• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2012

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok - don't get to see any ST games ... so .... is Blanco playing as well as the boxscores seem to indicate?

He looked extremely fast and took a good route to the one ball hit his way. I think he'll be the 25th guy when we head north.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so the guys I'm with really want to see the newest stadium at Salt Fields, so no Giants report as I'll be seeing Rox v. I's. Hoping for a Jamie Moyer sighting. I'm back on the stalk tomorrow when we travel to Tempe to see the lads play the Los Angeles Pooh-holes of Angleheim. The toothpick is visiting Scottsdale Stadium, to take a nap as the lads host his Reds.

I leave you with this:
Cabrera CF
F. Sanchez DH
Sandoval 3B
Posey C
Pill 1B
Huff LF
Schierholtz RF
Arias 2B
Crawford SS
Cain SP

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so the guys I'm with really want to see the newest stadium at Salt Fields, so no Giants report as I'll be seeing Rox v. I's. Hoping for a Jamie Moyer sighting. I'm back on the stalk tomorrow when we travel to Tempe to see the lads play the Los Angeles Pooh-holes of Angleheim. The toothpick is visiting Scottsdale Stadium, to take a nap as the lads host his Reds.

I leave you with this:
Cabrera CF
F. Sanchez DH
Sandoval 3B
Posey C
Pill 1B
Huff LF
Schierholtz RF
Arias 2B
Crawford SS
Cain SP

Although I much prefer the NL rules, sometimes (like this year) I waver a bit when you consider how much a DH would help our 1B logjam. Let Huff DH until we are rid of him.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Although I much prefer the NL rules, sometimes (like this year) I waver a bit when you consider how much a DH would help our 1B logjam. Let Huff DH until we are rid of him.

Great - then there will be one more position to underperform league average.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great - then there will be one more position to underperform league average.

Outstanding.

Rep.

You're going to be at filo level in no time.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that he's a long shot to make the big club at any time during his career. He's org depth at this point, but the fact remains that he can hit a little, and he is generally speaking a good defensive 3b. So, he's a longshot to make the team next year as a backup IF. IIRC, he played some 2b last year and I wouldn't be surprised if he does so again this year.

According to
Conor Gillaspie Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com

He appeared (not necessarily started) at 1B in 9 games last year , and in LF in 2. Those 11 appearances are the only games NOT played at 3B in his pro career.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have I mentioned exactly how much I love the ignore function?

1197115715156508053toplus_Police_car_alarm.svg.med.png

Last edited by a moderator:

jingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Posey return certainly was a let down. One at bat.

I beg to differ. The fact that "Posey" and "return" are being used without a negative descriptive such as "physically unable to" cannot in any way, shape or form be considered a let down.

I am looking forward to watching him play for years to come.

That is all......

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I beg to differ. The fact that "Posey" and "return" are being used without a negative descriptive such as "physically unable to" cannot in any way, shape or form be considered a let down.

I am looking forward to watching him play for years to come.

That is all......

Yes. And it really sucked when my daughter emerged from her 3 year coma yesterday. She only kept her eyes open for two minutes, and the only words she could say were, "Daddy, I love you". I could barely understand her. And her breath was bad.

What a letdown.

(All fictional, of course, but I hope you get the point.)

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for being slow, but I am missing your point.

I was agreeing with your point about Posey by amplifying it with a fictional analaogy. Sorry, too much time on my hands today. I have now ignored the alt you responded to. Repped for forgiveness.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good news:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giants | Ryan Vogelsong throws

Fri, 09 Mar 2012 09:12:45 -0800

San Francisco Giants SP Ryan Vogelsong (back) threw 25 pitches in the bullpen Thursday, March 8, for his first work off the mound since being sidelined with a strained back.

Source: MLB.com - Chris Haft

Read more: KFFL - San Francisco Giants News and Notes

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And some mostly good news:

Giants | Brian Wilson to throw five innings

Fri, 09 Mar 2012 09:12:21 -0800

San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy said RP Brian Wilson (elbow) will throw only five innings in spring action this year. He is expected to make his Cactus League debut Sunday, March 11, against the Seattle Mariners.

Read more: KFFL - San Francisco Giants News and Notes

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was agreeing with your point about Posey by amplifying it with a fictional analaogy. Sorry, too much time on my hands today. I have now ignored the alt you responded to. Repped for forgiveness.

No need for the ignore. He has been banned.

jingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fuck no I'm not! I mean yeah no he probably you know doesn't have another picture or something.

My computer must be broken. I keep hitting that virtual tour symbol at the top of the screen and I keep getting the same photo. She doesn't spin or anything. I guess I will have to suffer through looking at the same photo over and over and ...... (sorry, I started drooling).

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEVER!!!

Blasphemy!!

LOL. You're avatar is the reason why Laguna Hills avoids this site (and likely the reason why IT can't stay away).

That said, don't let any of us pressure into a Posey/baseball avatar...or even worse, a fucking cartoon. Gotta stay principled brother.