• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Top 25 Week 7 Discussion thread

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are stupid and pretend like every team is magically equal at the end of the year rather than using common sense that says - well that team may be 2-3, but they are a much better opponent than that 5-0 team.
I wouldn't even have to know 4D is a fan of a SEC team and this post would have made,that clear. Lol. 2-3 team is a better opponent than a 5-0 team.... that is why a win over 4-8 Arkansas can be a quality win at years end l and that's how MTSU is better than Minnesota. How'd that look this weekend btw?? Lol

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't even have to know 4D is a fan of a SEC team and this post would have made,that clear. Lol. 2-3 team is a better opponent than a 5-0 team.... that is why a win over 4-8 Arkansas can be a quality win at years end l and that's how MTSU is better than Minnesota. How'd that look this weekend btw?? Lol

2-3 Tennessee would have made for a better opponent vs Michigan than 5-0 Northwestern did and is likely a better team.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because SEC.

Because they have better coaching.

Because they have more talent.

Because they have more depth.

Yeah, basically because SEC.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Butch Jones is a better coach than Pat Fitzgerald? Lololololololol. Dude get fucking real

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch Jones is a better coach than Pat Fitzgerald? Lololololololol. Dude get fucking real

I can't believe nobody has taken him away from Northwestern after all these years.

:lol:

That 1-4 bowl record is impressive.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe nobody has taken him away from Northwestern after all these years.

:lol:

That 1-4 bowl record is impressive.
Fitz will never leave NW. This is probably the dumbest thing you've ever said on these boards and that is quite an accomplishment on your end considering you didn't even know what division of the big 10 Michigan is in

Last edited:

VFL1995

Vol For Eternity
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee is a better team than our record indicates, we should be a 5-1 football team right now

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz will never leave NW. This is probably the dumbest thing you've ever said on these boards and that is quite an accomplishment on your end considering you didn't even know what division of the big 10 Michigan is in

I can't imagine he would. Hard to find a team that finds multiple 5 win seasons acceptable.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee is a better team than our record indicates, we should be a 5-1 football team right now
100 percent agree. Tennessee is a good team. However the reason you guys are 3-3 instead of 5-1 is coaching, not talent. That's why I take umbrage with calling Jones a better coach than Fitz ( who has been a consistent winner at one of the toughest places in CFB to do that).

VFL1995

Vol For Eternity
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100 percent agree. Tennessee is a good team. However the reason you guys are 3-3 instead of 5-1 is coaching, not talent. That's why I take umbrage with calling Jones a better coach than Fitz ( who has been a consistent winner at one of the toughest places in CFB to do that).

I only blame him for the Oklahoma loss. The Florida loss was on the defensive coordinator imo and the secondary who couldn't cover anyone. The Arkansas game, we were flat out beat in the trenches and you can't teach size, and we couldn't execute in that game at all.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But what you don't seem to understand is that while Tennessee is 3-3 they are actually improved this year over last year. They have played the hardest part of their schedule, they probably have 1 more loss left on the season vs Alabama and other than that - they could easily win the rest of their games and finish the season 8-4.

And that is while he has had to rebuild the program over the years. I've heard directly from people in their AD that Dooley and his staff knew they were being fired the whole last year they were there. They didn't put effort into hardly anything, much less recruiting or preparing for the next year. They got screwed over hard.

Meanwhile, Fitz has been at Northwestern all those year and is coming off 2 5 win seasons now - which started in his 8th year @ Northwestern. Most coaches at competitive schools wouldn't survive the 1st 5 win season, much less the second.

Please tell me who in the fuck has ever offered Fitz a better job?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how 4D20 thinks your poll is right or not by where you place Alabama in it. 12th and above, thumbs up, lower than 12th thumbs down. Doesn't matter where any other team is.

Sorry I don't think Alabama is the best 1 loss team. The got beat by Ole Miss who got skull drug the very next week by Florida and a bad Arkansas team that took them to the 4th quarter. I have to apologize about not being that impressed and in awe of Alabama at the moment.

He puts his stamp of approval or a bullshit/facepalm on most polls without putting his own poll out. Then proceeds to come in here and tell you what you should be doing.
I think that's the definition of a whiny bitch. But we knew that already.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how 4D20 thinks your poll is right or not by where you place Alabama in it. 12th and above, thumbs up, lower than 12th thumbs down. Doesn't matter where any other team is.

Sorry I don't think Alabama is the best 1 loss team. The got beat by Ole Miss who got skull drug the very next week by Florida and a bad Arkansas team that took them to the 4th quarter. I have to apologize about not being that impressed and in awe of Alabama at the moment.

He puts his stamp of approval or a bullshit/facepalm on most polls without putting his own poll out. Then proceeds to come in here and tell you what you should be doing.
I think that's the definition of a whiny bitch. But we knew that already.

Funny how you think everything is about Alabama when in reality it had nothing to do with Alabama at all and there are multiple people who ranked Alabama up higher who didn't get up votes.

Crying because you didn't get a thumbs up from me while making up bullshit as to why - that's being a whiny bitch.

You got a facepalm for ranking Iowa #9. I've now changed it to a bullshit. Cry more.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way these things are determined is by having teams from the various conferences play one another. But this doesn't happen often enough for truly neutral observers to make a judgment.

So, we are supposed to believe this, not because top SEC teams have played top teams from other conferences on the road, but because they've played a handful of games usually at home or in nearby "neutral" sites, around 42 of the SEC's OOC schedule include FCS and group of five FBS teams (usually lower end ones), mostly at home. I guess that we should see how good the SEC is by how well, let's see, Vandy played W. Kentucky? Or how Auburn destroyed Jacksonville St.? Toledo played Arkansas? How Mizzou barely beat 0-2 Arkansas St.? Florida vs. E. Carolina? Mizzou and UConn? T Tech and Arkansas?

So I conclude that the best teams from the SEC are really good, like the best teams from other top conferences. And I conclude that the bad SEC teams aren't all that good, just like the bad teams in other conferences.

But then again, since we only have just a precious few games to go on this year, we kinda have to guess. But then again, that's what team SEC wants. They want everyone to believe the SEC is superior, well, because the SEC says so.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way these things are determined is by having teams from the various conferences play one another. But this doesn't happen often enough for truly neutral observers to make a judgment.

So, we are supposed to believe this, not because top SEC teams have played top teams from other conferences on the road, but because they've played a handful of games usually at home or in nearby "neutral" sites, around 42 of the SEC's OOC schedule include FCS and group of five FBS teams (usually lower end ones), mostly at home. I guess that we should see how good the SEC is by how well, let's see, Vandy played W. Kentucky? Or how Auburn destroyed Jacksonville St.? Toledo played Arkansas? How Mizzou barely beat 0-2 Arkansas St.? Florida vs. E. Carolina? Mizzou and UConn? T Tech and Arkansas?

So I conclude that the best teams from the SEC are really good, like the best teams from other top conferences. And I conclude that the bad SEC teams aren't all that good, just like the bad teams in other conferences.

But then again, since we only have just a precious few games to go on this year, we kinda have to guess. But then again, that's what team SEC wants. They want everyone to believe the SEC is superior, well, because the SEC says so.

Strength of schedule rankings in a way even you can understand:

BCF Toys - Chartball SOS

You see that big purple dot in the back that looks like it's circle is much bigger than those who are around them as if something is off?

That's Boise St.

See all them red dots over to the right? Those are SEC teams.

JPW_Pointing.jpg