• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stackhouse named HC at Vanderbilt

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanderbilt hires former NBA star Jerry Stackhouse to be its men's basketball coach

This is a guy who specializes in player development. He was the head coach of the 2017 G-League Champion Raptors 905, was crucial in the development of soon-to-be all-star Pascal Siakam, and has also done a nice job with the young guys on Grizzlies this season. Now, he's set to him the recruiting trail and I think he will do a good job.

Also one of my favorites growing up, and considering many here have taken issue with my rooting interests (namely @shopson67 ), would anyone object to Vanderbilt being my favorite college team? :scratch:

And as far as I'm concerned, Stu Jackson is solely responsible for this guy never getting a ring when he cowardly suspended him for Game 5 of the 2006. To this day, that one was pure bullshit. :nod:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vanderbilt hires former NBA star Jerry Stackhouse to be its men's basketball coach

This is a guy who specializes in player development. He was the head coach of the 2017 G-League Champion Raptors 905, was crucial in the development of soon-to-be all-star Pascal Siakam, and has also done a nice job with the young guys on Grizzlies this season. Now, he's set to him the recruiting trail and I think he will do a good job.

Also one of my favorites growing up, and considering many here have taken issue with my rooting interests (namely @shopson67 ), would anyone object to Vanderbilt being my favorite college team? :scratch:

And as far as I'm concerned, Stu Jackson is solely responsible for this guy never getting a ring when he cowardly suspended him for Game 5 of the 2006. To this day, that one was pure bullshit. :nod:

Why include that last 2 paragraphs?

90% of your threads have to have a jab at somebody.

Maybe the Mavs would have won, maybe not. Miami had momentum and the while the suspension was debateable, the foul in question was defintely flagrant. But also, that play is completely irrelevant to the thread topic.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 years.....surpeised at the length for a first time HC.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Ole Stack recently recruited the sons of both Scottie Pippen and Kenyon Martin. Not a bad start for his new duties.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! I read this as Steakhouse named HC, and I thought they had named a restaurant after the Hildebeest.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hqdefault.jpg