• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: STANLEY CUP FINAL: Los Angles Kings vs. New York Rangers

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for it being because of Kane. :rolleyes:

tongue-out-emoticon.jpg

It's clearly because everyone wishes they were in New York City instead of Buffalo.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many people in Buffalo watch the CBC telecast instead of NBC :noidea:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to be that the Rangers sucked, right?

Couldn't be that the Kings finally woke up and were just that good last night.

I'm not saying tnat, nor in any of my poats did I ever discredit the Kings for what they did. Never once, I just think it's blown way out of proportion about us not standing a chance. And that's what pisses me off. You all can keep taking your shots at me for saying "hater" or "everyone is against us" it's all good, l know I deserve any criticism I get. But I hate that, what the Kings did is great, but we're overshadowed because in essence we had an "easier" path.

Kings weren't the only team to make a comebaxk in the playoffs this year. We were dead to rights in round 2, battle adversity and now here we are today. But for some reason, that gets overlooked.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they stood a chance last night, could have won it and better win the next one. long way from being over.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Henrik's a good man. I like him. I got nothing against him, but the Kings are definitely gonna make orphans of his children.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they stood a chance last night, could have won it and better win the next one. long way from being over.

We can win the next one. We just need to stick to our plan, stick to our style of play and not get away from it, like we did late last night.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think the Kings are going to commit regicide.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High blocker is the weakest point on virtually every goalie out there for this exact reason. The added weight of the stick and the out-facing hand position (the way it turns your arm) makes it harder to get the blocker up as quickly as the glove too.

I like the statistical analysis, but he's not really telling you anything new.

That shit is my bread and butter. From the right side I stay wide and use the "shooter's illusion" and go right up inside the corner on the far side like you used to be able to do in the 70s and 80s (and still can do on lots of beer leaguers). From the left side I drop my right shoulder and try to pull him off the post just a little and then roof it short side. Not to toot my own horn but it's like fucking poetry man.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
were all 3 goals over Henriks Shoulder? Seems like it

Doughty goal was under the arm, not over the shoulder. Which pretty much automatically makes it a bad goal, even though everything to set up the shot was beautiful.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doughty goal was under the arm, not over the shoulder. Which pretty much automatically makes it a bad goal, even though everything to set up the shot was beautiful.

I think Hank moved just a moment to look around the traffic in front and just opened up enough. Doughy's move was a beaut, but the shot was not a snipe by any means. He was just trowing it into the fray and it went all seeing eye shot. I can't blame him on that one.

It all came together. If Lundquist didn't tend to stay so deep, it probably hits something. But if he is out further, he gets knocked over.

Well, earlier than he did.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hank moved just a moment to look around the traffic in front and just opened up enough. Doughy's move was a beaut, but the shot was not a snipe by any means. He was just trowing it into the fray and it went all seeing eye shot. I can't blame him on that one.

It all came together. If Lundquist didn't tend to stay so deep, it probably hits something. But if he is out further, he gets knocked over.

Well, earlier than he did.

I find that when I make a sick move to beat a defenseman or open something up it often doesn't take a similarly sick move/shot to beat the goalie. I don't know if they get surprised or if they get jumpy after seeing the defenseman get embarrassed or what happens, but it sure seems like I've scored a lot of soft goals after great plays away from the net.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]D8Yl-CrwtRE[/YOUTUBE]

Hahah, I knew I liked FS1.

Also: although I'm not attracted to women, I'd marry that girl. I would. I'd do it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder whatever happened to loki...

I'm friends with her on Facebook she seems pretty busy I've seen her post here a few times but not much