• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sportshoopla Poll Week 12 Final Results - Top 35!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington pounded USC like a hawt little step daughter yet SC is on there and no UW.

USC beat Utah. Washington lost to a 4-6 Stanford team. There's your answer.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What don’t you like about FEI?
Serious question

I’m not sure I have a legitimate answer on the FEI.

BUT, I can tell you what I don’t like about the rankings in the link.

1. Nevada has wins over Purdue and San Diego State and they’re ranked behind 1-9 South Alabama who has a win over Jackson State

2. Louisiana Lafayette is 0-2 against top 50 teams and ranked ahead of Appalachian State who is 2-0 against top 50 with a head to head win over Louisiana Lafayette

3. I just feel like these rankings are not legitimate enough to be used when considering what’s a top 50 win and what isn’t. Unc is a top 50 win, but UVA isn’t.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington pounded USC like a hawt little step daughter yet SC is on there and no UW.

It probably has something to do with them beating Utah and playing Notre Dame close on the road. But you are right. Neither team should be ranked.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Nevada has wins over Purdue and San Diego State and they’re ranked behind 1-9 South Alabama who has a win over Jackson State

2. Louisiana Lafayette is 0-2 against top 50 teams and ranked ahead of Appalachian State who is 2-0 against top 50 with a head to head win over Louisiana Lafayette

3. I just feel like these rankings are not legitimate enough to be used when considering what’s a top 50 win and what isn’t. Unc is a top 50 win, but UVA isn’t.

Yep. Those are some pretty messed up rankings. What does FEI stand for, anyway? Feeble Expression of Incompetence?

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get ya, it's not a resume rankings. Its main purpose to rate offensive and defensive efficiency and adjust for SOS in a way. It's similar to SP+ except that's now behind ESPN+ paywall :trash:. Maybe it's not best at determining who has better wins but it has most teams where you would expect them. I mainly use it to rank borderline top 25 teams and find the 'vs 50' column convenient to see how many teams a team has played with a pulse.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get ya, it's not a resume rankings. Its main purpose to rate offensive and defensive efficiency and adjust for SOS in a way. It's similar to SP+ except that's now behind ESPN+ paywall :trash:. Maybe it's not best at determining who has better wins but it has most teams where you would expect them. I mainly use it to rank borderline top 25 teams and find the 'vs 50' column convenient to see how many teams a team has played with a pulse.
I can't get behind any set of rankings that has a 4-7 Ole Miss team ranked as a top 50 team when their only FBS wins are 2-8 Vandy, 2-8 Arkansas, and 1-9 New Mexico State, while having a 6-4 Illinois team, with a huge ranked win over #12 Wisconsin outside of the top 60. There is clearly a flaw there.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 Top 50 wins and no suspect loses
Where did we go wrong?
Miss St is 49

No one else is above 71 that i see . Im using Massey though as it averages all the polls