• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla NFL Mock Draft (Starts 3/31)

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it looks like I'm going to be the Seahawks GM for this latest SportsHoopla Mock Draft. As of right now Nucks is my assistant gm. I believe we are only required to have one assistant, but if Harold or anyone would also like to be an assistant as well we'd more than welcome you guys along.

Matter of fact, if any Seahawk poster happens to be online and sees that our pick is coming up and neither myself or any of the assistant GMs have made a pick, feel free to make the pick

Other than that, let's discuss strategy. How do you guys want to approach this draft?

Do we go best player available?

Do we go wide receiver first and offensive line second or vice versa

Or do we go offensive line for both the first two rounds?

At what point do we look towards defense? If a really good corner drops to the 2nd round do we want to consider taking one? What about a young defensive end or d-tackle?

Chime in with your opinions and list some players that you like!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be a emergency backup to you two. I'm really glad you took on the mock gm role, you do a lot of research and will be into it. I found in the last mock that time wasn't my friend.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it looks like I'm going to be the Seahawks GM for this latest SportsHoopla Mock Draft. As of right now Nucks is my assistant gm. I believe we are only required to have one assistant, but if Harold or anyone would also like to be an assistant as well we'd more than welcome you guys along.

Matter of fact, if any Seahawk poster happens to be online and sees that our pick is coming up and neither myself or any of the assistant GMs have made a pick, feel free to make the pick

Other than that, let's discuss strategy. How do you guys want to approach this draft?

Do we go best player available?

Do we go wide receiver first and offensive line second or vice versa

Or do we go offensive line for both the first two rounds?

At what point do we look towards defense? If a really good corner drops to the 2nd round do we want to consider taking one? What about a young defensive end or d-tackle?

Chime in with your opinions and list some players that you like!

If you have a list for the next pick, pm me with it and I'll pick it, if you and nuck get tied up.

coltonjg98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on research I have done, if one of the top 5-6 receivers are available, i would take them, and if not take an OL in round one. Rd 2 i would say go w/ the opposite or best player available, depending on the situation. I'd say go with a LEO first in the 4th, assuming Allen doesnt sign. The rest of the picks go depth on OL, DL, LB, CB. Thats what I would do, but I havent done much research past rd. 2.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see a top OL player fall to us as I think that is far and away the biggest area of need but I agree that it is more likely that a top WR is in the area of our draft.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my take on the wide receivers in this draft

Top 10 talent
- Sammy Watkins
- Mike Evans

The only must have first round wide receivers in my opinion, unfortunately they'll both be long gone when our pick comes around

1st round talent
- Jordan Matthews
- Brandin Cooks

I really like Jordan Matthews. He's a 6'3 wr that runs a 4.46 and has huge hands (10 3/8). Good route runner, soft hands and was very productive in college. As for Cooks, he is a very intriguing prospect with that break away speed. However, he's another short wr and we have one just as fast and much better all around in Percy Harvin

2nd round talent
- Marqise Lee
- Kelvin Benjamin
- Donte Moncrief
- Odell Beckham

Marquise Lee's measurements and combine numbers don't look overly impressive, but on tape he looks great. I like him as a possible 2nd rounder. Kelvin Benjamin is an intriguing prospect with his size but his 40 time might be a red flag for possible lack of separation in the NFL. Donte Moncrief could be a 2nd round steal. 6'2 wr that runs a 4.40. He's faster and more athletic than Jordan Matthews is but does not have the soft hands and is not as polished a route runner. Odell Beckham is very Tate like in his measurements, 40 speed and ability go up and get the ball at the highest point. A short (5'11) but bulky (198 pounds) wr with good speed (4.42) that can also provide some kick/punt returning.

3rd to 5th round talent
- Martavius Bryant
- Devante Adams
- Kevin Norwood

Bryant lit up the combine but on the field he was expected to break out and didn't. 1st round talent but 5th or 6th round type production lowers his stock. Teams may reach for him though if they fall in love with his size and speed. Davante Adams is 6'1, very athletic (39.5 vert, highest in the combine) and has soft hands. Norwood is solid option, 6'2 with 4.48 speed. He could be a good possession wr on the outside.

Late round fliers
- Bruce Ellington
- Jeff Janis
- Cody Hoffman

Ellington is a short wr with excellent speed. He's small but he plays big and in my opinion he is faster than what his 40 speed shows (4.45). Janis is a 6'3 wr with 4.42 speed...however he has very small hands and tends to drop a lot of balls. Cody Hofman. Hoffman is a very big (6'4) outside possession wr that could be a prospect worth looking at late late in the draft.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my 2 cents:

We need OL. Going with the Need and JS and PC taking small school studs. I might take the 3rd-4th McGill T if he is there in the 3rd.

