• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford stinks

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

He is already way above bust and much closer to being elite than he is to bust. Some of you guys really need to get a grip. He is 25! Aaron Rodgers didnt even throw his first NFL pass until then. Peyton Manning sucked balls his first 3 years. Stafford is already better than 2/3 of the QBs.

He does need to get better at making decisions. The coaching staff has not done much at all to help him from what I can see.

Stafford's career passer rating is 83.0. That ranks 17th among active quarterbacks, take out his 2011 rating of 97.2 and it even worse not adding that his record against winning teams is anything to talk about 1-23. Maybe not a bust yet but sure is working for it.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His record? You mean the teams record right? Also if you took out his worst year his rating would be higher......

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doyel is a "shock jock" writer who just tries to get a rise out of readers. The only less credible sports writer might be Mike Freeman. Stafford isn't a bust but so far a disappointment the last two seasons. He is still a top 5 arm talent in the NFL and only 25. He certainly has not gotten any better (probably poor work ethic). Let's see how he responds next season with a real coach instead of super douche Schwartz.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doyel is a "shock jock" writer who just tries to get a rise out of readers. The only less credible sports writer might be Mike Freeman. Stafford isn't a bust but so far a disappointment the last two seasons. He is still a top 5 arm talent in the NFL and only 25. He certainly has not gotten any better (probably poor work ethic). Let's see how he responds next season with a real coach instead of super douche Schwartz.

I hated reading that he wouldn't be open to a QB "guru" but I don't question his work ethic. Dude stayed in Detroit most of the offseason to train. Sounds to me like a "guru" is exactly what is needed. What good is putting in all of that extra work if he isn't improving? Hopefully him answering in that fashion was about saving face and not his real thoughts.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated reading that he wouldn't be open to a QB "guru" but I don't question his work ethic. Dude stayed in Detroit most of the offseason to train. Sounds to me like a "guru" is exactly what is needed. What good is putting in all of that extra work if he isn't improving? Hopefully him answering in that fashion was about saving face and not his real thoughts.

Kinda had same thoughts. He could be just not saying the wrong things to make it look bad at current regime. Part of his slump maybe due to Linehan and Schwartz??? SUre come next week, there may be a lot of loose lips in the locker room. Kinda felt Bush's comments were a BS cover also...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford's career passer rating is 83.0. That ranks 17th among active quarterbacks, take out his 2011 rating of 97.2 and it even worse not adding that his record against winning teams is anything to talk about 1-23. Maybe not a bust yet but sure is working for it.

And Peyton Manning's and Drew Brees's was about the same after thier first 4 years playing for much better teams. And if you take out Stafford's first year because he came out of college a year early his rating is actually 88 which was higher than thier first 4 years. Brady and Rodgers were not even off the bench until they were 24 or 25.

Is there a point you were trying to make? Because Stafford at 25 is better than all of these guys were at 25.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Peyton Manning's and Drew Brees's was about the same after thier first 4 years playing for much better teams. And if you take out Stafford's first year because he came out of college a year early his rating is actually 88 which was higher than thier first 4 years. Brady and Rodgers were not even off the bench until they were 24 or 25.

Is there a point you were trying to make? Because Stafford at 25 is better than all of these guys were at 25.

While agree with all you stated. What scares me is all these guys are coachable. With Staffords latest statement of " no guru". There is a chance new regime might not help. ALthough I felt Stafford was maybe hiding some feelings about Schwartz and Linehan. Stafford never takes the blame of bad games. You watch them other guys and they are pissed after a loss. Matty is to ho-hum.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion Since the last month of games has me pissed off I guess the point is that there should be more consistency and progression to the upside in his career as of now. I would like to see better decision making on his part in the future. He's got great leadership which is a quality that is needed. Stats give us a parameter as to how a player does and his aren't showing a progression to the upside but they aren't as important as winning and he has to produce wins. Next year could be his make or break year. By the way Brady at 24 was Super Bowl MVP

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree Gandy and Dutch.

Although he got some leeway for the first 4 or 5 seasons, all those guys I mentioned broke out around 25 or 26 and have been elite ever since. Stafford needs to put up or shut up the next couple years or he will turn into Jay Cutler.

I really think Stafford is the Dan Marino type though. Rocket arm, big numbers, but not quite enough to win a super bowl. I hope I am wrong still.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Stafford is the Dan Marino type though. Rocket arm, big numbers, but not quite enough to win a super bowl. I hope I am wrong still.

Man I hate this phrase. Media gage QB's on SB wins. One man never wins a team sport.

Marino never lost, the Dolphins did as a team. The only reason Dolphins got that far was the offense. That defense sucked and 49ers exposed it. Walsh played a dime defense the 3 quarters and shut them down. While Shula had no answer for the newly west coast offense and the RB pass catching threat of Craig and Wendell( can't remmeber last name) killed them out of the backfield. Killer B's got killed. Not that I was a Dolphin as a kid or nothing. Still in closet with Dolphins.

Eli did not win a SUperbowl. The Giants did. Tyree(??) made a great catch on a terrible throw and Eli gets credit. That defense shut down what was a machine that year.

Flacco won it and cashed in!!! Jacoby return and that defense was stellar in that Flacco victory.