• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sproles to Philly

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love when sensitive guy gets all defensive to protect his teams honor. Relax man, I was just giving my opinion. The original point wasn't about Sproles build and style. It was about a teams decision to take a 30 year old small running back over the potential of a younger guy in the mid to late rounds. Personally, I would rather take a shot at the younger guy because the NFL is a young mans league.

You can't dispute the fact that since 2011, Sproles production has dropped. And yes he has A LOT of mileage. Last year alone he was on the field for over 450 snaps. He has been in the league for 9 years. The last 3 years he has been the top back in New Orleans. That's a lot of mileage for an aging running back.

This doesn't have as much to do with my team as you think. The only reason I read this thread is because it has to do with my team, but other than that, I think the argument is dumb, and that is why I defended it. I am not getting sensitive. That is just a weak backhanded attack because you have been proven wrong and resorted to saying "relax, this is just my opinion". That is fine that you rather take a chance on a young 5th round pick in hopes that he can produce anything. I would say that isn't wise since it isn't a common occurrence that 5th round picks produce greatly. I could pose the same question I did earlier with less restraints to better fit...... How many of the 34 people that had more all purpose yards than him were a 5th round pick or lower? The other part about you mentioning that is, you seem to not realize that most that Sproles is a RB that isn't the main runner, and used mainly as a 3rd down back, while I am willing to bet that most of the players above him are starting RBs/WRs that are the main focus of the team.

It is a fact that his production has declined. I also gave reasons as to why. KRs alone accounted for 800 this past year, and 600 in 2012, and I explained why that dropped. You can look for yourself. It isn't like he is returning the same amount of kicks and just not getting the yards. No one else is taking KRs from him. He just hasn't been able to. THAT IS A FACT!!! There are reasons for his production slipping that have way more to do than his "age" and "slowing down" that you keep trying to throw out there. You just want to use that and ignore the obvious.

Here is another question for you..... Do you know where he would have ranked in All Purpose Yards had he returned kicks and get the yards he used to? I will give you the answer this time so you don't have to reply and dodge it. This past year, instead of 35th, he would have been in the top 5 at least, if not 1st overall...... In 2012? Again, he would have been in the top 5. So it is clear to see that the main reason for his production numbers being down is KRs. I guess he isn't returning as many kick though because of old age and he is getting slow though, right?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. Philly has more weapons than NO? :scratch:

I could argue that with Desean, Maclin back, Ertz/Celek, LeSean McCoy. I think we have better WR and RBs and NO has the best receiving TE in the game. We just dont have Brees.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could argue that with Desean, Maclin back, Ertz/Celek, LeSean McCoy. I think we have better WR and RBs and NO has the best receiving TE in the game. We just dont have Brees.

NO just lost Lance Moore and Sproles, but as long as they have Jimmy Graham, their stud WR, and Brees, they will still be just fine. Now they actually have a defense. Still a scary team. That being said, I cannot wait to see Sproles tear his former team up if and when we play the Saints.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't have as much to do with my team as you think. The only reason I read this thread is because it has to do with my team, but other than that, I think the argument is dumb, and that is why I defended it. I am not getting sensitive. That is just a weak backhanded attack because you have been proven wrong and resorted to saying "relax, this is just my opinion". That is fine that you rather take a chance on a young 5th round pick in hopes that he can produce anything. I would say that isn't wise since it isn't a common occurrence that 5th round picks produce greatly. I could pose the same question I did earlier with less restraints to better fit...... How many of the 34 people that had more all purpose yards than him were a 5th round pick or lower? The other part about you mentioning that is, you seem to not realize that most that Sproles is a RB that isn't the main runner, and used mainly as a 3rd down back, while I am willing to bet that most of the players above him are starting RBs/WRs that are the main focus of the team.

It is a fact that his production has declined. I also gave reasons as to why. KRs alone accounted for 800 this past year, and 600 in 2012, and I explained why that dropped. You can look for yourself. It isn't like he is returning the same amount of kicks and just not getting the yards. No one else is taking KRs from him. He just hasn't been able to. THAT IS A FACT!!! There are reasons for his production slipping that have way more to do than his "age" and "slowing down" that you keep trying to throw out there. You just want to use that and ignore the obvious.

Here is another question for you..... Do you know where he would have ranked in All Purpose Yards had he returned kicks and get the yards he used to? I will give you the answer this time so you don't have to reply and dodge it. This past year, instead of 35th, he would have been in the top 5 at least, if not 1st overall...... In 2012? Again, he would have been in the top 5. So it is clear to see that the main reason for his production numbers being down is KRs. I guess he isn't returning as many kick though because of old age and he is getting slow though, right?

Proven wrong? Please explain how my opinion could possibly be wrong when the season hasn't even started. I understand you desperately want this move to work out because you are a fan. And I have never said at one point it was a bad move. It may be a great move. I simply stated I would rather take a shot on a young back in the mid to late rounds than give up a 5th round draft pick for a running back over 30. I think it would be wise to wait for the season to start before we start saying ones opinion is "proven wrong".

Again, relax. If it makes you feel any better, I will say his declining production has nothing to do with his age.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proven wrong? Please explain how my opinion could possibly be wrong when the season hasn't even started. I understand you desperately want this move to work out because you are a fan. And I have never said at one point it was a bad move. It may be a great move. I simply stated I would rather take a shot on a young back in the mid to late rounds than give up a 5th round draft pick for a running back over 30. I think it would be wise to wait for the season to start before we start saying ones opinion is "proven wrong".

Again, relax. If it makes you feel any better, I will say his declining production has nothing to do with his age.
Basically, the Eagles gave up Isaac Sopoaga and a 6th for Sproles. Plus their commitment to him is minimal. If he doesn't work out, they just cut him with no great loss.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, the Eagles gave up Isaac Sopoaga and a 6th for Sproles. Plus their commitment to him is minimal. If he doesn't work out, they just cut him with no great loss.

Totally agree. The only thing they potentially miss out on is finding a "diamond in the rough" like many teams have done with mid to late round draft picks. Regardless, the Eagles commitment minimal. This move will not put the team in a compromizing financial position.

milker2324

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For every diamond in the rough, there are tons of players that are either not on a team, non-factors, practice squad, or not in the league. This is a proven player. Whether or not he is regressing (there were factors against him not within his control), he can still be a huge factor.

He can help on both kickoff and punt returns, whether he takes over for dj, cuts down on djax's returns, or shares the load. On offense he can be used anywhere. He can lineup in the backfield (one or rare two back sets), he is an average blocker (better than most of the big name rb's), he can play in the slot, or stack out wide behind a wr. He still burned safeties and LB's last year in a "regressing year". He wasnt credited with a single dropped pass either. If any of the rbs or wrs get injured, he is a great replacement in 3+ wide sets or as a change of pace back. If shady were to get hurt, i dont want brown or polk in certain situations. No matter how you slice it, he is a match-up nightmare, whether he is regressing or not.