• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2012

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. It was almost painful watching him lumber down the first base line on his two groundouts. He clearly is not right.

Alarm.gif

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panda with the walk off bomb....gotta love that.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. It was almost painful watching him lumber down the first base line on his two groundouts. He clearly is not right.

You are telling me you are worried more about a guy who has actually played multiple games (including a full 7 innings today), had great AB's and has CLEARLY had mobility than a guy who can't even throw the ball to first yet?

Okay I'll stop guys...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's game was much better than the last 2, actually resembled real baseball. I was sitting 5 rows up behind home plate, right next to the scouts. Pat was there, so I went over and talked to him a bit.

I asked him what they had him doing and he replied "They are keeping me behind this screen so I don't bother the players much... especially Aubrey" (he laughed).

In the 9th inning, Burrell told Pablo to finish it and Pablo nudged towards RF. Pablo ended up hitting the homer to right-center field, Pat said something like "atta boy"

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the game today with my son. Watched from the outfield grass in right center, under a shade tree. Didn't really need it today, the weather was beautiful, about 75 degrees, and breezy. Thoughts on the game:

Nate dropped a fly to deep right that was scored a double. He should have had it. He also stuck out swinging with the bases loaded and two outs in the 1st. Looked like a back foot slider.

Melky drilled a triple to right center, and looked solid at the plate.

Pagan looked lost at the plate, but made a terrific diving catch of a liner to center.

Posey drilled a double to seep center. He looked good behind the plate and running the bases. When he emerged from the dugout about 30 minutes before the game to warm up Song, Posey got a long and boisterous standing "O". He is clearly a fan favorite, and why not? The fan support has got to help him, right?

Song pitched well, considering it was his first of the spring, pitching 2 2/3 innings, giving up a run, striking out two. Theriot had a pickoff throw at second hit him in the face, and he left the game.

Arias did a fine job replacing Theriot, both on the field and at bat. He drove in the tying run in the 8th, singling with Panda on 3rd and two outs. Hey Nate, you watching, buddy?

Huff made a wonderful play, catching a popup down the line with his back to the infield. His at bats were less than inspiring, though he did draw a walk.

Pill made a nice diving grab of a liner for an out, and almost doubled up the runner on 2nd.

Panda hit some rockets today, including a hard single up the middle, a double, and the game winning walk off. Nicely done!

Until the 8th inning, the offense looked like 2011 all over again. No running. No hitting. Sharp pitching.

No news yet, that I know of, on Theriot.

Pitching as a whole only gave up one walk, and was solid throughout.

Now at Sky Harbor, awaiting a flight back home with my son, a soon to be UCLA grad in June. Hoping this is not our last Spring Training trip, this has been fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You are telling me you are worried more about a guy who has actually played multiple games (including a full 7 innings today), had great AB's and has CLEARLY had mobility than a guy who can't even throw the ball to first yet?

Okay I'll stop guys...

Bro, it's Fud, don't sweat it

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been banned already. I am not deleting the posts like we usually do, since there has actually been quotes to them.

Just ignore him, guys. GP, Colin and myself are pretty quick at knocking him down when he pops his head up.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the game today with my son. Watched from the outfield grass in right center, under a shade tree. Didn't really need it today, the weather was beautiful, about 75 degrees, and breezy. Thoughts on the game:

Nate dropped a fly to deep right that was scored a double. He should have had it. He also stuck out swinging with the bases loaded and two outs in the 1st. Looked like a back foot slider.

Melky drilled a triple to right center, and looked solid at the plate.

Pagan looked lost at the plate, but made a terrific diving catch of a liner to center.

Posey drilled a double to seep center. He looked good behind the plate and running the bases. When he emerged from the dugout about 30 minutes before the game to warm up Song, Posey got a long and boisterous standing "O". He is clearly a fan favorite, and why not? The fan support has got to help him, right?

Song pitched well, considering it was his first of the spring, pitching 2 2/3 innings, giving up a run, striking out two. Theriot had a pickoff throw at second hit him in the face, and he left the game.

Arias did a fine job replacing Theriot, both on the field and at bat. He drove in the tying run in the 8th, singling with Panda on 3rd and two outs. Hey Nate, you watching, buddy?

