• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Trek: Picard

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a pre-episode 5 theory or a post-episode 5 theory?

I waited until after i watched episode 5 to click through the spoiler warning, but it makes more sense before the jack-related content of ep5
Post ep5.

I have no idea what his hallucinations are. Maybe it is some side effect of a long-term Human/Trill relationship? Or maybe Odo is sick? If there is some kind of Odo/Jack hybrid, maybe the hallucinations are a side effect?

A new thought…

What if Dr Crusher went to Bashir after she fled 25 years ago, and he performed some kind of modifications on Jack in the womb? Bashir is modified himself, and his ethics were not always pure.

We know they will get to DS9 before the end of the season, so working in some kind of tie in with those characters makes sense.

Or maybe Picard’s sperm still carried some kind of Borg modifications, so Jack is a natural born Borg. Not sure why the Dominion would be concerned with the Borg, though since they are immune to the Borg. Unless maybe the Dominion has aligned themselves with the symbiotic creatures from TNG S1 (the original idea for the Borg) or species 8472.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I figured it out…. Kinda.

Jack is Redjac (or something similar).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One episode left…

No DS9 (yet)
We JUST learned who the “baddie” is for the season

So now that they took 9 episode for Act 1, we get 1 total episode for Acts 2 and 3. This season was fun for fan service, but overall, I suspect it will be remembered as a failed season. And since this will be the final episode of the series as a whole, I fear the show as a whole will be remembered as a failure.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One episode left…

No DS9 (yet)
We JUST learned who the “baddie” is for the season

So now that they took 9 episode for Act 1, we get 1 total episode for Acts 2 and 3. This season was fun for fan service, but overall, I suspect it will be remembered as a failed season. And since this will be the final episode of the series as a whole, I fear the show as a whole will be remembered as a failure.
Having not watched since early days of series, I caught this week's episode. BTW, my son has watched every episode.

I laughed pretty hard several times. And then I was let down at how lazy the writers were.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely intended to be a series finale for TNG. There were rumors of a USS Titan series in development. This episode definitely fed into that “thought”, but clearly, it would require a name change. Maybe “Star Trek: The New Generation”? They like to allow for abbreviations, so that may not work, but it could be a new anchor series for the franchise.

And I like Seven as the next Captain of the Enterprise. Though, realistically, there is little to no chance Star Fleet would trust her with the helm of the flagship of the fleet. Heck, they wouldn’t trust her in SF at all.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved season 1. Hated season 2. Satisfied with season 3.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved season 1. Hated season 2. Satisfied with season 3.
Both seasons 1 and 2 had good aspects and bad aspects. S3 was almost entirely fan service and should really only be viewed as a reunion season of TNG. Watch it for for what it was, and just relax and enjoy it.

It may have been appropriate to have some kind of Wesley cameo, though.