• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Draft Idea

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, having the 2016 draft class available in this might not be such a good idea. When are we looking to start this?

As soon as it fills up I'll set the draft order (randomly) and start time. I'll tag you all in the new thread once we're ready to roll.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems too time consuming for me but I'll do it anyway.

Just give me any team

Also, I'd suggest NOT doing the 2016 draft class. If you're trying to see who drafts the best teams, adding in players that haven't proven themselves (especially in what is suppose to be a shitty draft) muddies things up quite a bit.

True, since most seem to be against it I'll eliminate that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems too time consuming for me but I'll do it anyway.

Just give me any team

Also, I'd suggest NOT doing the 2016 draft class. If you're trying to see who drafts the best teams, adding in players that haven't proven themselves (especially in what is suppose to be a shitty draft) muddies things up quite a bit.
I'm in...give me the tankers(76ers)

Done and done.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, this may sound crazy… but hear me out. If we can get 30 people to participate in a 10 round draft to create 30 ten man rosters that would be pretty sweet. Each person would pick a team and make a pick for that team. The goal is to build the best team possible. It would probably take a while but seeing the end results would be awesome. We could see who would make a good GM and build a team from the bottom up.

It would basically be like an NBA replica type of deal. I'd have the draft order be a Snake Draft, so if you have the 1st pick then you'd also have the 60th pick, and if you pick 30th then you get the 31st as well.

We could vote on the best current teams, best future teams, who would make the playoffs, etc, etc. once we finish.

So here's the sign up list, let's see if we can get 30 peeps: (feel free to pick whichever team you want, even if they aren't your favorite team)

If @trojanfan12 could update the list too as we go that'd be awesome.

Suns- @Arizona_Sting
Lakers- @wlk3
Warriors- @CitySushi
Kings- @Bolts
Clippers- @Mecca
Thunder- @WiggyRuss
Jazz- @lakersrule
Wolves- @mr.hockey4242
Nuggets- @wildturkey
Blazers-
Rockets-
Spurs- @Hornsstampede2.0
Mavs-
Pelicans- @Johnnydollaz89
Grizzlies-
Knicks- @Shanemansj13
Celtics- @ChrisGar15
76ers- @ericd7633
Raptors- @tducey
Nets-
Heat- @bksballer89
Wizards- @tlance
Hornets-
Magic-
Hawks-
Pacers-
Pistons- @The Derski
Cavs- @gordontrue
Bulls- @purguy12
Bucks- @jwolt92

i'll play.

but didn't you start a weekly pickem thread this season?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll play.

but didn't you start a weekly pickem thread this season?

Yup, couldn't keep it running due to a promotion at work and I've been slammed the last couple months.

Now I have a little more free time these next couple weeks before things get hectic again and this won't take much effort as it'll basically run itself with people making their own picks.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, couldn't keep it running due to a promotion at work and I've been slammed the last couple months.

Now I have a little more free time these next couple weeks before things get hectic again and this won't take much effort as it'll basically run itself with people making their own picks.

Cool....should be fun.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more time I think its going to take. So many teams, so many players. I'll stay in for now since you need teams but if you fill all the slots and someone still wants in, I'll drop out.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more time I think its going to take. So many teams, so many players. I'll stay in for now since you need teams but if you fill all the slots and someone still wants in, I'll drop out.

Time in terms of the overall draft, yes, but time for individuals? Not so much. My guess is the entire thing takes up a few weeks but the amount of time spent by each team will be minimal, just 10 selections on 10 different occasions spread out through those few weeks.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will there be a clock for this? I'm in a hockey 1 on another board and there's clocks for everyone to make a pick. We started that on January 18th and are currently at Pick 284 of 650. We're doing 300 picks here right? So we could have this done in a month. I suggest a 6 hour time limit for someone to make a pick.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time in terms of the overall draft, yes, but time for individuals? Not so much. My guess is the entire thing takes up a few weeks but the amount of time spent by each team will be minimal, just 10 selections on 10 different occasions spread out through those few weeks.

I figure its going to be like the Mock Drafts people do here. I did one and while it was fun, it was still pretty time consuming if you take it seriously which means planning out your players and how they fit, keeping track of if other players have been picked and when they might be available. And the one I did only had like 10 or 12 teams. This one is gonna have twice that. It just got to be more than what I wanted to do deal with. I'll do it since I already committed, but if any one wants my spot, they can have it.

Though I do like GMing the Nuggets. Weed is legal out there...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will there be a clock for this? I'm in a hockey 1 on another board and there's clocks for everyone to make a pick. We started that on January 18th and are currently at Pick 284 of 650. We're doing 300 picks here right? So we could have this done in a month. I suggest a 6 hour time limit for someone to make a pick.

6 hour time limit is not enough.

I am usually pretty quick to pick in slow drafts, but you can't pick when you are asleep, and some, like me, can't access SportsHoopla from work. That creates about an 8 hour window for me each day where I could not post.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys realize we do these kinds of drafts on the hoop and have for years. After this is over I would love to have some of you join us there!

Count me in, it will be fun to do one of these and not have to run it. The team really doesn't matter to me.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 hour time limit is not enough.

I am usually pretty quick to pick in slow drafts, but you can't pick when you are asleep, and some, like me, can't access SportsHoopla from work. That creates about an 8 hour window for me each day where I could not post.

I agree. I stated above in the OP that a 24 hour time limit would exist. Obviously, it would be ideal to try to get people on in strings at a time to knock out multiple picks so it can go by much quicker than that, but not everyone will have 24/7 access to make their picks.