• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stanley Cup Finals - (1) Vancouver Canucks vs (3) Boston Bruins

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuuka Effen Christ.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck Daddy with a zinger of a question at the end of this Bobby Lou interview...

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck Daddy with a zinger of a question at the end of this Bobby Lou interview...

yeah thats the one I was referring to earlier. bad timing for the question I think. needs to be pointed out really. the fans did wrong. they really did.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Chapman twitter:

"If he'd been their GM he'd have traded them in their first year anyway". Cory Schneider on Mike Milbury calling Sedins Thelma and Louise

I may be in the minority here but if I do not think network broadcasters should say things like that and be as biased as Milbury is. I think its wrong when he and Cherry do it on HNIC and I think its wrong when Milbury (who wants so badly to be the new Don Cherry) is that way on NBC and Versus.

I think its unprofessional and diminishes the broadcast.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NHL network panel guys (obvious bias as all are former hockey) players thought it was an unneccessary question

it was asked solely to illicite an emotional reaction so Wyshynski could have something to discuss on his blog ... job well done puckdaddy ... good piling on

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL network panel guys (obvious bias as all are former hockey) players thought it was an unneccessary question

it was asked solely to illicite an emotional reaction so Wyshynski could have something to discuss on his blog ... job well done puckdaddy ... good piling on

yeah it should not be asked there. I think later after its decided. its poor.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Comeds, I agree. Part of being in broadcasting has to be a certain neutrality. I think for Cherry, it's as much schtick as anything although he is a passionate guy about his nationality and patriotism. He's actually pretty good this series and even if you hate the guy, he does know hockey inside and out. Milbury, on the other hand is a hypocrite and an idiot who doesn't even make an effort to be unbiased. Even though I was a huge Bruin fan back in the day, I never liked Milbury. He was a cheap shot artist and a mediocre player. He used to be real good at sucker punching guys in scrums only to let Jonathan and O'Reilly and guys like that do the dirty work.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be in the minority here but if I do not think network broadcasters should say things like that and be as biased as Milbury is. I think its wrong when he and Cherry do it on HNIC and I think its wrong when Milbury (who wants so badly to be the new Don Cherry) is that way on NBC and Versus.

I think its unprofessional and diminishes the broadcast.

I think professionalism in sports media (if it ever existed) is gone

guys like Bill Simmons calling edmonton sun writers Vancouver homers and then being caught on camera front row cheering a bruins goal ... cmon?!?!?

is it the influence of bloggers? ... i dont know? ... they uncover alot of stuff that beat reporters always used to bury ... opinions sell as opposed to the robot reading the scores of a teleprompter in a monotone voice but this name calling is all childish

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got a tweet from Milbury, he wants you guys to stop pussifying his on-air work...

/Seriously, I agree with comeds above, you have to know when to draw the line, you can be critical, but name-calling crosses the line, in my opinion...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got a tweet from Milbury, he wants you guys to stop pussifying his on-air work...

/Seriously, I agree with comeds above, you have to know when to draw the line, you can be critical, but name-calling crosses the line, in my opinion...

I just got an email from a Versus account and all it was is a picture of a shoe. I think I retract my last post. Milbury is good.

I get tired of Cherry at times and I do think he is hypocritical about things depending on who and what teams he is talking about but I will almost give him a pass because basically CBC is giving him 7 minutes to do with what he wants. Hes not really reporting or covering the games.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading that, and before I checked to see who posted it, I thought I was reading one of Boss's posts...

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats not a fair comment ... have you watched all 22 games? They may not have made the score sheet every game but theyve been around the net while playing all world top line d pairings of Seabrook/Keith, Weber/Suter and now Seidenberg/Chara

theyre not shrinking violets on the road ... their production is equivalent ... both in the playoffs and during the reg season

to your point that they got close to half their points in 2 games ... well its close to a third so youre on to something but I dont think their compete level can be classified as "invisible" ... theyre not pulling a Dany Heatley or anything like that ... Tim Thomas is beating them this series ... He's in the entire teams heads

You're right, actually, my bad. "Invisible" was way too harsh a word for me to use there...

No, I didn't watch all 22 games (more like 2(CHI)+3(NSH)+5(SJ)+4(BOS)=14) so there IS a lot that I missed and I have no doubt that they contributed a lot more than what's on the scoresheet.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... they have overall disappointed this offseason... not to the degree of bums like Heatley (good example of complete total failure, great job), but still... and I know everyone here knows/realizes that.

And yes, the original comment that their balls shrink up on the road or whatever it was is also a bit harsh, I agree there too.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think professionalism in sports media (if it ever existed) is gone

guys like Bill Simmons calling edmonton sun writers Vancouver homers and then being caught on camera front row cheering a bruins goal ... cmon?!?!?

is it the influence of bloggers? ... i dont know? ... they uncover alot of stuff that beat reporters always used to bury ... opinions sell as opposed to the robot reading the scores of a teleprompter in a monotone voice but this name calling is all childish

I agree that bloggers have changed the way people/fans look at things.

I just wish people would look around to get different opinions and not make a choice based on one blogger.

The same goes with politics, people read what they want to hear and take it as the truth.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, that last question to Luongo almost breaks my heart! I'm such a sucker.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:Cry:

I agree with you. it breaks my heart as well. it was poor taste

meh i wouldnt go that far ... I feel bad that he has to take the shit he does but then again Luongo probably went home and slept on a bed of money (Mike Commodore style)