• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: STANLEY CUP FINAL: Los Angles Kings vs. New York Rangers

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NMCGPJS.gif

lol at that turnover, holy crap

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wanted togo there, I should have!

I did the big screen w/ the Pens once, abbbbsolutely hated it. Couldn't see/hear the game well, around a bunch of idiots. I love the idea of being in a place with a bunch of fans, with the energy...but man for me, home is just fine.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously giradi is the most to the blame but what was McDonough doing at the blueline?

I think they were exiting the zone looking for a rush up ice, not being conservative enough in their own end. The second Girardi fell to a knee he was screwed. However, he probably would've been better getting that behind the net and giving him time to stand up.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ funny nobody called him out for counting out the Kings in round 1, yet I am for counting us out against Pitt... :laugh3:

Just one game. I'm not worried. Every game will be a 1 goal game and goalie duel. We can hang with them.

Why's everybody always pickin' on me?

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]474423745319157760[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that the common theme I've seen is "Kings win despite terrible game". I mean, it was a bad start...but that third period was basically all them.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Doughty goal to tie was pure filth. The turnover was bad but Williams shot was perfect.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
855709034.gif

I understand Brad Marchand called him after the game and said "Dude, it's too much".

Interesting that the common theme I've seen is "Kings win despite terrible game". I mean, it was a bad start...but that third period was basically all them.

Kings made four bad plays the entire game and two wound up in their net. From halfway in the second, they never once looked out of control. The most out of control I saw was Doughboy after he got Kreidered in the face. And even then, Stevens came right over and told him to relax. I saw a lot of poise. If not for Lundquist, this could have been really bad. He kept them in it so much I won't even talk about how he totally chunked the winner.

This was just dirty.
Doughty-Goal.gif

And Dorsett :L

UNG! WHERE BAD MAN GO?

So, I guess the Rangers have to expand on the "Just knock Marian Gaborik off the puck" gameplan and expand it to "Just knock Gaborik, Clifford, Doughty, Williams, and Kopitar off the puck. Oh and shoot it past Quick."

And I was stunned... STUNNED when Quick kicked a goalpost off. Why does that keep happening to him? Are the Marsh pegs weaker on his net?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
were all 3 goals over Henriks Shoulder? Seems like it

from Kevin Woodley on Tuesday

Blocker side better? -- Lundqvist elevated his glove position years ago to try to take away some of the open net shooters see behind his deeper positioning and used a stiffer practice glove that stayed more open and appeared to cove a bigger area. Though there was balance during the season, he gave up eight goals high on the glove in 47 games through the end of the Eastern Conference Second Round in 2014, compared with 14 in the first 30 games. In that same time frame in 2014, 31 percent of the goals against him were elevated on the glove side compared with 41 percent on the blocker side. Unlike the glove, Lundqvist can't hold his blocker any higher without compromising his stick position, and appears to be more vulnerable high-blocker.

Through the first two rounds of the playoffs, 16 of 27 goals went in mid-to-high on the blocker side compared to eight on the glove. The majority of goals (20 of 27) were also scored from the blocker side of the ice during that time, yet the Montreal Canadiens seemed to target his glove, especially early in the Eastern Conference Final. In the first two games the Canadiens fired 17 shots to the glove side, including several of their best chances, and scored once. In the same time they shot 10 times to the blocker side, scoring twice.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
may have been mentioned but rangers seemed to be shooting wide off the end boards from the point "on purpose" (or they need some target practice? :noidea:) and it seemed like it worked in getting Quick scrambling out of position quite a bit