• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to you Canucks Fans on TV/Radio having your tubthumping moment..... Its not all Luongos fault. Does he need to be better oh yes. that first goal last night was a heavy weight. Score the first goal and relax and get your game going.

is it me or does AV look flustered in every presser now?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you'd no doubt cry about it for months afterwards.they had a few of those chances early in the game (including some from wide shots), resulted in puck bouncing around in the crease. The Malhotra chance in the crease comes to mind. looked like a face-off, but Manny's too used to drawing to the backhand, i guess.

fucking marchand. :smash:

lol :yo:

I know, he's awesome isn't he?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to you Canucks Fans on TV/Radio having your tubthumping moment..... Its not all Luongos fault. Does he need to be better oh yes. that first goal last night was a heavy weight. Score the first goal and relax and get your game going.

is it me or does AV look flustered in every presser now?

his neck is out there now ... I really think he gets fired if they dont win

the way he handled Ballard all season and destroyed his confidence then he has to turn to him in game 4 and Ballard has zip to give ... the topper was asking Luongo if he wanted to come out of game 3 ... biggest mistake ever !!!

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this has already been posted ... apologies

game 3: #8 Cam Neely night ... Bruins score 8
game 4: #4 Bobby Orr night ... Bruins score 4

game 6: any all time Bruins wear number 0? pretty please? no Gerry Cheevers thanks :)

Nah, Game 5: Ray Bourque night #77

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I can't stand to watch the chicken shit stuff. The first period was great last night. Fast paced clean play with hardly any of the post whistle scrums and bullshit. The refs were letting them play and then they call that ticky tack shit on Marchand and later in the game the same ticky tack shit on Henrik yet they let Kesler and Seidenberg or Chara hack the shit out of each other and cross check each other in front of the net. No consistency at all and it builds up and turns into a farce. Of course, the score makes things worse. Oh well, tied 2-2 and now a best of 3, pretty much what I expected, the home teams to hold serve (just didn't expect these scores). Off to Van we go.

As for the chippy shit, both teams need to knock it off and it's hypocritical to say one team is more responsible than the other. Marchand is always chippy (they like to say "on the edge") and Recchi has been chippy his whole career, although I've always admired the guy's heart and desire. Burrows, Lapierre, Torres are always taking little liberties and Kesler, as much as I love the guys game, is flat out dirty with his stick. Lots of others on both sides. Actually, it's a league wide epidemic. Time to quit and just play the game but they need officials who can take command too. No more diving, no more slashing and spearing. If you got a beef, drop the fucking gloves and man up, that's my attitude.

As for the actual hockey side, Ehrhoff and Edler have both been god awful these last 2 games. Ballard looked lost out there last night and even Bieksa and Salo aren't playing very well. Alberts seems to be the only Canuck Dman who actually arrived in Boston ready to play and that's just sad. It's worse when Lu goes into his funky soft goal mode like last night. Hopefully some home cooking will get these guys right. I still think we will see a game 7 in Vancouver when all is said and done. Go Canucks.

Great post Tacoma.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I can't stand to watch the chicken shit stuff. The first period was great last night. Fast paced clean play with hardly any of the post whistle scrums and bullshit. The refs were letting them play and then they call that ticky tack shit on Marchand and later in the game the same ticky tack shit on Henrik yet they let Kesler and Seidenberg or Chara hack the shit out of each other and cross check each other in front of the net. No consistency at all and it builds up and turns into a farce. Of course, the score makes things worse. Oh well, tied 2-2 and now a best of 3, pretty much what I expected, the home teams to hold serve (just didn't expect these scores). Off to Van we go.

As for the chippy shit, both teams need to knock it off and it's hypocritical to say one team is more responsible than the other. Marchand is always chippy (they like to say "on the edge") and Recchi has been chippy his whole career, although I've always admired the guy's heart and desire. Burrows, Lapierre, Torres are always taking little liberties and Kesler, as much as I love the guys game, is flat out dirty with his stick. Lots of others on both sides. Actually, it's a league wide epidemic. Time to quit and just play the game but they need officials who can take command too. No more diving, no more slashing and spearing. If you got a beef, drop the fucking gloves and man up, that's my attitude.

As for the actual hockey side, Ehrhoff and Edler have both been god awful these last 2 games. Ballard looked lost out there last night and even Bieksa and Salo aren't playing very well. Alberts seems to be the only Canuck Dman who actually arrived in Boston ready to play and that's just sad. It's worse when Lu goes into his funky soft goal mode like last night. Hopefully some home cooking will get these guys right. I still think we will see a game 7 in Vancouver when all is said and done. Go Canucks.

REALLY good post. Rep!

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
his neck is out there now ... I really think he gets fired if they dont win

the way he handled Ballard all season and destroyed his confidence then he has to turn to him in game 4 and Ballard has zip to give ... the topper was asking Luongo if he wanted to come out of game 3 ... biggest mistake ever !!!

Agreed... I never liked the way he handles players in that regard. He also needs to concentrate on coaching up the guys and getting their head right and quit looking all whiny and pissy. The team play reflects his attitude. The good coaches would be chewing some ass on the bench for the chicken shit stuff. I know I would and it wouldn't matter if it was a star player or not.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... I never liked the way he handles players in that regard. He also needs to concentrate on coaching up the guys and getting their head right and quit looking all whiny and pissy. The team play reflects his attitude. The good coaches would be chewing some ass on the bench for the chicken shit stuff. I know I would and it wouldn't matter if it was a star player or not.

i dont think he was whiny and pissy last night post game at all ... he tried to keep a level head and I thought he did a good job of that ... he gave praise to Thomas when a boston media member asked a leading question about the "antics" of Tim Thomas

and for the "chewing some ass" meh??? ... damned if you do, damned if you dont ... If he is going all apeshit on the bench people would say he wasnt keeping a level head and that attitude definitely doesnt transfer over well with the players ... AV has been composed ... the players havent followed his lead though ... you said it yourself ... the team reflects his attitude

