• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Im completely ashamed of the Fans at Rogers Arena cheering Luongo being pulled in game 4. The question was asked to Roberto how he felt about that and he just said next question turned around and walked away. Wonder what that will do to him? He looked pretty changed in his eyes on that. I think the Canucks now have enough things to look at and draw from to get back on track its now about do they have it in them to stick it to the critics? we shall see

I saw that on Sportsnet Connected last night and I didn't like it - Only a Cup win will win over the Canucks faithful, I reckon.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that on Sportsnet Connected last night and I didn't like it - Only a Cup win will win over the Canucks faithful, I reckon.

Its not the faithful that are doing this man.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you Jeff the look in his eye was weird. And his voice was strange.

I bet. I cant imagine what the hell was even going through his mind. Fans everywhere would do that though, unfortunately. I mean, yes, we all know I am an asshole, but I will not cheer my star goalie getting pulled if he falls into a funk. It just sucks, for Luongo, and for the true Canuck fans. Thats gotta be sitting in his head now, thats not gonna be healthy on ice to have that weight on your mind.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet. I cant imagine what the hell was even going through his mind. Fans everywhere would do that though, unfortunately. I mean, yes, we all know I am an asshole, but I will not cheer my star goalie getting pulled if he falls into a funk. It just sucks, for Luongo, and for the true Canuck fans. Thats gotta be sitting in his head now, thats not gonna be healthy on ice to have that weight on your mind.

this is where the true character of a player will come out. Luongo is an incredibly great goalie when focused and confident. Something like that should and could inspire him to say fuck you to them. I wish he would. this is interesting to watch to see what Luongo comes out tomorrow. I kinda wished this was the 2 day break but its not so the Canucks better focus fast or this is over on Monday for them.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Does the game 5 winner win this series and the Cup?

I believe so yes. but the playoffs can turn things around fast. if Boston wins game 5 there is no coming out of the Garden for the Canucks they have not shown it. is it possible sure. is it realistic I dont think so. If Canucks win game 5 I think its 30/70 that they can win in Boston but they have to be a different team for sure. Game 7 in Vancouver can go either way btu I like the Canucks chances in that. but for now just win game 5

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are those kind of fans everywhere. In every rink in every small town across Canada, it's like this. The passion is so strong that fans go way overboard. Some Yankees fans can be absolutely brutal at times, just ask A.J. Burnett. And Eagles fans in Philly are about as passionate yet harsh as anyone. The pressure on Lu is bigger than most people can imagine. Past history always starts coming into it too. He bounced back in the Chicago series and I hope, for his sake, he can bounce back again. I would never boo the guy, though. He got us to this dance, didn't he?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Does the game 5 winner win this series and the Cup?

Maybe. If the Bruins win game 5 I just cannot see the Canucks winning it.

Possibly if they lose 2-1 or something low and close like that maybe the Canucks can respond well, but if the game is anything like the last 2 I think its over.

Funny game, after the first two games in the series and after the first period Monday, I thought the Canucks would sweep.

Last edited by a moderator:

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballard looked about as bad as any defenseman I've seen this year last night. His confidence is at an all time low (well done AV).

I'd leave Alberts in and replace Ballard with Tanev (shooting hand be damned).

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballard looked about as bad as any defenseman I've seen this year last night. His confidence is at an all time low (well done AV).

I'd leave Alberts in and replace Ballard with Tanev (shooting hand be damned).

i agree ... posted it above

at least when Ballard is with Tanev as a pairing ... Ballard can wander and Tanev wont take any chances (imagine a rookie covering the ass of a guy making 4.2 mill per)

I was scared of Ballard/Bieksa pre game and predicted it woud be an adventure ... both guys take chances and sometimes make dangerous pinches

so who plays with Bieksa? ... Hamhuis was covering his ass and Rome was doing the same (but of course not as effectively) Salo?

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw the names in a randomizer and go with:

Bieksa - Edler
Ehrhoff - Salo
Alberts - Tanev

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through the names in a randomizer and go with:

Bieksa - Edler
Ehrhoff - Salo
Alberts - Tanev

didnt even catch that you want Ballard out

I just dont think Alberts Tanev brings anything off the glass and out every play ... at least Tanev Ballard gives you a guy who can skate up ice if needed

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RT @kmk1486: @bruce_arthur chris nilan just told the xm homeice audience the sedins balls shrivel up into their body on the road. #wow

jeez thats classy and so wrong

This year's playoffs, Daniel: Road points 10, home 8. Henrik: Road 12, home 9. Really shriveling

The Sedins could bite off an opponent's finger each shift & give tatoos to small children on the bench, & they'd still be called soft.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Chapman twitter:

"If he'd been their GM he'd have traded them in their first year anyway". Cory Schneider on Mike Milbury calling Sedins Thelma and Louise

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RT @kmk1486: @bruce_arthur chris nilan just told the xm homeice audience the sedins balls shrivel up into their body on the road. #wow

jeez thats classy and so wrong

This year's playoffs, Daniel: Road points 10, home 8. Henrik: Road 12, home 9. Really shriveling

The Sedins could bite off an opponent's finger each shift & give tatoos to small children on the bench, & they'd still be called soft.

lmao

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milbury is the man. I also wish Edwards was calling the games... I can't even imagine how much more awesome the last two games would have been if Jack was calling the play by play.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Chapman twitter:

"If he'd been their GM he'd have traded them in their first year anyway". Cory Schneider on Mike Milbury calling Sedins Thelma and Louise

I thnk the Sedin boys should take off Milbury's shoes and beat him over the head...