• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canucks are embarrassing themselves fuck you if you think the bruins are not. Officials are doing what they are told. Oh well I don't see the Canucks recovering here home team series and bruins on all cylinders nucks on fumes. This thread has turned to shit with everyone getting classless so I'm on a timeout congrats bruins fans you should calm down and enjoy this domination

Meh, I wouldn't be so down on your team.

These last two games have been brutal on you Vancouver fans but at least your team have proven they can win at home so if it takes 7 games, so be it... I would still be confident... a bit pissed off at what's been going on? Sure... but it's not all that bad. You win game 5 and the pressure is back on Boston... Shrug.

wolfgang

wkern42
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
On the + side, the GA was cut in half, perhaps a continuing trend :)

Canucks need to score on Thomas to re-gain some offensive swagger. This was NOT a as lopsided as Game 3: the final score was a bit misleading.

Did not have the same feel as game 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the + side, the GA was cut in half, perhaps a continuing trend :)

Canucks need to score on Thomas to re-gain some offensive swagger. This was NOT a as lopsided as Game 3: the final score was a bit misleading.

Did not have the same feel as game 3.

Yep. This game was a lot closer than the score showed, despite what others will say. Thomas is just playing unreal right now. Vancouver could have had 3 goals in that first period. Then of course Lou gives up a couple softies and bang, game over.

Vancouver still wins this series in six I believe.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
That's the big one. We HAVE to score the first goal Friday night, IMO.

yeah, i was really damned concerned when the B's got the first one tonight.
especially as it was against the play. those ones are tough to come back from.

interesting tweet:
Luko37 Brad Lukowich
Marchand yours coming kid

so it's not just me, anyways

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^

You gotta love hockey players with the last name Lukowich...

NullDefault

Generic Comment
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, i was really damned concerned when the B's got the first one tonight.
especially as it was against the play. those ones are tough to come back from.

interesting tweet:
Luko37 Brad Lukowich
Marchand yours coming kid

so it's not just me, anyways

There's no doubt that Marchand was gooning it up there with that hip check. Even with my team loyalties this kind of shit has to stop. Had Sedin been coming in any faster there could have been a serious injury. I'm glad there wasn't. I want the Bruins to win the cup but not at the expense of other's player's health. Know what I mean?

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt that Marchand was gooning it up there with that hip check. Even with my team loyalties this kind of shit has to stop. Had Sedin been coming in any faster there could have been a serious injury. I'm glad there wasn't. I want the Bruins to win the cup but not at the expense of other's player's health. Know what I mean?

Nice post. Can we clone you? :D

NullDefault

Generic Comment
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nice post. Can we clone you? :D

If you are a fan of hockey I can't see actually wanting players to get hurt regardless of what sweater they are wearing. It's hard not to get pissed when one of your players goes out, and you might post that you want retribution, but no one on this board actually wants to see a career ending injury. No one.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Milbury really refer to the robots as Thelma and Louise?!? I was up late last night and caught a little of 'Bull Durham' on AMC, Susan Sarandon was hot in that flick...

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, im out. Nucks/fans, good series thus far. Best of three now. Cant wait for Friday! Later people. GO BRUINS!!!

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Milbury really refer to the robots as Thelma and Louise?!? I was up late last night and caught a little of 'Bull Durham' on AMC, Susan Sarandon was hot in that flick...

Well that would explain the one post Jeff had about that from earlier in the game. I thought he switched channels. :L

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is, as much as Boston has been mucking it up, I didn't see why Marchand flipping Sedin was so bad. OK, I see the potential for a severe injury getting flipped like that, yes...but he doesn't go airborne unless Sedin skates into Marchand.

I admit I've never played hockey and if I were in Marchand's skates, I'd probably do the same thing too just to save my own ass from getting hit lol. OK - Correct me people! I only saw the play once...did I miss something.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marchand did nothing wrong!!! If Sedin wasn't going in there hard enough to hit him after the play, he wouldn't have gotten upended. All Marchand did was bend over and avoid a hit. I can't believe people are saying he is at fault.

NullDefault

Generic Comment
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The funny thing is, as much as Boston has been mucking it up, I didn't see why Marchand flipping Sedin was so bad. OK, I see the potential for a severe injury getting flipped like that, yes...but he doesn't go airborne unless Sedin skates into Marchand.

I admit I've never played hockey and if I were in Marchand's skates, I'd probably do the same thing too just to save my own ass from getting hit lol. OK - Correct me people! I only saw the play once...did I miss something.

Bottom line is you skate into those areas and make plays expecting to be hit for the effort. When you see the hit coming and cause the other player to go head first into the boards you are asking for a severe injury. Brace for the hit, don't kneel over to force a player to go head first into the boards.