• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spezza's future with Senators in question

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's been a lot of rumblings that Spezza is unhappy with the way he got scapegoated and blamed for the loss to the Pens. Plus he's mad about how the fans booed him in Ottawa. The reason this comes now though, is because Spezza has a NTC that kicks in on July 1st.

Some people may not be familar with it but Spezza has been a lightning rod for criticism over the years and he's been cool with it. However, this year he was a huge reason that the team made it back into the playoffs and he had an outstanding second half of the season. I just don't get the fans sometimes. If you want another star player to leave then lets just piss another one off...

I'll tell you this. If Spezza does ask for a trade or gets traded I've had it with this fucking bullshit. Forty will agree I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

sTyLnK

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ottawa is turning into EDM. No one wants to play there! I kid i kid...

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't understand why people boo their own players.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't understand why people boo their own players.

It's Ottawa, what else is new...lol

There always has to be a scapegoat.

First it was Yashin (rightfully so, can't really fault that one)
Then it was Alfredsson
Then it was Lalime
Then it was Alfredsson again
Then it was Redden
Then it was Heatley
Now it's Spezza

It's sickening to say the least. Spezza had 7 points in 6 games yet all he's remembered for is Crosby dancing with him and the one turnover in game 4. Last time I checked those 2 incidents didn't cost the Sens the series.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
spezza reminds me of the t1000 from terminator 2. i have no idea why anyone would boo him when he played pretty well. as for the crosby thing, it was overhyped. giroux did the same thing to gonchar short handed last year. the only time i boo is when the team just looks like they are not trying at all.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the ottowa media really has to look themselves in the mirror and seriously ask if they are getting a bit too big in their britches (is that a real saying?).

when 1 player gets run out of town, ok, it happens sometimes. when the 2nd player gets run out of town, maybe a coincidence. when the 3rd player gets run out of town, that's a trend. you start to wonder if the players ever were really at fault.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe it's not just the media. management has to be scrutinized as well.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this is why i got mad at the philly media people this season. they would not let the richards thing go and i really do not want media people getting any player off their game. sometimes the media just needs to report what they hear and not start things.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Ottawa, what else is new...lol

There always has to be a scapegoat.

First it was Yashin (rightfully so, can't really fault that one)
Then it was Alfredsson
Then it was Lalime
Then it was Alfredsson again
Then it was Redden
Then it was Heatley
Now it's Spezza

It's sickening to say the least. Spezza had 7 points in 6 games yet all he's remembered for is Crosby dancing with him and the one turnover in game 4. Last time I checked those 2 incidents didn't cost the Sens the series.

Send Spezza to the Sabres for Connolly. Connolly had a solid season and I thought he was getting over his injury problems but he has not scored in 19 straight playoff games !!! That's sad.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't Spezza been a favorite whipping boy of the Sens for years? I dont follow them closely but it seems like this is a story I have heard before.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
spezza reminds me of the t1000 from terminator 2. i have no idea why anyone would boo him when he played pretty well. as for the crosby thing, it was overhyped. giroux did the same thing to gonchar short handed last year. the only time i boo is when the team just looks like they are not trying at all.

Exactly but in Ottawa individual players get booed because the blame can only be put on one player apparently. That's exactly why I feel this team has never gone the distance as well. Too much individualism and too much "I'm going to do this all by myself." Seems to be a commonality in Ottawa that starts with the fans and media and then finds its way down to the locker room.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this is why i got mad at the philly media people this season. they would not let the richards thing go and i really do not want media people getting any player off their game. sometimes the media just needs to report what they hear and not start things.

Like the Ottawa media? lol

You want to talk about spreading bullshit around? Just go read Bruce Garrioch and Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun. Those guys are the worst journalists probably ever. The amount of bullshit they spread is off the charts.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hasn't Spezza been a favorite whipping boy of the Sens for years? I dont follow them closely but it seems like this is a story I have heard before.

Yes this has gone one since he was a rookie but it's progressively gotten worse.

A guy can only take so much though. I mean, he's a professional athlete but if you were in his shoes, how would you feel to get booed in the playoffs on home ice? Especially since he made dramatic improvements to his game this year and got us back into the playoffs.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this has gone one since he was a rookie but it's progressively gotten worse.

A guy can only take so much though. I mean, he's a professional athlete but if you were in his shoes, how would you feel to get booed in the playoffs on home ice? Especially since he made dramatic improvements to his game this year and got us back into the playoffs.

I wouldn't like it. Hes always seemed pretty solid of a player to me. Maybe not great defensively but not awful. I am sure there would be plenty of teams who would love to have him.