• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Trek: Picard

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 2 teaser 2:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2.1 was a great episode! Finally something good from this new generation of trek (Lower Decks is OK, for what it is)

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 2 gets dark as hell by 10 minutes into the second episode.

Glad Q is going to play a big role in this one.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 2 gets dark as hell by 10 minutes into the second episode.

Glad Q is going to play a big role in this one.
I am not a huge fan of them hinting that Q is sick (or something). But I will see how that storyline works out.

It would have been interesting if they actually put them into the mirror universe and explored more about how that came about. Why create a whole new continuity for this story?

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a huge fan of them hinting that Q is sick (or something). But I will see how that storyline works out.

It would have been interesting if they actually put them into the mirror universe and explored more about how that came about. Why create a whole new continuity for this story?

I think there is a LOT more going on between the Q race and humanity in the "evil Picard/fascist earth" timeline than has directly been revealed so far.

Beyond Q seeming "off," there's the utter contempt he showed toward Picard and there's the grid in Earth's sky that looks a lot like the grid the Q generated in the TNG pilot.

Apparently humanity is so powerful in this timeline that it's able to wipe its ass with the likes of the Borg and Klingons.

Perhaps the Q are feeling the wrath as well, as impossible as that may seem.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller really pushed the limit with Hannibal on NBC,
I was extremely surprised that Hannibal was able to do what it did. The writing story lines, acting and cinematography ere all top notch. The dude who played Hannibal was easily the best of all the Hannibals.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still watching ep4, but so far…

1) Picard and Guinean already met in the late 19th century. How does Guinan not remember that?

2) Why does Guinan work at / own a bar called 10 on Forward Ave when she hasn’t been on the Enterprise yet?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still watching ep4, but so far…

1) Picard and Guinean already met in the late 19th century. How does Guinan not remember that?

2) Why does Guinan work at / own a bar called 10 on Forward Ave when she hasn’t been on the Enterprise yet?
Due to complaints by fans online about these two issues (mainly “why doesn’t Guinan recognize Picard?” question), the producers have “released” a bit of an explanation…

They say that since Picard came from a future that doesn’t include Starfleet or the Federation, the events of “Time Arrow” never happened, therefore G and P never met in 1893.

However, apparently the new Guinan actress (Ito Aghayere) brought up these same questions when they were filming the episode and she says she never got an answer.

1) I am somewhat OK with the explanation given by the producers. However, if that is the case, Guinan should not have gotten her time sickness since the cause of it should not have actually been an issue since the phrase was said in a different timeline. They just dug another hole to fill the one in front of them.

2) I believe the writers for the episode were not actually aware that G and P met in 1893 and they thought they were actually showing the pair’s first meeting. I understand there is a lot of ST material to sift through to keep continuity accurate, but Time Arrow (and P and G’s relationship specifically) was not a minor episode. It was a major season finale/premiere cliffhanger.

Somewhat unrelated…

I am AOK with the recast of Guinan. Whoopie is iconic and very much so connected to the character, but reality gets in the way when you are dealing with a character who doesn’t age the same way humans do. And while deepfakes are getting ridiculously good, they still aren’t perfect. Star Wars has decided to go the deep fake route with their time differences, and that is fine. The fact that Star Trek is choosing to go the recast route instead is also OK, imho. They have already done it with Spock, Pike, Number One and a few other more minor characters, and those worked out OK.

Another unrelated note…

Apparently, the punk on the bus is the same actor from ST4. I just figured it was a humorous call back. I didn’t realize it was the same actor. Well done, Star Trek. Well done.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why make a big point of showcasing someone’s voice who can’t sing?

I have never been a fan of Allison Pill. She has a “special” look to her (her eyes are too small and they are too close to each other). I don’t get why she gets so much work.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to complaints by fans online about these two issues (mainly “why doesn’t Guinan recognize Picard?” question), the producers have “released” a bit of an explanation…

They say that since Picard came from a future that doesn’t include Starfleet or the Federation, the events of “Time Arrow” never happened, therefore G and P never met in 1893.

However, apparently the new Guinan actress (Ito Aghayere) brought up these same questions when they were filming the episode and she says she never got an answer.

1) I am somewhat OK with the explanation given by the producers. However, if that is the case, Guinan should not have gotten her time sickness since the cause of it should not have actually been an issue since the phrase was said in a different timeline. They just dug another hole to fill the one in front of them.

2) I believe the writers for the episode were not actually aware that G and P met in 1893 and they thought they were actually showing the pair’s first meeting. I understand there is a lot of ST material to sift through to keep continuity accurate, but Time Arrow (and P and G’s relationship specifically) was not a minor episode. It was a major season finale/premiere cliffhanger.

