• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla's Most Storied Program Tournament - (1) Oklahoma vs (5) Nebraska

Who has a more storied program?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this as a great pairing, closer than any partisan poster is willing to recognize. Thanks again, @iowajerms, for this dead season diversion.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma in the AP Poll

Most weeks ranked at #1
Most weeks ranked in top 2
Most weeks ranked in top 5
Most weeks ranked in top 10

and congrats to Ohio State in holding down those 11-25 spots.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An Ohio State fan arguing with a Texas fan about Oklahoma because he got butthurt in the Nebraska matchup.
Only in the Off Season.
I love this place.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State's 54 and 57 split titles are poop.

OU even shared a common opponent (Cal) with Ohio State in 1954 and OU beat them worse and it was an away game while Ohio State's was @ home.

1957 was even worse, 9-1 Ohio State awarded a coaches title over 10-0 Auburn (won AP) after losing to unranked TCU.

I'd like to go on record and say Oklahoma smokes Ohio State in 1954 and 1957.

Titles were award pre-Bowls in those days. I can except that. Nothing wrong with claiming an AP or Coaches title. I have issues when AP and Coaches titles are awarded and you claim some service nobody heard about.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma in the AP Poll

Most weeks ranked at #1
Most weeks ranked in top 2
Most weeks ranked in top 5
Most weeks ranked in top 10

and congrats to Ohio State in holding down those 11-25 spots.

it is sad. I cant believe I am defending OU, but it is sadly the truth. I think there is tier 1 and that is ND, USC, OU, and Bama. People can argue over the placing inside of it, but that is the consensus.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one lie. Sorry if the rest of the world has standards. OU has more weeks at #1 - fact. I did love you calling inception as arbitrary, that was classy. No comment on the fact that OSU loses Bowl games the majority of the time?

LOL, so you added in the #1 after the fact. Nice. The way you originally posted it, yep, it was a lie. As I also mentioned, the weeks at #1 will be OSU's by mid-October, so (as a Texas fan) enjoy it while it lasts?

Also, the 1961 title was from the FWAA, one of the most historic and respected organizations in all of college football. They also are the ones who decide things like the All-American teams, as well as deciding the winners of the Nagurski, Outland, and Coach of the Year. But it doesn't count because some anonymous poster says so. :L

I honestly didn't know that 1936 was the AP Poll inception, so I admit fault there.

We do have a losing bowl record, entirely because of the 1990s when we had the worst big-game coach in the nation, John Cooper. Despite tons of All-Americans, he routinely lost to michigan and choked hardcore in bowl games. You don't normally see coaches with 111 wins in 12 years get canned, but there's a reason he was.

Anyway, facts support me. Keep on going to bat for your hated rival, and enjoy that shitty football team of yours this season.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, so you added in the #1 after the fact. Nice. The way you originally posted it, yep, it was a lie. As I also mentioned, the weeks at #1 will be OSU's by mid-October, so (as a Texas fan) enjoy it while it lasts?

Also, the 1961 title was from the FWAA, one of the most historic and respected organizations in all of college football. They also are the ones who decide things like the All-American teams, as well as deciding the winners of the Nagurski, Outland, and Coach of the Year. But it doesn't count because some anonymous poster says so. :L

I honestly didn't know that 1936 was the AP Poll inception, so I admit fault there.

We do have a losing bowl record, entirely because of the 1990s when we had the worst big-game coach in the nation, John Cooper. Despite tons of All-Americans, he routinely lost to michigan and choked hardcore in bowl games. You don't normally see coaches with 111 wins in 12 years get canned, but there's a reason he was.

Anyway, facts support me. Keep on going to bat for your hated rival, and enjoy that shitty football team of yours this season.
FUCK YEAH JOHN COOPER REFERENCE! HOLY SHITSCREAM WE WIN FOLKS! WE WIN!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That motherfucker. He was able to waste more talent than nearly any college coach I can think of.

Gets fired for never being able to beat michigan, which was ironically one of the reasons he was hired (beat them with Arizona State before coming to Ohio State).

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK. They support you and your group of 1 that thinks OSU is the greatest program ever. No need for excuses, OSU has a losing bowl record because they lost more games. Its a pretty big sample.

FWAA, nice work there. Nobody uses them or NFW that OSU uses.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes, we are only allowed to use the record of certain coaches. Cooper doesnt count for all-time records.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. They support you and your group of 1 that thinks OSU is the greatest program ever. No need for excuses, OSU has a losing bowl record because they lost more games. Its a pretty big sample.

FWAA, nice work there. Nobody uses them or NFW that OSU uses.

Except for the NCAA. Sorry bud, but the NCAA trumps you in this regard.

I never said they're the greatest program ever. I actually said I concede to USC and ND for most prestigious. Why are you making more stuff up? Is this what you do when you get flustered?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for the NCAA. Sorry bud, but the NCAA trumps you in this regard.

I never said they're the greatest program ever. I actually said I concede to USC and ND for most prestigious. Why are you making more stuff up? Is this what you do when you get flustered?

Nothing to be made up. AP and Coaches were the standard. Send me a Sports page with an article written about the FWAA championship being awarded on the front page. Did you grow up in America?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to be made up. AP and Coaches were the standard. Send me a Sports page with an article written about the FWAA championship being awarded on the front page. Did you grow up in America?
You want me to send you sports pages from back in the 1960s? Is this serious? I wasn't even alive back then.

Guess what? A shit ton of stuff has changed since then. However, the NCAA acknowledges them, so they count, like it or not.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want me to send you sports pages from back in the 1960s? Is this serious? I wasn't even alive back then.

Guess what? A shit ton of stuff has changed since then. However, the NCAA acknowledges them, so they count, like it or not.

Stop. You know you are full of crap. This is sad.

To correct my earlier post it was NFF, I think I typed NFA.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop. You know you are full of crap. This is sad.

To correct my earlier post it was NFF, I think I typed NFA.
LOL, aka "I have no way to refute what you're saying because it is absolute fact and I have no further argument."

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, aka "I have no way to refute what you're saying because it is absolute fact and I have no further argument."

Show me a national paper with NFF awards OSU the championship or any team. You are just slanted. There is a reason that the only person arguing for OSU is an OSU fan.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me a national paper with NFF awards OSU the championship or any team. You are just slanted. There is a reason that the only person arguing for OSU is an OSU fan.
See, here's the beautiful thing: I don't have to. The NCAA acknowledges them. Ohio State has 8 championships acknowledged from the NCAA and Oklahoma has 7. The fact that you're sitting here pissing and moaning about titles from 45-50 years ago on behalf of your sworn enemy is what is, in reality, truly sad.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CARTMAN2.gif