• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford 6th highest paid athlete in the world?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy what the old rookie pay scale did to athletes.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Stafford's rookie year the last under the old scale?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2010 was last year under old rookie wage scale. Fairley's rookie year began new CBA, 2011.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Suh's was.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more interested in what Smitty thinks.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more interested in what Smitty thinks.

We know what he thinks.

P.S. I thought u died old timer. Good to see you're alive and kicking.

Simple_Minds_Alive_and_Kicking_single_cover.jpg

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was more the restructure and extension than the original contract. Both still absurd!

Which is scary part of Suh and his extension debacle.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Stafford. Fat bitch is killing this franchise. Throw s'smore money at him for boob jobs, canceling players only meeting and turnovers. I don't even care. Kid isn't good, face it. It's just how it is. But we're stuck with him. First pick Millenhew ever made. Remember when all you fellas liked to chant "In Mayhew We Trust!"? That must have been fun.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was more the restructure and extension than the original contract. Both still absurd!

Which is scary part of Suh and his extension debacle.

Suhs done here. Gotta pay numba nine. Never mind who is actually the best at what he does.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you people hate his guts? What's he done for you? Honest question. Id like to know, cuz it's so far from where Im coming from. I haven't liked him since the Cleveland game a long time ago,(a looooooooong time ago) when they called TO, like a bunch of fucking idiots. He's aboot equal to Todd Bertuzzi to me, and Id like that fuck to break his back and suffer a slow agonizing end to his career. (If he were drowning i eouldnt save him, Id save Staff, once he agreed to retire.)Jason Smith, Tyson Jackson, Aaron Curry, Aaron Maybin,DHB, and BJ Raji wouldn't be killing this franchise with their cap hit by now to all you smartasses. Horrrrrrrrible Pick. Much more crippling than Mike Williams, Charlie Rogers or Jahvid Best. Since people, mostly those that matter, still believe.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Stafford. Fat bitch is killing this franchise. Throw s'smore money at him for boob jobs, canceling players only meeting and turnovers. I don't even care. Kid isn't good, face it. It's just how it is. But we're stuck with him. First pick Millenhew ever made. Remember when all you fellas liked to chant "In Mayhew We Trust!"? That must have been fun.

Stafford is pretty much down to his last chance with me as well. I think we should consider making him a backup if he does not straighten out. If these coaches cant make a consistent QB out of him then its time to move on.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you people hate his guts? What's he done for you? Honest question. Id like to know, cuz it's so far from where Im coming from. I haven't liked him since the Cleveland game a long time ago,(a looooooooong time ago) when they called TO, like a bunch of fucking idiots. He's aboot equal to Todd Bertuzzi to me, and Id like that fuck to break his back and suffer a slow agonizing end to his career. (If he were drowning i eouldnt save him, Id save Staff, once he agreed to retire.)Jason Smith, Tyson Jackson, Aaron Curry, Aaron Maybin,DHB, and BJ Raji wouldn't be killing this franchise with their cap hit by now to all you smartasses. Horrrrrrrrible Pick. Much more crippling than Mike Williams, Charlie Rogers or Jahvid Best. Since people, mostly those that matter, still believe.

I still like Stoner Smitty better than Serious Smitty. Serious Smitty is just mean.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is pretty much down to his last chance with me as well. I think we should consider making him a backup if he does not straighten out. If these coaches cant make a consistent QB out of him then its time to move on.

Fucked up part is, bumblefuck Stafford is better than safety Orlovsky... I believe this is why some have talked of using a mid round pick to get a QB.

Now if you are talking of Caldwell showing his "discipline" skills. A benching of Stafford will not correct his issues. He has stated he needs no work!

Someone who is possibly NFL ready but dropped due to injury is Murray??

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Stoner Smitty better than Serious Smitty. Serious Smitty is just mean.

Serious Smitty is no meaner, just a tad bit more straight forward and frank with his feelings. I miss Stoner Smitty's oneliners for sure.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucked up part is, bumblefuck Stafford is better than safety Orlovsky... I believe this is why some have talked of using a mid round pick to get a QB.

Now if you are talking of Caldwell showing his "discipline" skills. A benching of Stafford will not correct his issues. He has stated he needs no work!

I was thinking about Lombardi and company helping Stafford with his decision making. Discipline hadn't crossed my mind.

Agree with Murray as a decent option. one of those 4ths maybe

Last edited by a moderator:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What injury did he have? I ask in seriousness bc I thought his knock was that he didn't show up in big games, which I think he overcame this year.

Murray is a guy I'd love to have as a backup to Stafford.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a poster who was critical of Stafford even back in 2012, and getting crucified for it, I'll answer. Because he was supposed to be the savior (as any #1 overall pick QB is), and looked to be on his way to being that guy in 2011. It's hard, as a fan, to let that go. To realize it may just have been a tease. Especially as bad as we've been for so long with such mediocre QB's. Guys want to believe in what they saw in 2011 instead of face what they see now.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What injury did he have? I ask in seriousness bc I thought his knock was that he didn't show up in big games, which I think he overcame this year.

Murray is a guy I'd love to have as a backup to Stafford.

Murray tore his ACL in November. He's a good talent. Whoever ends up drafting him will have a steal.