I didnt see Julien "chewing any ass" ON THE BENCH at his players for doing stuff like what Lucic and Dr recchi did during game 3 even though he said prior to that game that taunting isnt something the Bruins did

If youre gonna take a shot at him for player management or poor stroking of egos Ill agree with you ... if you want to shoot at him for gamesmanship ... make sure you include every coach in that discussion

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good news is that Ballard has a game now. Maybe that will help with some practices as well. if he puts Tanev over BAllard may as well pack his bags before the season is over. Ballard would be useless going forward (unless its a new coach which Im not saying is what should happen)

great post before as well Tacoma too bad it wont stop and the bruins will benefit from it. Canucks can dish it but cant seem to take it. no wonder they are hated they are acting pretty bad. bruins look better because well they are winning so fans love that they can "give it back" but as always with all fans when winning all is good and your team can do no wrong. canuck need to get back to what won them game 1 and game 2. patience, team effort, back each other up and not get involved in shit. if that means taking 4 punches to the head take them if the refs call it they call it they dont they dont.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
good news is that Ballard has a game now. Maybe that will help with some practices as well. if he puts Tanev over BAllard may as well pack his bags before the season is over. Ballard would be useless going forward (unless its a new coach which Im not saying is what should happen)

great post before as well Tacoma too bad it wont stop and the bruins will benefit from it. Canucks can dish it but cant seem to take it. no wonder they are hated they are acting pretty bad. bruins look better because well they are winning so fans love that they can "give it back" but as always with all fans when winning all is good and your team can do no wrong. canuck need to get back to what won them game 1 and game 2. patience, team effort, back each other up and not get involved in shit. if that means taking 4 punches to the head take them if the refs call it they call it they dont they dont.

and maybe score in the motherfucking powerplay. :mmph:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

there are no full practices with the playoff schedule ... only game day skates ... I think the best option is putting Tanev in for Alberts and getting rid of the off the glass and out play ... they need guys who can make a good first pass ... i take tanev over alberts and ballard has played his best with tanev this year

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are no full practices with the playoff schedule ... only game day skates ... I think the best option is putting Tanev in for Alberts and getting rid of the off the glass and out play ... they need guys who can make a good first pass ... i take tanev over alberts and ballard has played his best with tanev this year

yeah I would agree with that.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and maybe score in the motherfucking powerplay. :mmph:

yeah I dont know what to say about that man.

the bruins are changing the rules of winning without a potent PP. its clicking decent now but coming in was sad. its amazing how good they are 5 on 5

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@jstew...you are right, Julien is no better. Every time the camera goes to these guys on the bench they are looking like babies. Granted, after the game, when things cool down, they say the right things to the media but that's so they don't add fuel to the fire, I think. Both teams are acting like punks and the coaches are looking like " what, who us? What did we do?" That was more what I was getting at. Of course, maybe I'm just a bitter old man these days, lol.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think he was whiny and pissy last night post game at all ... he tried to keep a level head and I thought he did a good job of that ... he gave praise to Thomas when a boston media member asked a leading question about the "antics" of Tim Thomas

and for the "chewing some ass" meh??? ... damned if you do, damned if you dont ... If he is going all apeshit on the bench people would say he wasnt keeping a level head and that attitude definitely doesnt transfer over well with the players ... AV has been composed ... the players havent followed his lead though ... you said it yourself ... the team reflects his attitude

I didnt see Julien "chewing any ass" ON THE BENCH at his players for doing stuff like what Lucic and Dr recchi did during game 3 even though he said prior to that game that taunting isnt something the Bruins
did

If youre gonna take a shot at him for player management or poor stroking of egos Ill agree with you ... if you want to shoot at him for gamesmanship ... make sure you include every coach in that discussion

@jstew...you are right, Julien is no better. Every time the camera goes to these guys on the bench they are looking like babies. Granted, after the game, when things cool down, they say the right things to the media but that's so they don't add fuel to the fire, I think. Both teams are acting like punks and the coaches are looking like " what, who us? What did we do?" That was more what I was getting at. Of course, maybe I'm just a bitter old man these days, lol.

On your comment in the bold jstew, Claude chewed them out after the game in the locker room. As for what I bolded in Tacoma's post, haven't coaches always tried to play the "what did we do" card? lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Im completely ashamed of the Fans at Rogers Arena cheering Luongo being pulled in game 4. The question was asked to Roberto how he felt about that and he just said next question turned around and walked away. Wonder what that will do to him? He looked pretty changed in his eyes on that. I think the Canucks now have enough things to look at and draw from to get back on track its now about do they have it in them to stick it to the critics? we shall see

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Im completely ashamed of the Fans at Rogers Arena cheering Luongo being pulled in game 4. The question was asked to Roberto how he felt about that and he just said next question turned around and walked away. Wonder what that will do to him? He looked pretty changed in his eyes on that. I think the Canucks now have enough things to look at and draw from to get back on track its now about do they have it in them to stick it to the critics? we shall see

Thats gotta be a real shitty feeling.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay here is what I see from a non fans perspective. Game 1 &2 were very close. The Canucks got a few good bounces and won, however their coach didn't seem to think they were having any problems any where else, Boston however has tightened up where they needed, The cheap stuff has nothing to do with Vancouver looking lost both games although they were a little better in game 4. Adjustments better be made or they will not recover, Don't know much about AV but he better start looking at why the Nucks can't get past the Neutral zone like they were in games 1 & 2, more dump and chase would be helpful with their speed, if they keep the Boston Defense moving the whole game they will have better chances at the net cause someone will get caught flat footed.