• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jersey controversy

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this story how some Lions fans want Stafford's Lions jersey banned from the upcoming playoff game. I'm not a Lions fan, don't dislike them, in fact I'm hoping either the Lions or Browns win the SB. Personally, in my humble opinion, it would be so disrespectful to a player who gave his heart and soul to your team. He didn't leave chasing a ring, he was traded. No matter what Lions fans should let him know they're grateful for all he did, what he tried to do for your team. Two of your all-time greats retired early for a reason, and it wasn't because of Stafford. It was because the team was so mismanaged for far too long. The present and future look good for your team. Stay classy Lions fans and best of luck. I'll be rooting for your team.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Glover, Metro Detroit Realtor, is exchanging 1000 current Lions jerseys for old Numba Nines.

Then he’s donating the used Numba Nines to LA shelters en sech.

Stafford will most likely get his #9 retired one day at Ford Field. Nobody dislikes the guy.

But if you’re one of those that bought Rams swag and Blue and Gold Staff jerseys after the trade, you should just stay a Rams fan.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a lifelong Lions fan. But I bought Stafford Rams jersey (well a hoodie with his name and number) The moment he was traded and proudly wore it as he won a SuperBowl. I always thought he deserved a lot better treatment than he got with so many idiots blaming Stafford because he didn't win any playoff games or against teams with a winning record or in Lambeau field or whatever people chose to pile on him for. I'm happy for him and his career. I cheer for Stafford every game it's not against us. If I was at the game this weekend and not working a bullshit 16 hour shift I would cheer my head off for him when they announced him before the game. Give him a huge welcome home. Let him know how much we appreciated everything he did for us.

And then once the game started I would be hoping like Hell that he threw a couple of those patented Stafford Pick 6's. No mercy during the game.

As far as jerseys I wouldn't have a problem with people wearing the #9 jerseys. I think it would actually be cool to support the Lions and honor Stafford.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this story how some Lions fans want Stafford's Lions jersey banned from the upcoming playoff game. I'm not a Lions fan, don't dislike them, in fact I'm hoping either the Lions or Browns win the SB. Personally, in my humble opinion, it would be so disrespectful to a player who gave his heart and soul to your team. He didn't leave chasing a ring, he was traded. No matter what Lions fans should let him know they're grateful for all he did, what he tried to do for your team. Two of your all-time greats retired early for a reason, and it wasn't because of Stafford. It was because the team was so mismanaged for far too long. The present and future look good for your team. Stay classy Lions fans and best of luck. I'll be rooting for your team.

That’s silly. But then, I wouldn’t wear it to the game myself.