Late round picks

QB:

Aaron Murray
Dave Fales
Tajh Boyd

all 3 for decent canadiates for a backup Job. I think Boyd would be a better fit becuase of his running ability

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my take on the wide receivers in this draft

Top 10 talent
- Sammy Watkins
- Mike Evans

The only must have first round wide receivers in my opinion, unfortunately they'll both be long gone when our pick comes around

1st round talent
- Jordan Matthews
- Brandin Cooks

I really like Jordan Matthews. He's a 6'3 wr that runs a 4.46 and has huge hands (10 3/8). Good route runner, soft hands and was very productive in college. As for Cooks, he is a very intriguing prospect with that break away speed. However, he's another short wr and we have one just as fast and much better all around in Percy Harvin

2nd round talent
- Marqise Lee
- Kelvin Benjamin
- Donte Moncrief
- Odell Beckham

Marquise Lee's measurements and combine numbers don't look overly impressive, but on tape he looks great. I like him as a possible 2nd rounder. Kelvin Benjamin is an intriguing prospect with his size but his 40 time might be a red flag for possible lack of separation in the NFL. Donte Moncrief could be a 2nd round steal. 6'2 wr that runs a 4.40. He's faster and more athletic than Jordan Matthews is but does not have the soft hands and is not as polished a route runner. Odell Beckham is very Tate like in his measurements, 40 speed and ability go up and get the ball at the highest point. A short (5'11) but bulky (198 pounds) wr with good speed (4.42) that can also provide some kick/punt returning.

3rd to 5th round talent
- Martavius Bryant
- Devante Adams
- Kevin Norwood

Bryant lit up the combine but on the field he was expected to break out and didn't. 1st round talent but 5th or 6th round type production lowers his stock. Teams may reach for him though if they fall in love with his size and speed. Davante Adams is 6'1, very athletic (39.5 vert, highest in the combine) and has soft hands. Norwood is solid option, 6'2 with 4.48 speed. He could be a good possession wr on the outside.

Late round fliers
- Bruce Ellington
- Jeff Janis
- Cody Hoffman

Ellington is a short wr with excellent speed. He's small but he plays big and in my opinion he is faster than what his 40 speed shows (4.45). Janis is a 6'3 wr with 4.42 speed...however he has very small hands and tends to drop a lot of balls. Cody Hofman. Hoffman is a very big (6'4) outside possession wr that could be a prospect worth looking at late late in the draft.

Some other WRs worth considering

Brandon Coleman
Jarvis Laudry
Cody Latimer

I read where the Seahawks gave Latimer a private
work out. 6'2 runs a 4.43, good blocker in the run game and wins jump balls.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are some o-line prospects that you guys like?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are some o-line prospects that you guys like?

If the Seahawks go receiver first round, I think Joel Bitonio would be worth a look round 2. Plays as tackle for Nevada. He could be a fit as right tackle.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some other WRs worth considering

Brandon Coleman
Jarvis Laudry
Cody Latimer

I read where the Seahawks gave Latimer a private
work out. 6'2 runs a 4.43, good blocker in the run game and wins jump balls.

I will butcher the spelling of his name, but what about the cat from Wisconsin, Abbrev-o2WD40-niner-something...He seems to be a poor man's Jordy Nelson to me in terms of his game. Of course, his name completely escapes me he seems like a solid pick in rounds 3-5.

I like 4 WRs in this draft not named Watkins or Evans. Cooks, Matthews, Moncrief, Lee....in that order. If the Niners could grab 1 of those guys, I'd be a happy camper.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will butcher the spelling of his name, but what about the cat from Wisconsin, Abbrev-o2WD40-niner-something...He seems to be a poor man's Jordy Nelson to me in terms of his game. Of course, his name completely escapes me he seems like a solid pick in rounds 3-5.

I like 4 WRs in this draft not named Watkins or Evans. Cooks, Matthews, Moncrief, Lee....in that order. If the Niners could grab 1 of those guys, I'd be a happy camper.

Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANy other suggestions guys. Any will help the talking process

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of a reach taking Moncrief. I had him graded as an early to mid second round pick. But with the way all the wrs were going there wasn't going to be anyone left for us when our pick came around in the second.

I thought about grabbing Yankey. I think he's really solid, but I'm not really blown away by him and I think there's better value for offensive tackle/guard still left on the board.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i thought i said in my PM "if benjerman is off the board"

Oh well. Donte is a good pick

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of a reach taking Moncrief. I had him graded as an early to mid second round pick. But with the way all the wrs were going there wasn't going to be anyone left for us when our pick came around in the second.

I thought about grabbing Yankey. I think he's really solid, but I'm not really blown away by him and I think there's better value for offensive tackle/guard still left on the board.

I dig Moncrief A LOT! I think you had him graded out correctly but you are right that the talent drops off from him given the late run on WRs at the end of that draft. There was a great chance that he's gone within the first 10 picks of round 2 if you didn't take him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moncrief highlights.

Got to admit I like . Martavis Bryant better, but everyone had Moncrief rated higher.

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the second pick options are narrowing down. You figure the Seahawks need a OL. but Su'a Filo got picked in the first,David Yancey is gone, as is Gabe Jackson.
I recommend Joel Bitonio. Nevada.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the second pick options are narrowing down. You figure the Seahawks need a OL. but Su'a Filo got picked in the first,David Yancey is gone, as is Gabe Jackson.
I recommend Joel Bitonio. Nevada.

I like Joel Bitonio too. If he's there I'll take him.