) says "It's time for the Jedi to end." I'm curious as to what that is all about. It's possible that he didn't complete the sentence but I doubt it. Sounds like Luke views things differently now than when we last saw him in the originals.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That was cool

In other news, Disney confirmed tonight that this film (The Last Jedi) will be Carrie Fisher's last film. She will not be appearing in Episode 9 (no CGI, no prior filmed scenes, etc).

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intriguing, though I'm reserving judgement until we get more trailers.

I've had an old Star Wars joke (or at least I'm assuming it's old, though I don't remember hearing it anywhere) running through my head all week. I suppose this is a good spot to share it.

Q: Why did Luke almost turn to the dark side?

He went looking for love in Alderaan places.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only part that I found really intriguing was the last line at the end where Luke (at least I think it was him) says "It's time for the Jedi to end." I'm curious as to what that is all about. It's possible that he didn't complete the sentence but I doubt it. Sounds like Luke views things differently now than when we last saw him in the originals.

Hmmm... I assumed it was a villain character delivering that line, I didn't think it was Luke. I re-watched the end of the trailer a couple more times, it's very difficult to determine the voice. That's about all the effort I'm willing to put forth on the matter.

The important question is... when will Daisy get nekkid?

giphy.gif

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daisy Ridley's physical training for her Jedi role. At the 2:02 mark is a brief look at her light saber training.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daisy Ridley's physical training for her Jedi role. At the 2:02 mark is a brief look at her light saber training.

And just before that is some Laurence of Arabia level camel...

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot wait for this December to hit. I think this one is going to rock. I'm thinking we will be seeing Grand Admiral Thrawn in this film played by Benicio Del Toro? Just bought the book yesterday and noticed a chapter "The Last Jedi" in it. I'll start reading it after I finish one of my Darth Baine books.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this is the biggest movies I'm looking forward to this year.

Also here is a side by side comparison to The Force Awakens trailer. Their nearly identical.

Last edited:

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm... I assumed it was a villain character delivering that line, I didn't think it was Luke. I re-watched the end of the trailer a couple more times, it's very difficult to determine the voice. That's about all the effort I'm willing to put forth on the matter.

The important question is... when will Daisy get nekkid?

giphy.gif

At the time of my initial comment I hadn't looked into it much either, but I have since (kind of by accident). Apparently Lucasfilm has confirmed that it was in fact Luke who said that line at the end and they never intended for there to be any confusion about it.

So now the question is whether or not he says that early in the movie or later on? I can see him being a broken Jedi early on who doesn't want to train Rey but then she eventually persuades him. I also think it's very plausible that he wants to start a new light side religion. As much as he respected Obiwan and Yoda, he certainly seemed to have philosophical differences with them at times when it came to the people he cared about. Had he listened to them, Vader likely never turns back to the light side before his death. Not to mention the fact that Luke and his twin sister are the direct result of a Jedi not abiding by the code.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now the question is whether or not he says that early in the movie or later on? I can see him being a broken Jedi early on who doesn't want to train Rey but then she eventually persuades him.

Agreed. We learned only the barest details about what drove him into seclusion in Episode VII; I think that once we find out exactly what happened (and there looked to be a snippet of a flashback in the trailer), then we will understand why he chose a life of exile, and why he presumably believes the galaxy is better off without the Jedi.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's like she's training for the damn NFL Combine. How much of that is actually necessary?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke believes Jedi should bang. He's not down with any of dem ghey Jedi.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke believes Jedi should bang. He's not down with any of dem ghey Jedi.

I hear he doesn't have a problem with incestuous Jedi though. ;)

Seriously though, if he does turn out to be Rey's father that could be another reason why he doesn't want to be Jedi. I don't think that he is but you never know. He could also have another child that we haven't met yet.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear he doesn't have a problem with incestuous Jedi though. ;)

Seriously though, if he does turn out to be Rey's father that could be another reason why he doesn't want to be Jedi. I don't think that he is but you never know. He could also have another child that we haven't met yet.
If he is her pappy, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make Mara her mom.

Won't happen, but I have a hard time believing that Mara Jade does not exist.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this is the biggest movies I'm looking forward to this year.

Also here is a side by side comparison to The Force Awakens trailer. Their nearly identical.

I remember J.J. Abrams said the first teaser trailer's main theme was to create a feeling of "tension" which included a custom piece of music written by John Williams specifically for it as well.

Appears they went for exactly the same thing with the teaser trailer for Last Jedi. It doesn't show you much, but it's creating that feeling of tension again.

Luke claiming the Jedi must come to an end. Well... that's probably his thinking that if the Jedi no longer exist, the dark side could end as well. Since the it's kind of ying yang thing. He's believing that one can't exist without the other. He's probably also beyond bitter at what went down with Kylo Ren.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I brought this up before but I am a strong proponent of Luke being Rey's father. Much like how Anakin was conceived by the force with Shmi as the mother, I believe Rey was born of one of Luke's stray loads that scattered across the sands of Jakku when he was beating his meat in the desert.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I brought this up before but I am a strong proponent of Luke being Rey's father. Much like how Anakin was conceived by the force with Shmi as the mother, I believe Rey was born of one of Luke's stray loads that scattered across the sands of Jakku when he was beating his meat in the desert.
Maybe there is a 2 minute flashback love scene that signifies Rey's conception in this movie?