• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: STANLEY CUP FINAL: Los Angles Kings vs. New York Rangers

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Kevin Woodley on Tuesday

Blocker side better? -- Lundqvist elevated his glove position years ago to try to take away some of the open net shooters see behind his deeper positioning and used a stiffer practice glove that stayed more open and appeared to cove a bigger area. Though there was balance during the season, he gave up eight goals high on the glove in 47 games through the end of the Eastern Conference Second Round in 2014, compared with 14 in the first 30 games. In that same time frame in 2014, 31 percent of the goals against him were elevated on the glove side compared with 41 percent on the blocker side. Unlike the glove, Lundqvist can't hold his blocker any higher without compromising his stick position, and appears to be more vulnerable high-blocker.

Through the first two rounds of the playoffs, 16 of 27 goals went in mid-to-high on the blocker side compared to eight on the glove. The majority of goals (20 of 27) were also scored from the blocker side of the ice during that time, yet the Montreal Canadiens seemed to target his glove, especially early in the Eastern Conference Final. In the first two games the Canadiens fired 17 shots to the glove side, including several of their best chances, and scored once. In the same time they shot 10 times to the blocker side, scoring twice.

K6fEJVi.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only one game, but to me, the Kings are playing the role of the Colorado Avalanche and the Rangers are playing the role of the Florida Panthers and it's the 1996 Stanley Cup Finals.

/I'm not saying it's going to be a sweep, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only one game, but to me, the Kings are playing the role of the Colorado Avalanche and the Rangers are playing the role of the Florida Panthers and it's the 1996 Stanley Cup Finals.

Going down 2-0 first thought was, well that went according to the Kings plan. this team cant be held back. AV better come with a better plan that game 1 and the Rangers played well when I say that. They came out strong got a 2 goal lead and couldnt hold it.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from Kevin Woodley on Tuesday

Blocker side better? -- Lundqvist elevated his glove position years ago to try to take away some of the open net shooters see behind his deeper positioning and used a stiffer practice glove that stayed more open and appeared to cove a bigger area. Though there was balance during the season, he gave up eight goals high on the glove in 47 games through the end of the Eastern Conference Second Round in 2014, compared with 14 in the first 30 games. In that same time frame in 2014, 31 percent of the goals against him were elevated on the glove side compared with 41 percent on the blocker side. Unlike the glove, Lundqvist can't hold his blocker any higher without compromising his stick position, and appears to be more vulnerable high-blocker.

Through the first two rounds of the playoffs, 16 of 27 goals went in mid-to-high on the blocker side compared to eight on the glove. The majority of goals (20 of 27) were also scored from the blocker side of the ice during that time, yet the Montreal Canadiens seemed to target his glove, especially early in the Eastern Conference Final. In the first two games the Canadiens fired 17 shots to the glove side, including several of their best chances, and scored once. In the same time they shot 10 times to the blocker side, scoring twice.

High blocker is the weakest point on virtually every goalie out there for this exact reason. The added weight of the stick and the out-facing hand position (the way it turns your arm) makes it harder to get the blocker up as quickly as the glove too.

I like the statistical analysis, but he's not really telling you anything new.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too.

I think the Rangers have a great goalie but otherwise are slightly above average.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High blocker is the weakest point on virtually every goalie out there for this exact reason. The added weight of the stick and the out-facing hand position (the way it turns your arm) makes it harder to get the blocker up as quickly as the glove too.

I like the statistical analysis, but he's not really telling you anything new.

true ... exactly what Carey price said when Bruins said they had his weaknesses figured out in their series

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Ourand ‏@Ourand_SBJ ·28 mins
Source: Rangers–Kings pulled a 3.8 overnight. That's down -22% from last year’s 3OT Bruins-Blackhawks Game 1 (4.9).

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Ourand ‏@Ourand_SBJ ·28 mins
Source: Rangers–Kings pulled a 3.8 overnight. That's down -22% from last year’s 3OT Bruins-Blackhawks Game 1 (4.9).

blame LA. I got an email from my friend in LA she was looking for tickets and said that they were selling at 12% below ticket price.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simple, just shoot it over his shoulder.

It helps when he purposely drops the shoulder to allow the OT winner over it.

Me too.

I think the Rangers have a great goalie but otherwise are slightly above average.

But they are THE GREATEST SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE, RIGHT? RIGHT??

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the only chance the rangers have is if the kings run out of gas. The rangers played great in the first 2 periods, but once LA decided to show up and play the rangers were completely dominated

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blame LA. I got an email from my friend in LA she was looking for tickets and said that they were selling at 12% below ticket price.

The game started at 5:30PT. That really sucks for them.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go, down 1-0 and being counted out of the series again. Why did we even bother showing up? According to all the experts on here and on NHL Network and NBCSPN and ESPN and wherever else, the series was over when we moved to the Final. Maybe we should just pack our bags and accept the sweep. :rollseyes:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go, down 1-0 and being counted out of the series again. Why did we even bother showing up? According to all the experts on here and on NHL Network and NBCSPN and ESPN and wherever else, the series was over when we moved to the Final. Maybe we should just pack our bags and accept the sweep. :rollseyes:

gty_rnc_eastwood_chair_jef_120830_wg.jpg

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other teams can get hot and make a run and it's a great run. Rangers do it and it's a fluke, they don't belong here, they're gonna get smacked around. Give me a break.

We can hang with this team, proved it the first 2 periods. But some stupid fucking reason, they went back to playing Tortorella hockey and sitting back when the game was tied at 2. They sat back as if they had the lead, didn't press, couldn't sustain any pressure in the offensive zone, it was disgusting. Nobody fucking moved, the PP was awful, everybody acted like their skates were stuck in fucking quicksand.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other teams can get hot and make a run and it's a great run. Rangers do it and it's a fluke, they don't belong here, they're gonna get smacked around. Give me a break.

We can hang with this team, proved it the first 2 periods. But some stupid fucking reason, they went back to playing Tortorella hockey and sitting back when the game was tied at 2. They sat back as if they had the lead, didn't press, couldn't sustain any pressure in the offensive zone, it was disgusting. Nobody fucking moved, the PP was awful, everybody acted like their skates were stuck in fucking quicksand.

Had to be that the Rangers sucked, right?

Couldn't be that the Kings finally woke up and were just that good last night.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not a fluke. it's been a nice run by the rangers. they've beaten some good teams and deserve to be where they are.

the kings are just way better than the rangers.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real_ESPNLeBrun: AV on Kings after watching film this morning: "They're one of the best teams I've seen in a long time."

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real_ESPNLeBrun: AV on Kings after watching film this morning: "They're one of the best teams I've seen in a long time."

He needs to stop being a hater too. Doesn't he know that they DIVE?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see, Johnny, the Rangers are a great story who very few if any gave a chance to make it this far this season. They are in essence, the little bug that could.

On the left coast, where the experts say the big boys hang out, the California state champ didn't get a t-shirt - it got a windshield.

No matter how good you looked through the first half of the game, the windshield will always win out over the bug - always.