• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How concerned is the Canadian Sports media about Luongo's performance the past two games?

One stat I found interesting was 5 on 5 Boston +24. Vancouver -2 for the playoffs.

they are not concerned at all man. they want him to fail like you. they want nothing more it will give them more viewership/readers. its better for them. all of canada outside BC wants vancouver to lose bad. and the canucks are not rallying against that at all

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
317385817.jpg

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Luongo keeps this up the rest of the series, anybody else feel he will be done in Vancouver?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are not concerned at all man. they want him to fail like you. they want nothing more it will give them more viewership/readers. its better for them. all of canada outside BC wants vancouver to lose bad. and the canucks are not rallying against that at all

That's so messed up. I understand wanting your team to win the Cup, but give me a break. A Canadian based team hasn't won the Cup since 1993.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's so messed up. I understand wanting your team to win the Cup, but give me a break. A Canadian based team hasn't won the Cup since 1993.

Yes, but four different Canadian teams have been in the finals since 2004. Lest we forget, Canadian teams won 7 straight Cups from 1984-1990.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did everyone outside of Edmonton hate the Oilers during their Cup run?

No, I don't think so, because Gretzky was a very popular player. I respected him greatly, but I was quite happy in 1986 when Steve Smith scored.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't think so, because Gretzky was a very popular player. I respected him greatly, but I was quite happy in 1986 when Steve Smith scored.

Watching the 1984 finals was a nightmare. The Isles looked like they were skating in mud. They had nothing left in the tank by the time they reached the finals.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Luongo keeps this up the rest of the series, anybody else feel he will be done in Vancouver?

I honestly didnt feel like he played that bad tonight. He certainly didnt play well, but he played great in games 1 and 2. Tonight none of the goals were really that bad:

1) A breakaway. Sure he got beat 5 hole, but it was still a breakaway.
2) Goal that fell 3 feet. Not really his fault.
3) A guy left alone 3 feet out of the crease
4) He makes the save and the puck bounces of a Dman or something and goes in

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Marchand makes impact felt - BostonHerald.com

“I take pride in whatever aspect of the game I’m playing,” Marchand said. “Obviously it’s a tough role to play. It’s tough to walk that line. I get pulled back a lot, but that’s how I have to play to be effective.”

Just so no one thinks he abandoned his role as an agitator, Marchand has continued to be in the middle of the action before — and after — the whistle nearly every shift. Late in the third period, he skated along the boards in Vancouver’s zone and tried to slip past Christian Ehrhoff. Marchand clipped the Canucks defender in the head on the way by and then was pursued by Daniel Sedin, who had lined up what Marchand deemed to be a “cheap hit.”

Marchand ducked Sedin’s check, sending the Vancouver winger head over heels to the ice. Like an action movie in which the bad guys keep appearing in droves, defenseman Keith Ballard made a beeline to Marchand. Ballard’s gloves were already off as he approached, and Marchand disposed of his in an instant.

Nothing more than some grappling followed, but it spoke volumes about what Marchand brings to the Bruins.

“He plays with a bit of an edge and it’s good to see that when he felt that he had to back it up he wasn’t afraid to get his gloves off,” Bruins tough-guy winger Shawn Thornton said. “Obviously, it wasn’t much of a tilt, but he was standing there willing to see what was going to happen. I like his character and I’m glad that he is on our team.”

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Thomas stealing the show while Roberto Luongo struggles - USATODAY.com

Sedin wasn't sure how the Canucks were going to get the puck past Thomas, who has given up just five goals in the first four games of the series.

"We have to keep doing the things we are," Sedin said. "He's playing well, like (Luongo) is when he's hot. When top goalies are hot, it's tough to score goals. We need to get a greasy one."

In addition to being stingy in allowing the puck to get behind him, Thomas has been a symbol of Boston's aggressive play. He laid a check on Henrik Sedin in Game 3 and he jousted with Alex Burrows in Game 4 after Burrows knocked the stick out of Thomas' hand.

"They'd been getting the butt end of my stick," Thomas said. "They did it a couple of times on the power play in the first period also.

"I don't know who it was, I was focused on the puck. That was like the third time that he'd hit my butt end on that power play."

According to Thomas, his decision to respond to Burrows occurred because the score was 4-0.

"I thought I would give him a love tap to let him know I know what you're doing, but I'm not going to let you do it forever," Thomas said.

His teammates weren't surprised that the beefy Thomas stood up for himself.

"He doesn't like to take any kind of cheap shots," Boston player Brad Marchand said. "He will give it right back, especially when there is a minute and a half left in the game."

"Of course he can (recover)," Henrik Sedin said. "He's been so good for us. Thomas has been struggling throughout the playoffs, but if you're a top goalie like they are, they're going to bounce back. We have a lot of trust in (Luongo)."

The Canucks are reminding themselves that they were up 3-0 on the Chicago Blackhawks in the first round of the playoffs, and then lost three in a row before winning Game 7.

"We just have to get playing the way we do, and take it to them," Luongo said.