• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla decide my next car.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caddys depreciate fast as hell the first 3 years. Well, so does the 3 series BMW. But old farts buy the CTS and ATS. Personally, I'd try to find one for sale a couple years old after being driven by a geezer. It'll be like new and half price.

I bought my S55 AMG at 10 years old, only 50K miles on it and it is cherry. Immaculate.

Will never buy another new car unless I win a lottery (and maybe not even then).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from a Beetle, I've only owned 1 2 door, a TBird Super Coupe. Much prefer 4 doors.

As long as we have one 4 dr car, I'm okay, but I'm getting more selfish as the yrs go by and 98% of the time I get in the car, I'm the only one in it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought my S55 AMG at 10 years old, only 50K miles on it and it is cherry. Immaculate.

Will never buy another new car unless I win a lottery (and maybe not even then).

I'll bet it was...they hold up well.

Big boy with the AMG pkg, huh...my brother in law has a silver s-class AMG sedan as well...nice car, also bought it used I think he bought a 3 yr old '12 model yr.

That C63 AMG I wouldn't mind...damn near any AMG benz will do, but I'm like you I don't need it new. I was more serious LY actually and went to the BMW dealer...the sales guy said 80% of the new car deals he writes are leased, but the best purchase deals are always coming off a 2 yr lease b/c you pick up the remaining 2 yrs and you can add a yr warranty if you want to protect your out of pocket cost a little longer without breaking the bank.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we have one 4 dr car, I'm okay, but I'm getting more selfish as the yrs go by and 98% of the time I get in the car, I'm the only one in it.

We have 3 and all are 4 doors. Aside from my daily 100 mile round trip commute I'm usually not alone. For that I have a 2001 4 dr A4.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet it was...they hold up well.

Big boy with the AMG pkg, huh...my brother in law has a silver s-class AMG sedan as well...nice car, also bought it used I think he bought a 3 yr old '12 model yr.

That C63 AMG I wouldn't mind...damn near any AMG benz will do, but I'm like you I don't need it new. I was more serious LY actually and went to the BMW dealer...the sales guy said 80% of the new car deals he writes are leased, but the best purchase deals are always coming off a 2 yr lease b/c you pick up the remaining 2 yrs and you can add a yr warranty if you want to protect your out of pocket cost a little longer without breaking the bank.

I was able to get a warranty on both the AMG and the A4. Didn't cover everything but most big things.

I've never felt so special driving as I do in the S55. For a big car it is very nimble and smooth as it has "active" suspension. Huge 8 piston front brakes, 4 piston in the rear so it stops like a pro. And for a 4,000 lb car, it's 500 HPs give it some serious get up and go.

And I was always a manual tranny kind of guy which is why I had my SHO. But both my Germans are slushos.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 3 and all are 4 doors. Aside from my daily 100 mile round trip commute I'm usually not alone. For that I have a 2001 4 dr A4.

The wife and I will go places together on weekends, but I haven't had a person in the back seat of my car in a while...maybe twice in the last 2 yrs....picking up family from the airport, maybe we become grandparents one day, etc...a 4 door car does have some value, but not enough for us both to have one...lol.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife and I will go places together on weekends, but I haven't had a person in the back seat of my car in a while...maybe twice in the last 2 yrs....picking up family from the airport, maybe we become grandparents one day, etc...a 4 door car does have some value, but not enough for us both to have one...lol.

34 year old epileptic son lives with us. Not going anywhere soon.

He lives vicariously through my zippy driving... He loves cars.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34 year old epileptic son lives with us. Not going anywhere soon.

He lives vicariously through my zippy driving... He loves cars.

Noted...two nice cars to zip around in...my father in law once owned an older S430 (mid 90s) and he drive it hard.

We look like the silver car family...my mother in law lives with us (and we actually get along well...lol) she has a '15 Silver Accord, my daughter doesn't live with us but she has a '12 Silver Civic....my son finally broke the color scheme with is black '13 Civic.