• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Trek: Picard

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Sort of, … explaining would be a spoiler, and the show is a lot better after the first episode.
Kirk
Picard
Janeway
Lorca*
Archer
Matt Decker
Commodore Stocker
Crewman Green
Sisko

Kirk is by far better, he never needed a committee huddle to decide what to do.
It is a fucking mile between Picard/Kirk and Janeway, so bickering between the two isn’t really worth it as they are the clear top 2. And while I think DS9 is right up there with TNG as the best series, Sisko (or more accurately, Avery Brooks), was an embarrassment to the universe. Brooks made Shatner look like Laurence Olivier in comparison. Dude is/was a loon.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they will cast Brent Spiner as B-4, Data's prototype since Data was destroyed in Star Trek Nemesis.

NFL-Solomon

The Father of The Potato Salad Poll Option
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a fucking mile between Picard/Kirk and Janeway, so bickering between the two isn’t really worth it as they are the clear top 2. And while I think DS9 is right up there with TNG as the best series, Sisko (or more accurately, Avery Brooks), was an embarrassment to the universe. Brooks made Shatner look like Laurence Olivier in comparison. Dude is/was a loon.
Wow, really? I don't think STNG even comes close to equaling TOS, it's first season, especially early on was awful and derivative. Still, it got better and I grew to like it, even committee chairman baldy. Likewise, even though I liked Voyager, early on it was meh, and I didn't love it until they got rid of Kes and Neelix and added 7 of 9. I thought DS9 was as bad a series as Enterprise's opening theme song, at least until the Dominion war, then it got pretty good. It took me a while to watch the Enterprise series after wanting to throw things at my tv from the theme and first episode, and despite me always waiting for Archer to Leap into the next body, I grew to like it too, above DS9. I was even amazed at how good season 1 of Discovery was after the suck ass 1st episode.

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite character and runner-up from each series:

TOS: Captain James T. Kirk - Spock
STNG: Lt. Com Data - Barkley
DS9: Worf - Odo
VOY: The Doctor - 7 of 9
ENT: Trip - T'Pol
DSC: Lorca - Admiral Cornwell

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favorite character and runner-up from each series:

TOS: Captain James T. Kirk - Spock
STNG: Lt. Com Data - Barkley
DS9: Worf - Odo
VOY: The Doctor - 7 of 9
ENT: Trip - T'Pol
DSC: Lorca - Admiral Cornwell
TOS: Spock - Kirk
TNG: Picard - Data
DS9: Dax (Jadzia) - Odo - (honorable mention to Winn)
Voy: Dr - 7
Ent: T’Pol - Archer (I need to binge this show again. It has been a while)

Best overall character is Dax. Though it may be more about Trills (joined Trills, specifically) that I find so fascinating.

(Lefler)
T’Pol
Seven
Kes
(Leeta)
Troi
Torres
Sato
Crusher
Kira

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DS9 Seasons 4-7 and VOY Seasons 4-7 were damn good. 1-3 aren't really watchable for me other than an episode here and there.

TOS was great for its time, and I think it has aged pretty well.

TNG seasons 1 and 2 were god awful. I just pretend they don't exist, and love 3-7 as much as TOS.

I've tried Enterprise about 10 times, and I just can't. I know the later seasons are supposed to be good, but I just haven't been able to get there yet.

DSC has been pretty good, but it feels like the creators really wanted it to be an HBO-type show, but CBS forced them to keep it pretty vanilla. Fuller really pushed the limit with Hannibal on NBC, and American Gods on Starz was pretty good. S2 was a little repetitive, and felt like it was an episode too long to me. But I'm looking forward to S3 and Picard.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get just one Picard facepalm, it will be well worth it.....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DS9 Seasons 4-7 and VOY Seasons 4-7 were damn good. 1-3 aren't really watchable for me other than an episode here and there.

TOS was great for its time, and I think it has aged pretty well.

TNG seasons 1 and 2 were god awful. I just pretend they don't exist, and love 3-7 as much as TOS.

I've tried Enterprise about 10 times, and I just can't. I know the later seasons are supposed to be good, but I just haven't been able to get there yet.

DSC has been pretty good, but it feels like the creators really wanted it to be an HBO-type show, but CBS forced them to keep it pretty vanilla. Fuller really pushed the limit with Hannibal on NBC, and American Gods on Starz was pretty good. S2 was a little repetitive, and felt like it was an episode too long to me. But I'm looking forward to S3 and Picard.
And aren’t they doing a S31 show as well?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And aren’t they doing a S31 show as well?
yeah, a section 31 show is in the works.

pretty sure s31 originated with DS9, and then we saw it in into darkness, and then dsc. it's all so NOT what Roddenberry was into with his idyllic take on the future. he'd freak if he saw where the franchise went, but i love it.

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Try muting the theme song before each episode, it helps immeasurably, but of course, if you're like me, you'll still be waiting for Archer to Leap.

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Aphrael to the likes of you!!!!
Now wash those feet....
Holy crap, I didn't even notice your SN. Bravo, but watch out for the Atan bitch's knives.

[I'm more of a Stragen-Bevier, myself]

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of all of Eddings' series except his Elder Gods series which was awful.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of all of Eddings' series except his Elder Gods series which was awful.

The Belgariad is my favorite series, never could get into Elder Gods. Need to re-read the Elanium and Tamuli - it's just been too long.

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Belgariad is my favorite series, never could get into Elder Gods. Need to re-read the Elanium and Tamuli - it's just been too long.
I think the Mallorean/Belgariad is a much more fleshed out series, but I read the Elenium/Tamuli ones first, so while I like the M/B world better, the E/T world holds a special nostalgic place. The Elder Gods sucked. Did I mention they sucked, because they sucked?

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poster, with Picard's dog:

iJt3aL9Q7TtGCWgQyjvh7A.jpg