Somewhat unrelated…

I am AOK with the recast of Guinan. Whoopie is iconic and very much so connected to the character, but reality gets in the way when you are dealing with a character who doesn’t age the same way humans do. And while deepfakes are getting ridiculously good, they still aren’t perfect. Star Wars has decided to go the deep fake route with their time differences, and that is fine. The fact that Star Trek is choosing to go the recast route instead is also OK, imho. They have already done it with Spock, Pike, Number One and a few other more minor characters, and those worked out OK.

Another unrelated note…

Apparently, the punk on the bus is the same actor from ST4. I just figured it was a humorous call back. I didn’t realize it was the same actor. Well done, Star Trek. Well done.

I am enjoying this season so far... But i do have one political complaint...

why go to 2024 if they are going to call out our current political issues?? are they saying that they dont think there will be any improvements in the next 2+ years??

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am enjoying this season so far... But i do have one political complaint...

why go to 2024 if they are going to call out our current political issues?? are they saying that they dont think there will be any improvements in the next 2+ years??
Actually, technically, they aren’t calling out OUR political issues. ST is not an extrapolation of the world in which we currently live. It is an extrapolation of Earth in the ‘60s. A lot of major events have now come and gone in Earth History real vs show (the Superman Rebellion probably being the main event…. That occurred in 1999). The camps that the show is referring to now, while very similar to what is happening on our southern border, are actually references to camps that exist more to house the poor and other underprivileged people. This concept was established in DS9, and in fact they ended up going back in time and Sisko ended up messing with the timeline by causing the Bell Rebellion (a brute named Gabriel Bell was killed just before Sisko and his team arrived, so Sisko assumed his identity then stuck his holier-than-thou nose in the happennings of the past).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished the finale. I will probably binge the whole season to get a better grasp of some of the events, but…

1) I like the Wesley/Traveller call back. Making him the leader of the Watchers actually makes some sense. I like they officially placed Gary Seven in this organization earlier in the season. Continuity is good. They should have also had him visit the FBI agent. That would have closed a minor hole as well (the actor played a Federation Time Agent in a Voyager episode).

2) I still can’t stand Allison Pill. I don’t know if it was a helmet she was wearing, or if it was makeup or just SFX, but she looked extra horrible in this episode.

3) Big swerve for Q. I will hold my judgement on that until I watch the season again. It doesn’t make sense as it sits now.

4) Why did Tallin have to die? Did she not know that Soong was going to poison her?

5) WTF was that Khan file all about? The Supermen Revolution took place in the 1990s. He fled Earth with his followers in (I think) 1996. But Soong is going to begin the process of creating the Super Men starting in 2024? I will have to see what theories exist for that online.

6) That looked like a very small beam to have the ability to wipe out most of the Sector (“This Sector” includes the Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta quadrants?). That is a pretty massive volume. and 2-3 dozen ships with a Borg Queen ship are big enough to block it?

7) Did I miss them reveal Tallin’s and Laris’ connection? Is Laris some kind of descendant? Is she a watcher/traveller as well?

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 3 trailer:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gates McFadden is looking ROUGH.

in IRL, I have all the respect in the world for someone who left Hollywood and no longer has the looks appropriate for a career in acting. So in that regard, good for her. But then you actually look at her, and it looks like she is rough because she has had a lot of work done (badly). So I am not sure I still have that IRL respect for her.

Either way, YIKES…

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 episodes into S3…

I still don’t like the serial nature of Nu-Trek. I also don’t like the dark cinematic look of the show. The TNG era had bright sets, so it wasn’t such a struggle just to watch.

But those aspects just are at this point, so I will put them aside for now. So far, this is the best season yet of the show. It is leaning into the good things of Seven (not making her a love-lorn lesbian, but a fish out of water, insanely capable officer). Riker is a Kirk-like cowboy while Picard is a no nonsense gut-follower. And having the 3-Captain leader triangle in these past couple episodes was actually quite interesting.

So far, I will put this season as the #2 best season of Nu Trek behind SNW S1 (SNW is very close to TOS and the TNG era shows in that it is episodic and has bright sets and a light hearted fare).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a guess, I haven’t gotten any spoilers for this season…

Jack is actually Odo. Or Odo and Jack have merged somehow.

Just typing that has made me think of another possibility. Maybe Jack is hosting Dax in some capacity. In TNG it was established that some humans could act as a temporary host to a Trill symbiote (even though this was never mentioned again and even contradicted when Jadzia died and Ezri had to become the permanent Dax host as she was the only Trill close enough to receive the symbiote)

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a guess, I haven’t gotten any spoilers for this season…

Jack is actually Odo. Or Odo and Jack have merged somehow.

Just typing that has made me think of another possibility. Maybe Jack is hosting Dax in some capacity. In TNG it was established that some humans could act as a temporary host to a Trill symbiote (even though this was never mentioned again and even contradicted when Jadzia died and Ezri had to become the permanent Dax host as she was the only Trill close enough to receive the symbiote)

Is this a pre-episode 5 theory or a post-episode 5 theory?

I waited until after i watched episode 5 to click through the spoiler warning, but it makes more sense before the jack-related content of ep5