• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla decide my next car.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah for $17.5 I'd snap that up. Not a lot of room in the backseat though.

We stuck the kid's seat in and stuck her in there and plenty of room just because the seats aren't as deep in the middle where her feet hang down. Clever Germans.

When I hit the button and the roof broke into three pieces and slid into the trunk, she said "daddy you must buy this car."

So, I guess it's out of my hands now. And to think I really wanted to buy a Travelall:

15615ecd52f3dcfd7effbd71f5795d1e.jpg

International Harvester : Other

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We stuck the kid's seat in and stuck her in there and plenty of room just because the seats aren't as deep in the middle where her feet hang down. Clever Germans.

When I hit the button and the roof broke into three pieces and slid into the trunk, she said "daddy you must buy this car."

So, I guess it's out of my hands now. And to think I really wanted to buy a Travelall:

View attachment 78729
man, I can feel the body roll through corners just looking at that.

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go for a GMC Denali. I will send you a Texas Cattle Raisers sticker for it.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're still looking, what about a Tesla?

Probably out of the range you'd want to spend and I'm not sure of how much it would depreciate, but if it was within my means, I'd own one. Can't beat the safety ratings. Plus with your short trips, you wouldn't need to worry about finding charging stations outside of your own home.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Pinto still around :dhd:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a burgundy CTS for a couple years. Yeah, that thing was fun to drive and, yeah, I'll never own another GM after they fucked us for 47 billion taxpayer dollars to bail the union then declared bankruptcy. Fuck GM.

I'm starting to remember I end up getting whatever I get a deal on. Since I only do this every 2 or 3 years, I forget.
Today I found of those BMW 3 Series hardtop convertibles with only 24k miles. Grandma must've taken good care of it...even the window rubber gaskets look like brand new. It's literally like brand new. Because it's a 2010, I might be able to get it tomorrow for about $17,500. I might have to take this one for a couple years and then get the new Continental.

Looks like this but with normal rims:

BMW : 3-Series 335i

View attachment 78629

oh buy that and then put those wheels on it!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find one of these
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgzo6nNhl04UjCe1xf_N-02_kOsGS3vpplSFOzSVVBNzU_O5Hw.jpg
Or this
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5v_dBIr54skAf-D_RkOw0DiJ2UZVbg8HxkHQjuXLtkFT5dTceSg.jpg
You won't have to worry about $50,000 sitting in the weather or massive depreciation.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go for a GMC Denali. I will send you a Texas Cattle Raisers sticker for it.

Why not just put longhorns on the grill? I'd get a Suburban but it's a mommy car and the mommy says those are too big.

If you're still looking, what about a Tesla?

Probably out of the range you'd want to spend and I'm not sure of how much it would depreciate, but if it was within my means, I'd own one. Can't beat the safety ratings. Plus with your short trips, you wouldn't need to worry about finding charging stations outside of your own home.

The Tesla Model X is what we've determined would be perfect for the wifey when the kids no long spill milk all over and don't need to take a piss every stop in a plastic potty in the back. She drives a Toyota Sienna now and that lease will be up in 2 years...good timing for the Model X.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe an E350 Cabriolet? The back seat might be just big enough. Maybe around $20k would be depreciated enough. Mercedes-Benz® E350 Cabriolet-2011, Black

I have a 2005 S55 AMG. Fabulous car. Truly. Only had it a year but it is far and away the best car I've ever had or ever will have.

You can pick up wonderful used Benz's. Mine only had 50K miles on it.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kesey-bus.jpg

Man like you needs some leg space room AND room to haul the kids-n-gear as well. (Note: The Wrong Way sign...classic)

Not sure how that works out in the gated commune world OR next to the wifie's Audi/Lexus.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I ended up getting that hard top convertible BMW with 21k miles for $17,750. It's kind of a weird car...like they put every option ever invented into this little thing. It's just roomy enough to put the kids in the back and take 'em over the bridge to school and it handles and drives great. Top down it's a great car but top up the visibility is kinda' sucky...although as quiet as a non-convertible.

I'd give it an A for engineering and a C for not being annoying. There's too many bells, whistles, things dinging, etc etc. Maybe i'll drive it for year or so and get the new Continental.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a 5 speed 4x4 88 Toyota pickup I'll sell for 3500. The motor will outlive you and it can climb a power pole and you won't even need to lock the hubs.