Huff made a wonderful play, catching a popup down the line with his back to the infield. His at bats were less than inspiring, though he did draw a walk.

Pill made a nice diving grab of a liner for an out, and almost doubled up the runner on 2nd.

Panda hit some rockets today, including a hard single up the middle, a double, and the game winning walk off. Nicely done!

Until the 8th inning, the offense looked like 2011 all over again. No running. No hitting. Sharp pitching.

No news yet, that I know of, on Theriot.

Pitching as a whole only gave up one walk, and was solid throughout.

Now at Sky Harbor, awaiting a flight back home with my son, a soon to be UCLA grad in June. Hoping this is not our last Spring Training trip, this has been fun.

Did you happen to see Butler's bitching in the first? He wouldn't stop complaining a strike call. People were giving him shit the rest of the game.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I gathered listening to the game, neither "double" against Vogey was legit. Nate dropped one he should have caught and Pagan misplayed what would have been a nice catch into a complete whiff.

60-70 pitches next time and he'll be on track for April 15 vs. the Bucs.

I'm glad a couple of you guys got to go this weekend, but I'm ready for ST to be over.

Oh, and FUCK Nolan, the fucking turd.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you happen to see Butler's bitching in the first? He wouldn't stop complaining a strike call. People were giving him shit the rest of the game.

Yes, I saw that, and even my son commented on it. Butler stood at home plate for a good long time after being rung up. And then, the bat boy came to get his bat and helmet, and Butler header to first to don his glove and hat, and he stopped for a "chat" with the home plate umpire. The ump looked like he was pretty close to sending him to the showers. Shoulda done it. It's Spring Training for umps as well.

BTW, from where I was sitting in CF, the pitch was a strike, and Butler had nothing to bitch about.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From what I gathered listening to the game, neither "double" against Vogey was legit. Nate dropped one he should have caught and Pagan misplayed what would have been a nice catch into a complete whiff.

60-70 pitches next time and he'll be on track for April 15 vs. the Bucs.

I'm glad a couple of you guys got to go this weekend, but I'm ready for ST to be over.

Oh, and FUCK Nolan, the fucking turd.

FUDsense has been on the MLB under the name TM1MITW, posting the exact same boo hooing. Except they don't ban him on sight, so he gets to complain about Poseys ankle till he turns blue in the face.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUDsense has been on the MLB under the name TM1MITW, posting the exact same boo hooing. Except they don't ban him on sight, so he gets to complain about Poseys ankle till he turns blue in the face.

He needs to be blue in the face from getting his ass beat.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I recently spoke to him about that, and this is what he had to say on the matter:

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
roflbot2.jpg

Oh well, I guess we don't. :finger:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of observations from today's game:

1. Posey looked fine catching back-to-back days.
2. Huff seems to be seeing the ball well.
3. Manny looked good with the glove.
4. Panda is getting locked in.
5. Pagan still is struggling; getting picked off 2b after his leadoff double was atrocious.
6. Chez3....how long will we keep him stashed in Fresno? That dude can HIT.
7. Timmy looked fine.
8. Otero...like Chez3, how long?
9. Lopez reinforced his LOOGY status.

all in all, a good game that got ugly late.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

5. Pagan still is struggling; getting picked off 2b after his leadoff double was atrocious.
7. Timmy looked fine.

Pagan took a called third strike to end the game too - with two on as well.

My impressions:

Posey looked strong in his first back to back game. Best at-bats on the team today.
Crawford is one of the best players on the roster.
Huff...every groundout to 2B is going to irritate me this year.
Burriss: looked tentative in his 9th inning RBI chance.
Pill: took ball four in the 9th, but ump decided to call it a strike. Nutted the next pitch to the warning track. Should make the team.
Timmy had a hard time finding the plate against a pitcher with no intention of swinging. Went 3-2 before a K. I guess that means he's ready.
Chez3 was locked in in his one AB.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

7. Timmy looked fine.

I'm praying we have the next Miguel Montero on our hands with this kid.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm praying we have the next Miguel Montero on our hands with this kid.

Whoa-boy...

C3PO is looking good, but he is not a star. I think his ceiling is as a lower-end starter / top-flight BU catcher.

Now that is a fine prospect, but dont get all crazy on us here...