• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spezza's future with Senators in question

MM213

Медведей не кормить
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's all Yashin's fault :)
Remember, Spezza (or draft pick becoming Spezza) was obtained by Sens in Yashin's trade to Islanders?

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
send him to philly for hartnell.

I can see Homer now:

"Must...keep...straight ...face. Must...not...blow..deal."

It sucks that Spezza's getting scapegoated. But whether it's Philly or Ottawa, it's no surprise when the media is ginning something up. A lot of guys figure that their job is to sell papers. And nothing sells like controversy. So, if there isn't a genuine controversy to be had, some reporters (not all of them, but enough of them) will look to create some. Then the players get upset and stop talking, which just gives reporters all the more reason to speculate more and more in their stories. It's a nasty cycle.

NJDevils_30

600+ Marty!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Spezza did have a superb second half Urk. He's one of the last in Ott that should be booed....If the fans are going to boo.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Spezza did have a superb second half Urk. He's one of the last in Ott that should be booed....If the fans are going to boo.

I don't think any individual player should have been booed. The entire team put up a good effort against the Pens and it just wasn't quite enough.

In the end Elliott probably wasn't good enough and Crosby played awesome. That's the difference in the series I think. Not Spezza's one turnover in game 4 or whatever...

I swear though. If the guys name wasn't Jason Spezza then people would love him. It's just, he's got the reputation of being a guy who turns the puck over a lot and being piss poor defensively. This year though, I saw a new Jason Spezza and in the playoffs I actually thought he was pretty good. To expect him to equal Crosby was just unrealistic though and it seems like that's where it came from this time.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens'll take him. We'll give you Fedotenko.

=)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These "Isolated incidents of unhappy individuals" are just a little too.... coincidental.

Figures. For the first time in a long time, I cannot point to anyone (not even the Swedish meatball) that I was disappointed with after the loss to the Pens. The kids showed heart, the Goalies fought (LeClarie friggin blew me away) the vets played solid and filled the gaps...

There was abso-fucking-lutely no reason to hang heads after that handshake. Yeah, maybe after game three, but they fought back. This team FINALLY shows me what I wanted them to show me and it's not enough for everyone else.

I am placing my order online right now for a Heatley Sharks jersey. Dude is not a bum. He's a fucking Prophet. Trade Spezza there, I don't care for who. Let these two finish what they started.

Or send Spezza to wherever Stevie Yzerman goes. He deserves so much more than Ottawa. Fucking all of them do.

Send Regin to Columbus. Volchenkov too. Release them. Look what that did for Vermette

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
These "Isolated incidents of unhappy individuals" are just a little too.... coincidental.

Figures. For the first time in a long time, I cannot point to anyone (not even the Swedish meatball) that I was disappointed with after the loss to the Pens. The kids showed heart, the Goalies fought (LeClarie friggin blew me away) the vets played solid and filled the gaps...

There was abso-fucking-lutely no reason to hang heads after that handshake. Yeah, maybe after game three, but they fought back. This team FINALLY shows me what I wanted them to show me and it's not enough for everyone else.

I am placing my order online right now for a Heatley Sharks jersey. Dude is not a bum. He's a fucking Prophet. Trade Spezza there, I don't care for who. Let these two finish what they started.

Or send Spezza to wherever Stevie Yzerman goes. He deserves so much more than Ottawa. Fucking all of them do.

Send Regin to Columbus. Volchenkov too. Release them. Look what that did for Vermette

You know who I point to once again Forty?

The fans and the media....that's the reason. Why the fuck do they boo star players all the time? Why do journalists like Bruce Garrioch and Don Brennan have to start a controversy in every single article they write? I can see it coming. Ottawa is going to turn into Edmonton version 2 and nobody is going to want to play there.

As I said. I'm fucking tired of this bullshit. Unlike other Sens fans I respect all the players on the team and I'm not looking to pin the blame on one player unless it's blatantly obvious. They lost as a team, they put up a valiant effort against the defending champs and it just wasn't enough.

But no....lets just blame Spezza again. It only seems logical. :rolleyes:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to hockey in Canada folks. Spezza knows that this is what hockey fans in Canada are like.

First of all I think Spezza being unhappy is BS. I'm not saying he won't be traded, but I don't think he wants out.

Second, if he does....Fans pay for their tickets and as a guy who makes $7M/year, Spezza has to understand that unless he plays like a star he will might get booed. The last two years he has been wildly inconsistent. I honestly think he is trying to become a better player, but he needs to keep his play simple to be effective.

Until I hear from his mouth that he wants out, I won't believe it. If he DOES get traded it has to be for a a number 1 or number 1A type of center (prospect or player).

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL.... turning on a team for some "rumblings"?

That might be a little harsh.

Other than that and defending Dany Heatlety, I agree with the whole post. :-)

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Welcome to hockey in Canada folks. Spezza knows that this is what hockey fans in Canada are like.

First of all I think Spezza being unhappy is BS. I'm not saying he won't be traded, but I don't think he wants out.

Second, if he does....Fans pay for their tickets and as a guy who makes $7M/year, Spezza has to understand that unless he plays like a star he will might get booed. The last two years he has been wildly inconsistent. I honestly think he is trying to become a better player, but he needs to keep his play simple to be effective.

Until I hear from his mouth that he wants out, I won't believe it. If he DOES get traded it has to be for a a number 1 or number 1A type of center (prospect or player).

I still don't think it's right to boo a guy during a home game though. Sure, could Spezza have been better? Yes but it's not like he was at fault for the loss to the Pens and you'd have to be an idiot to completely ignore his incredible second half of the season. He proved he doesn't need a Dany Heatley as one of his wingers to produce.

Is it okay to question Spezza and his ability to lead this team to a championship? Sure but it's not right to boo him on home ice. Plus, who are we going to get that's honestly better then Jason Spezza at this point in time? Just some food for thought.

And the reason for the rumblings is because Murray went on Ottawa radio and said Jason was upset with being booed on home ice. That started the rumblings and then there were a couple other outlets that said he may have asked to be traded. Now, I'm not going to believe these rumblings until I get proof from a reliable source but it does make you wonder.

Last edited by a moderator:

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll trade you Zubrus, Rolston and Pandolfo for Spezza!

Lou authorized me to speak for him on this one.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the reason for the rumblings is because Murray went on Ottawa radio and said Jason was upset with being booed on home ice.

RageGuy.jpg