• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox don't even cheat, still win easily

Andybob

Lurking
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA. You see what we have to deal with, Pickles? He initially had Gardner ranked ahead of J. Upton, too, but pussed his way out of that one when he saw the way Upton started the season.

"deal with"

its not like you guys choose to argue with each other or anything

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope...

Personally, I can't wait for the next time he uses OPS+ to make an point.

Gardner: 96

Cargo: 122

"buu..buuuu....COORS FIELD!!!"

so that you can prove yourself a hypocrite again?

I wonder if a HR hit at coors helps your OPS+ despite the fact that it would be an out in most parks...

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. If I leave, I wouldn't be around to make fun of the Yankees' annual collapse. What fun would that be?

uh what annual collapse? Speaking of not watching baseball

"The yankees collapsed when they won the division and finished with the AL's best record"

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the funny thing is, I actually think I agreed with your original point about Napoli, Victorino, and Dempster (at least I thought I did before it got lost in semantics). The way I would have phrased it would be:

Was I, as a Sox fan, more optimistic going into 2012 with Agon, Crawford, and Beckett, than I was going into this season with Vic, Napoli, and Dempster. And the answer is yes. 2012 ended up being a nightmare, and this season has been great so far, but I was definitely more optimistic going into last year than this year.

But....would you have been more optimistic had they just brought everyone back? Or were you more optimistic about the course the team was heading after the trade?

Me? The latter...by miles...it had to be blown, only Uno and Bobby Valentine think otherwise.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like I said, pretty easy to see you're pissing these guys off when they have to resort to making things up you never said

So, you didn't have Gardner ahead of Upton in your LF rankings initially?

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the funny thing is, I actually think I agreed with your original point about Napoli, Victorino, and Dempster (at least I thought I did before it got lost in semantics). The way I would have phrased it would be:

Was I, as a Sox fan, more optimistic going into 2012 with Agon, Crawford, and Beckett, than I was going into this season with Vic, Napoli, and Dempster. And the answer is yes. 2012 ended up being a nightmare, and this season has been great so far, but I was definitely more optimistic going into last year than this year.

Hey look! rationality...must have been taught to you outside of the boston public school system...you go to a NY school by chance?

Andybob

Lurking
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. If I leave, I wouldn't be around to make fun of the Yankees' annual collapse. What fun would that be?

Losing in the playoffs =/= collapse

a collapse would be more like the Red Sox in 2011

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now he we bettin' on tonight, Zig?

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you didn't have Gardner ahead of Upton in your LF rankings initially?

no, never

just like I never said anything about vmart not being an upgrade over tek...you like to fabricate things when I prove you a moron

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh what annual collapse? Speaking of not watching baseball

"The yankees collapsed when they won the division and finished with the AL's best record"

And then got destroyed and embarrassed in the playoffs.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, never

just like I never said anything about vmart not being an upgrade over tek...you like to fabricate things when I prove you a moron

Uh huh. And you never said Beltre was going to be a flop in Boston, I assume?

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought and still think Napoli sucks ... its only a matter of time for that guy imo. But it wouldnt be the first time that stadium made a player look much better than he is (Cody Ross, Jayson Bay)

ALSO - I was pretty high on the Stephen Drew signing. So much that I even drafted him. That little prick (now that i dropped him) is starting to play much better. This will be an important pickup by the years end

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so that you can prove yourself a hypocrite again?

I wonder if a HR hit at coors helps your OPS+ despite the fact that it would be an out in most parks...

So then you won't be using such an inaccurate stat anymore I take it...

It's park neutralized Uno....

and hit tracker doesn't agree that his Coors HR's would be outs in most parks...

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then got destroyed and embarrassed in the playoffs.

umm they won the first round of the playoffs superfan

"having the best record in the AL, winning your division, winning the first round of the playoffs, and then losing to a better team in the second round is a collapse dumbass!"

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if only he could be as good as Dominic Brown...

Worst fielding LF'er ive seen in a LOOONNNGGGG TIME

How the fuck was this guy considered a 5 tool player?? I mean you can watch him play 1 or 2 games and realize he is not even close to that type of talent

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh huh. And you never said Beltre was going to be a flop in Boston, I assume?

I don't remember saying that directly no...but I don't doubt I said he sucks...because at the time he was an injury plagued bag of suck...literally not one person in your fanbase thought he would be good...so if that's the best you can come up with to "get me" I must be doing pretty well