• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thelma-and-louise1.jpg

maybe we should put the Sedins in a concentraion camp eh buddy ... good times

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by 3 fucking callers to a call in talk show ??? thats the talk???

gimme a break

I've read numerous articles this morning... Not sure where now, and I am not going back through them all, that pointed out the media pushing for the Canucks to charge at TT.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and honestly, keep it up, it is working in our favor. He will tidow anyone who steps in his crease, and the rest of the team will back him up. Vancouver asked for this goonery and their getting it tenfold.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read numerous articles this morning... Not sure where now, and I am not going back through them all, that pointed out the media pushing for the Canucks to charge at TT.

find em for me ... whoever is writing or saying that is an idiot if they cant see that Timmay feeds off that stuff

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that pointed out the media pushing for the Canucks to charge at TT.

In either case...what does that have to do with what the Canucks themselves plan to do or actually do?

Media and talk show callers want a lot of ridiculous things.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will browse and see if I stumble across it, but I did find this and found it amusing...

When asked after Game 4 how his team could solve Thomas, Canucks captain Henrik Sedin fittingly responded, "I don't know, do you have an answer for me?"

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In either case...what does that have to do with what the Canucks themselves plan to do or actually do?

Well, he was saying that Marchand is being "lauded" for his actions in the third period, and I was just pointing out look at the ridiculous media up there.

Regardless, I hope Vancouver keeps playing that way, charge him, this will be the last game in VAncouver if thats the case.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have to get thomas moving side to side and exploit his aggressiveness ... they also have to try to get behind/next to him in the white when he comes out to play point shots and then throw the puck east west

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

someone phoned in this morn and said that Rick Rypien should come into the lineup
:L

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this has already been posted ... apologies

game 3: #8 Cam Neely night ... Bruins score 8
game 4: #4 Bobby Orr night ... Bruins score 4

game 6: any all time Bruins wear number 0? pretty please? no Gerry Cheevers thanks :)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this has already been posted ... apologies

game 3: #8 Cam Neely night ... Bruins score 8
game 4: #4 Bobby Orr night ... Bruins score 4

game 6: any all time Bruins wear number 0? pretty please? no Gerry Cheevers thanks :)

Channelling your inner Don Taylor - I'm thinking Ray Bourque night (#77)

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sedin were going any faster on the hit and Marchand moved out of the way while Sedin is preparing to put him into the boards he drives his full force into the boards and most likely injures himself. Don't think he'll be making a play on the puck after that. But if that is a concern a player should brace for the hit like they normally do. I'm not condoning boarding or allowing yourself to be boarded but most players have enough respect to slow a bit when they see the other players numbers.

If Sedin gets hurt doing that, it's his fault. Marchand bent over to avoid what was a late hit after the whistle I believe. He did nothing wrong and he has to worry about his own safety first.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Frankly, I can't stand to watch the chicken shit stuff. The first period was great last night. Fast paced clean play with hardly any of the post whistle scrums and bullshit. The refs were letting them play and then they call that ticky tack shit on Marchand and later in the game the same ticky tack shit on Henrik yet they let Kesler and Seidenberg or Chara hack the shit out of each other and cross check each other in front of the net. No consistency at all and it builds up and turns into a farce. Of course, the score makes things worse. Oh well, tied 2-2 and now a best of 3, pretty much what I expected, the home teams to hold serve (just didn't expect these scores). Off to Van we go.

As for the chippy shit, both teams need to knock it off and it's hypocritical to say one team is more responsible than the other. Marchand is always chippy (they like to say "on the edge") and Recchi has been chippy his whole career, although I've always admired the guy's heart and desire. Burrows, Lapierre, Torres are always taking little liberties and Kesler, as much as I love the guys game, is flat out dirty with his stick. Lots of others on both sides. Actually, it's a league wide epidemic. Time to quit and just play the game but they need officials who can take command too. No more diving, no more slashing and spearing. If you got a beef, drop the fucking gloves and man up, that's my attitude.

As for the actual hockey side, Ehrhoff and Edler have both been god awful these last 2 games. Ballard looked lost out there last night and even Bieksa and Salo aren't playing very well. Alberts seems to be the only Canuck Dman who actually arrived in Boston ready to play and that's just sad. It's worse when Lu goes into his funky soft goal mode like last night. Hopefully some home cooking will get these guys right. I still think we will see a game 7 in Vancouver when all is said and done. Go Canucks.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^

The above post sums things up quite nicely - Can the boys just play hockey and leave the theatrics to the WWE?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be great, but I just don't see it happening now. Both teams hate each other now with all the shit that has happened.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Canucks are in trouble but not that serious. I was so mad last night but have had time to be calm. Still need 2 wins both sides. Best of 3. Winner of Game 5 most likely wins this (dont think we can win in Boston). Canucks needs to find it deep in their cores.

think of one thing about fans actions everyone. The actions of the few dont weigh on the actions of the many.

I Believe

Go Canucks Go

Canucks in 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Handshake? They might bite my hand off...
and you'd no doubt cry about it for months afterwards.
they have to get thomas moving side to side and exploit his aggressiveness ... they also have to try to get behind/next to him in the white when he comes out to play point shots and then throw the puck east west
they had a few of those chances early in the game (including some from wide shots), resulted in puck bouncing around in the crease. The Malhotra chance in the crease comes to mind. looked like a face-off, but Manny's too used to drawing to the backhand, i guess.

fucking marchand. :smash: