• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sox don't even cheat, still win easily

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't know what his point is...despite the fact that he's reiterated it literally dozens of times and I just repeated it verbatim"

You're humping a one month cupcake schedule...can't wait to throw all these quotes in your faces...and watch you all disappear

I'm not humping anything. Just happy to have a baseball team again.

Not sure which of my 2 theories was your actual point but it doesn't matter since we disagree on both

You have my permission to save this, and every other "crazy" thing I've apparently said on this matter

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Beltre was a bag of shit tooo

He was the quintessential contract year player at that point .... nobody should deny that

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But....would you have been more optimistic had they just brought everyone back? Or were you more optimistic about the course the team was heading after the trade?

Me? The latter...by miles...it had to be blown, only Uno and Bobby Valentine think otherwise.

Good question, but tough to answer. I'd need to know how the sox finished 2012 with Beckett and Agon still playing on the team. I'd also need to know what kind of prognosis there was for Crawford. If the Sox kept those guys, fired Bobby and hired Farrell and you told me that Crawford was 100% healthy going into this season, I'd be more optimistic than I was with Napoli, Vic and Dempster.

That being said, I'm loving the results of the changes so far. I think there is going to be a fall back down to earth, but enjoying it until then.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey look! rationality...must have been taught to you outside of the boston public school system...you go to a NY school by chance?

I'm still alive, so that's a no.

Andybob

Lurking
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst fielding LF'er ive seen in a LOOONNNGGGG TIME

How the fuck was this guy considered a 5 tool player?? I mean you can watch him play 1 or 2 games and realize he is not even close to that type of talent

At least he's finally hitting like everyone thought he would, offsets the mediocrity of the rest of the outfield

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then you won't be using such an inaccurate stat anymore I take it...

It's park neutralized Uno....

and hit tracker doesn't agree that his Coors HR's would be outs in most parks...

I didn't say it was inaccurate...just inflated

like I said, I wonder if someone's OPS+ goes up if they hit a hr that would be an out in most parks

I never said any of his HR's would be outs...just making a point that cheapies do help OPS+ even if they would be outs in other parks

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not humping anything. Just happy to have a baseball team again.

Not sure which of my 2 theories was your actual point but it doesn't matter since we disagree on both

You have my permission to save this, and every other "crazy" thing I've apparently said on this matter

if they were 7-20 would you be saying you're just happy to have a baseball team again?

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he's finally hitting like everyone thought he would, offsets the mediocrity of the rest of the outfield

Nah ... he's never gonna be anything special ... im not a fan at all

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question, but tough to answer. I'd need to know how the sox finished 2012 with Beckett and Agon still playing on the team. I'd also need to know what kind of prognosis there was for Crawford. If the Sox kept those guys, fired Bobby and hired Farrell and you told me that Crawford was 100% healthy going into this season, I'd be more optimistic than I was with Napoli, Vic and Dempster.

That being said, I'm loving the results of the changes so far. I think there is going to be a fall back down to earth, but enjoying it until then.

are you sure you're a red sox fan? You're about to be disowned methinks

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Assume they were how they were all year before the trade...a team that hovered around .500...and you don't get to know the prognosis of crawford, because part of the benefit of that trade? Is they took that risk off the Sox hands...

I agree on the fall back to earth...but this debate will be settled once and for all once everyone gets a longer look at Webster and De La Rosa...2 names Uno refuses to acknowledge this....and 2 VERY huge reasons why that trade became a no brainer...

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought and still think Napoli sucks ... its only a matter of time for that guy imo. But it wouldnt be the first time that stadium made a player look much better than he is (Cody Ross, Jayson Bay)

ALSO - I was pretty high on the Stephen Drew signing. So much that I even drafted him. That little prick (now that i dropped him) is starting to play much better. This will be an important pickup by the years end

You mean you were pretty high AT the TIME of the Stephen Drew signing.

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assume they were how they were all year before the trade...a team that hovered around .500...and you don't get to know the prognosis of crawford, because part of the benefit of that trade? Is they took that risk off the Sox hands...

I agree on the fall back to earth...but this debate will be settled once and for all once everyone gets a longer look at Webster and De La Rosa...2 names Uno refuses to acknowledge this....and 2 VERY huge reasons why that trade became a no brainer...

lol two names never even uttered by down until I made my claim

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Worst fielding LF'er ive seen in a LOOONNNGGGG TIME

How the fuck was this guy considered a 5 tool player?? I mean you can watch him play 1 or 2 games and realize he is not even close to that type of talent

Didnt lonnie smith play left field...that fucker was the worst defensive outfielder ever.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you sure you're a red sox fan? You're about to be disowned methinks

They can't disown me. I'm a bastard anyway.

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chick that found craigers is pretty hot man ...

uno your in college (or close enough) ... go meet her

Uno

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't disown me. I'm a bastard anyway.

The point I was trying to make from the start, was exactly what you said...and had you been the one to say it, the rest of your fanbase probably doesn't lose their shit the way down, zig and chappee have...

And like when I wasn't willing to put a win number to it at the time, I still am not...I think the red sox still would have been better going with those guys...if they outperform the replacements, I'll have been right...win/loss totals aren't going to change that...there's too many other variables involved...and like I proved earlier, the sox could have maintained all of those variables except stephen drew at the same price as last year's team