I love it, but I drive my company truck most of the time and it's just sitting in the driveway and only gets drove on the weekends.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 78729

International Harvester : Other

Man, that's a blast from the past.

Back in my high school daze my best friend's dad had a dual cab International P/U with a very short bed and a 5th wheel plate. It looked pretty similar to this hauler except it was solid dark green.

6a00d83451b3c669e2016306b3475c970d-pi.jpg

Freakin truck was a boat and with a 392c.i. V-8, massive dbl pump Holley carb and a 6 speed tranny it had some serious scrotum.

No bullshit on this part; my buddy went to NE Dragway one Sunday morning and signed up for the amateur hour shit they did back then (1978). The folks at the track looked at the truck and had no idea what class to put him in.

Turns out they had him race in the same class as the late model Camaros, Chevelles, Lemans etc. He proceeds to dust the entire class of mid 70's Detroit junk with his old mans 6,000lb towing rig and takes home a trophy and a couple hundred bucks.

Best part is that he left the track in Epping, NH without cleaning the soap writing (class, ET etc) off the windshield and headed south to Boston with his girlie to celebrate and he got stopped by the MA State Police on Rte 95 for driving with an obstructed view. The fine ate up a bunch of his winnings and when his old man's insurance agent called to see what was up with the ticket and points he got his ass chewed out something fierce.

I'm bumming I missed that adventure :nod:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that's a blast from the past.

Back in my high school daze my best friend's dad had a dual cab International P/U with a very short bed and a 5th wheel plate. It looked pretty similar to this hauler except it was solid dark green.

View attachment 83247

Freakin truck was a boat and with a 392c.i. V-8, massive dbl pump Holley carb and a 6 speed tranny it had some serious scrotum.

No bullshit on this part; my buddy went to NE Dragway one Sunday morning and signed up for the amateur hour shit they did back then (1978). The folks at the track looked at the truck and had no idea what class to put him in.

Turns out they had him race in the same class as the late model Camaros, Chevelles, Lemans etc. He proceeds to dust the entire class of mid 70's Detroit junk with his old mans 6,000lb towing rig and takes home a trophy and a couple hundred bucks.

Best part is that he left the track in Epping, NH without cleaning the soap writing (class, ET etc) off the windshield and headed south to Boston with his girlie to celebrate and he got stopped by the MA State Police on Rte 95 for driving with an obstructed view. The fine ate up a bunch of his winnings and when his old man's insurance agent called to see what was up with the ticket and points he got his ass chewed out something fierce.

I'm bumming I missed that adventure :nod:

Yeah, my dad had one like I posted when I was in grade school. He kept both gas tanks full for weight in the winter and no matter how deep the snow that thing would just blast right through. It had the pickup gate I really liked with the Wagoneer with a roll-down window.
It's too bad these aren't really around rust-free like you can find Wagoneers. I guess they were mostly in the Midwest with salty roads.

Here's John Wayne's: John Wayne’s “War Wagon” IH Travelall heads to auction | Hemmings Daily

shapeimage_1.png

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my dad had one like I posted when I was in grade school. He kept both gas tanks full for weight in the winter and no matter how deep the snow that thing would just blast right through. It had the pickup gate I really liked with the Wagoneer with a roll-down window.
It's too bad these aren't really around rust-free like you can find Wagoneers. I guess they were mostly in the Midwest with salty roads.

Here's John Wayne's: John Wayne’s “War Wagon” IH Travelall heads to auction | Hemmings Daily

View attachment 83260

That's a cool looking rig and I can assure you that you will not find a rust free International (or a Wagoneer)
or a Wagoneer
or a Wagoneer)
from that era in any part of New England unless a big dollar restoration has been done.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was buying something for short drives and hoping for something that's gonna just work and not lose money, I'd buy one of these:

1st_Mercedes-Benz_CLK_convertible.jpg

Mercedes CLK. Great to drive, can be had for between 10 and 20 grand depending on condition and the collector market is starting to pay attention to them, so values will go up. Decent rear seat space and if you are religious about scheduled maintenance (oil changes on time, always use recommended octane fuel) it will go forever.

Plus, it's a beautiful car to be seen in, out in the Florida sun.

Like you, I have to have a back seat. If I didn't, Id already have this:
dscn0354.jpg

Or this:
2000-porsche-boxster-3.jpg

Porsches are finicky though. LOT of maintenance.