• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is, as much as Boston has been mucking it up, I didn't see why Marchand flipping Sedin was so bad. OK, I see the potential for a severe injury getting flipped like that, yes...but he doesn't go airborne unless Sedin skates into Marchand.

I admit I've never played hockey and if I were in Marchand's skates, I'd probably do the same thing too just to save my own ass from getting hit lol. OK - Correct me people! I only saw the play once...did I miss something.

You missed nothing. Your assessment is spot on.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is you skate into those areas and make plays expecting to be hit for the effort. When you see the hit coming and cause the other player to go head first into the boards you are asking for a severe injury. Brace for the hit, don't kneel over to force a player to go head first into the boards.

If the other player goes face first into the boards, that's his problem. Marchand did nothing wrong. what if HE gets injured from a hit that would have been late by the way.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering what in the blue hell was going through Daniel's mind when he skated hard at Marchand...That's totally out of character for Daniel and hadn't the whistle sounded already?!?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how two games can change all the so called experts views on a player. Now many are saying start Luongo in Game 5, but if he falters pull him. Then start Schneider in Game 6.

Considering Thomas made 37 saves, 4 goals on 20 shots is definately not getting it done. Game 5 will be put up or shut up time for Luongo. I don't think it's all his fault though. The defense pairings for Vancouver aren't completely familiar with one another. Ballard hasn't played much this year. Rome & Hamhuis are out. Boston definately took advantage.

NullDefault

Generic Comment
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the other player goes face first into the boards, that's his problem. Marchand did nothing wrong. what if HE gets injured from a hit that would have been late by the way.

The players know where they are on the ice and Marchand is smart enough to turn his body to avoid serious injury. It's similar to why when you see a player's numbers you slow up so as not to board them. It's all about a player's ability to react. The reason why we don't see that more isn't because players don't have the ability to see the hit coming. Trust me they know. They just don't do it because it has the potential to cause severe injuries.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I'm siding more with BTM here. A player ought to be allowed to defend himself. Especially with all the shit that's been going on in this series.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering what in the blue hell was going through Daniel's mind when he skated hard at Marchand...That's totally out of character for Daniel and hadn't the whistle sounded already?!?

Just think of what would have happened if it had been Torres instead of Daniel. It would have been VERY ugly.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 5 will be put up or shut up time for Luongo. I don't think it's all his fault though. .

this is the only time I have agreed with you on Luongo. these next 2 potentially 3 games will define his career forever.

NullDefault

Generic Comment
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Think I'm siding more with BTM here. A player ought to be allowed to defend himself. Especially with all the shit that's been going on in this series.

I totally agree that a player should be allowed to defend himself. Marchand could have moved out of the way of the hit or braced for the impact. In open ice that's a legitimate play, up against the boards though, that's risky at best.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the only time I have agreed with you on Luongo. these next 2 potentially 3 games will define his career forever.

He just didn't look comfortable at all tonight between the pipes...I've never been a goalie, but how can a guy look so great and then struggle like that in such a short span of time is a mystery to me.

Luongo was great in game 7 against Chicago, though.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he wanted to land a hit as "payback" for Marchand pulling down Ehrhoff into the boards a few seconds earlier...

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree that a player should be allowed to defend himself. Marchand could have moved out of the way of the hit or braced for the impact. In open ice that's a legitimate play, up against the boards though, that's risky at best.

OK, but if he moves out of the way then Sedin can swoop in and pick up the puck, no?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think of what would have happened if it had been Torres instead of Daniel. It would have been VERY ugly.

Sooooo hard not to make Torres comment.... I must abstain... LOL!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just didn't look comfortable at all tonight between the pipes...I've never been a goalie, but how can a guy look so great and then struggle like that in such a short span of time is a mystery to me.

Luongo was great in game 7 against Chicago, though.

its such a mental game Dash. you can be on top of the world and one goal against piles into your brain. especialyl when your team is struggling. it can fall apart so fucking fast. there were days and Im sure they will happen again when Im in a championship game up 2-0 and I give up a couple goals. then a 3rd and in my head its "I dont know what to do"

the worst part is I know its just be calm and focus on each shot thats so simple but its not man. the game is fast the nhl is light speed no matter who you are

NullDefault

Generic Comment
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OK, but if he moves out of the way then Sedin can swoop in and pick up the puck, no?

If Sedin were going any faster on the hit and Marchand moved out of the way while Sedin is preparing to put him into the boards he drives his full force into the boards and most likely injures himself. Don't think he'll be making a play on the puck after that. But if that is a concern a player should brace for the hit like they normally do. I'm not condoning boarding or allowing yourself to be boarded but most players have enough respect to slow a bit when they see the other players numbers.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been listening to a little of the Team 1040 post-game call-in show (Vancouver Canucks radio), they seem to be advocating running Tim Thomas, just don't cross the line. Could be a very nasty game 5 if that happens.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sedin were going any faster on the hit and Marchand moved out of the way while Sedin is preparing to put him into the boards he drives his full force into the boards and most likely injures himself. Don't think he'll be making a play on the puck after that. But if that is a concern a player should brace for the hit like they normally do. I'm not condoning boarding or allowing yourself to be boarded but most players have enough respect to slow a bit when they see the other players numbers.

Lol, not a whole lotta respect being shown by either team this series.