• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spurs vs Heat NBA FINALS Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question... Is Spo on the hot seat...? If the Heat win obviously all is happy, but if not... Does Riley pull the Van Gundy card and take over again...? If he doesn't, does he move one/two of the big 3...? 1-2 in the finals is not what Bronny signed up for... :sadbron:
Good question!! I don't think he should be on the hot seat if the Heat lose!! The guy isn't a bad coach. He is young and learning. The problem is, Popovich is a future hall of famer and the best coach in the game.

It's not right to expect Spo to be able to match him adjustment for adjustment. Miami was expected to win this series because of their talent, not their coach. It's been said all along that the Spurs coach is what gave them a chance.

Biggest difference in the series so far is Spo may one day reach Popovich's level, but he's just not there yet!!

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question!! I don't think he should be on the hot seat if the Heat lose!! The guy isn't a bad coach. He is young and learning. The problem is, Popovich is a future hall of famer and the best coach in the game.

It's not right to expect Spo to be able to match him adjustment for adjustment. Miami was expected to win this series because of their talent, not their coach. It's been said all along that the Spurs coach is what gave them a chance.

Biggest difference in the series so far is Spo may one day reach Popovich's level, but he's just not there yet!!

I agree, but there are only 2 options... Either the players need to go or the coach... That's what the NBA has come to... Spo is doing a pretty good job but as you pointed out, Pop is as big a reason for the Spurs success as the players... Brons gonna need somebody to blame for this HUGE drop off to his game... I think Spo may take the heat...:violin:

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron needs more help from his teammates. Wade 25, Bosh 16, Allen 21..Not enough.

How many Superstars does Lebron need? LOL.....

Maybe Mia needs to sign Durant next year in order for him to finally win a legit ring. LOl...

Or maybe Durant and blake Griffin...LOL

Peace!!1

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Heat fans are heavily using the referee excuse for losing last night. Apparently, if not for the referees, the Heat would have won. So, the Heat lost...

Game 1: Fatigue from a demanding 7-game series with Indiana.

Game 2: The Heat players didn't try hard.

Game 3: The referees.

No credit for the Spurs?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Heat fans are heavily using the referee excuse for losing last night. Apparently, if not for the referees, the Heat would have won. So, the Heat lost...

Game 1: Fatigue from a demanding 7-game series with Indiana.

Game 2: The Heat players didn't try hard.

Game 3: The referees.

No credit for the Spurs?

What I have found ironic is the number of Heat "fans" who have declared this series over both times the Heat have won a game.

They remind me of the Heat Haters who did the same thing every time the Pacers won a game in the ECF.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I at least hope this series dispel some of the SPURS myths.

The SPURS are not a bunch of boring old guys who play plodding half court offense.
They do that because they can and sometimes need to do so.

At their heart, they are a surgically efficient lightning quick offense that can score 20 in a blink.
They are far better when the offense is humming at peak speed.

The SPURS are a much faster offense. Miami doesn't want to let the Spurs O get tempo.

The HEAT are a much faster defense. San Antonio doesn't want to let the Miami D get tempo.

Last night the SPURS turned the offensive speed dial to "11" and dared the HEAT to keep up.

It would not be a shock to seem Miami be the ones to slow it down to a grinder in game 6.
They are performing better in half court sets where they can enforce their defensive will.

I can see Miami winning an 81-69 slugfest in game 6.
I think they would be better at that type of game.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Spurs deserve a lot of credit, just not as much as the Heat with their shitty perimeter defense and lack of effort. Every time they go down the court and jack an 18 foot 2 with out a pass like WTF wade? WTF LBJ? you fucking fucks of stupid selfish fucking hero ball.

The ridiculous refs deserve a little too. The refs called the Heat for every thing last night, which whatever. What was more damning was the missed calls when they heat closed the gap for the final time. That was when the Heat gave up for the final time. It should not have been the straw on the camel's back but it kind of was. That is not the refs fault, the Heat should want this a whole lot more than they do.

The Spurs get a lot of credit for shooting amazing from down town, hitting everything it seemed whether there was a hand in their face and it was 26 foot away or not did not seem to matter on whether the shot was going in. They also had some great passes down low.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:Funny though because the guys broadcasting the game were saying what a wonderful job the refs did. That was when they thought the Heat was about to take over the game and win though

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Spurs deserve a lot of credit, just not as much as the Heat with their shitty perimeter defense and lack of effort. Every time they go down the court and jack an 18 foot 2 with out a pass like WTF wade? WTF LBJ? you fucking fucks of stupid selfish fucking hero ball.

The ridiculous refs deserve a little too. The refs called the Heat for every thing last night, which whatever. What was more damning was the missed calls when they heat closed the gap for the final time. That was when the Heat gave up for the final time. It should not have been the straw on the camel's back but it kind of was. That is not the refs fault, the Heat should want this a whole lot more than they do.

The Spurs get a lot of credit for shooting amazing from down town, hitting everything it seemed whether there was a hand in their face and it was 26 foot away or not did not seem to matter on whether the shot was going in. They also had some great passes down low.

:agree:

The refs also cheated the Lakers... Stern wants the the Spurs to win!!! :sadbron:

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So punchline is going to miss the party tomorrow night when the heat get eliminated? iNACTIVE? i missed that.

Where is turnip? and the blackhead pupil ?

Thats why FLAUGE and BOTSLAYER are cool in my book.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo stayed his ass at home last night.

That's why the Spurs won.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So punchline is going to miss the party tomorrow night when the heat get eliminated? iNACTIVE? i missed that.

The Dumb Disciple guy was making racist statements, so he might be gone

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dumb Disciple guy was making racist statements, so he might be gone

He's not Inactive like Burger King ...

he's just hiding after his grand statement that the Heat would not lose another game blew up in his face last night.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK got the boot...? Musta been a bad night... :sadbron:

RedRum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK got the boot...? Musta been a bad night... :sadbron:
YEP..a bad night for all heat related things

heat-crying.jpg

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo stayed his ass at home last night.

That's why the Spurs won.

I heard the Heat's adjustments so far are Wade and LBJ are in teammate timeout and Romo is being flown in to sit behind the Spurs Bench. Jessica Simpson has agreed to sit next to him but Romo is unaware of this.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

punchline's inactive? hell, he was one of the Heat fans that bothered me the LEAST...

now Turnip needs to left out for the Tuesday morning trash pick-up(and door_prize right alongside him). but then the Heat losing seems to have kept THAT craven little coward quiet for a while...

course he'll be back with more crap trying to put down the haters. the clown's as predictable as sunrise...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

The refs also cheated the Lakers... Stern wants the the Spurs to win!!! :sadbron:

I believe it is fixed, but the Lakers still couldn't win :D

Just like NFL. Ray Lewis announces he will retire and he wins a ship...coincidence, I think not!

RedRum

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now Turnip needs to left out for the Tuesday morning trash pick-up(and door_prize right alongside him). but then the Heat losing seems to have kept THAT craven little coward quiet for a while...

course he'll be back with more crap trying to put down the haters. the clown's as predictable as sunrise...

As predictable as diarrhea in an all you can eat Mexican seafood buffett down in TJ.