• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla NFL Mock Draft (Starts 3/31)

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far our draft looks like this

1st round - Donte Moncrief (WR - Mississippi)
2nd round - Joel Bitonio (OT - Nevada)
4th round - Will Clarke (DE - West Virginia)
5th round - Billy Turner (OT - North Dakota State)

Our most recent pick Billy Turner is a massive tackle with a huge upside. His flaws currently are his technique...but that's something that is fixable with coaching and nfl experience. You can't teach size and athleticism.

I think we could possibly convert Bitonio to guard if we feel like we have a cluster of tackles. From what I've read a lot of scouts are saying he may be a better fit at guard at the pro level anyway.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far our draft looks like this

5th round - Billy Turner (OT - North Dakota State)

Our most recent pick Billy Turner is a massive tackle with a huge upside. His flaws currently are his technique...but that's something that is fixable with coaching and nfl experience. You can't teach size and athleticism.

I think we could possibly convert Bitonio to guard if we feel like we have a cluster of tackles. From what I've read a lot of scouts are saying he may be a better fit at guard at the pro level anyway.

Well I'm hoping Bitonio could play tackle myself, seems to me a massive guy like Turner would make a great guard rather then tackle.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops looks like Turner was already taken. So I just took Jon Halapio, an offensive guard from Florida.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i also have plans to wait till 4th round and take the McGill T

Man I was gonna take him but he got taken the pick right before ours!

I remember being the GM for the first mock draft for the Eagles...there were so many gems that dropped that people didn't know about. I remember taking Jeremiah Attaochu in the 3rd or 4th round the first mock draft, this time he got taken in the 2nd.

Most of the good WRs lasted til the 2nd and 3rd. This time they were swooped up early on.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an update of our current draftees

5th round - Jon Halapio (OG - Florida)
5th round - Caraun Reid (DT - Princeton)

Who should we target in the 6th round?

I was thinking let's take a flier on an athletic specimen like Colt Lyerla (TE - Oregon)

This guy is 6'5 runs a 4.6 (I think he is capable of 4.5) has a 39 inch vert and can be a weapon at the tight end position to pair with Luke Willson.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are our final mock draft results

- Wanted to go offensive line with either Taylor Lewan, Zach Martin (OT), or Xavier Sua Filo (OG) but all were taken off the board. WR was the next priority and Jordan Matthews was my ideal target, but he was also taken off the board. Moncrief to me was a slight reach, but he was the best available wr and he gives us good size and speed.

Moncriefdeep.gif

- I really like this pick and I would love it if the Seahawks took him in our real draft. Glad he dropped to us in the 2nd otherwise I would have regretted not taking Yankey in the 1st round.

bitonio1.gif

-This guy is big (6'6), long (34 5/8 arm length), athletic, and fast (4.77 40 time). At this point he looks more like a situational pass rusher, but if he puts on more weight he could be a beast at the d-end position.

3nfqdkN.gif

5th round - Jon Halapio (OG - Florida)
- Wasn't my first choice for this pick (Laurent Duvernay-Tardif...our target was taken the pick before ours), but Halapio is a solid guard

5th round - Caraun Reid (DT - Princeton)
- An impressive and agile athlete with a high motor. Unproven against high level competition since he played for Princeton but he did well in the Senior Bowl.

[YOUTUBE]Z0-eW8wm5Ao[/YOUTUBE]

6th round - Colt Lyerla (TE - Oregon)
- A troubled individual who comes with a lot of baggage, but an incredible athlete and physical specimen that could become a weapon at the tight end position in the pros if he can turn it around.

[YOUTUBE]rS-WIRSuKvI[/YOUTUBE]

7th round - Stephen Morris (QB - Miami)
- 6'2 with a strong arm and runs a 4.61. Has trouble with consistency, footwork, and accuracy at times. Is very much a project quarterback but with a 7th round pick, why not. We can't have Tavaris forever as backup.

miami-wins-9-29-12.gif

Last edited by a moderator: