• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Southern Miss. Week

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what HuskerinBig10, I saw how long of a post that was and didn't read more than 3 words. But I have completely changed my opinion on this staff and direction of the program. I think they all should be fired today. That is clearly the only answer and it would totally benefit this program to scrap the whole thing and start over again. I mean, if you can't make a complete and total judgment after 3 games on every single team in the country, especially ones with new coaching staffs then I don't know what else you want. 3 games is more than enough time.

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only been 3 GAMES!!! Now if something happens over the next two games there will be massive questions that need to be answer.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest concern is OL and defense banker scheme suck

At this point MR need to find away to utilize what have left talent wise to win games down the stretch

This team needs to man up and grow up fast division looks weak but we can't be playing last year Bo ball and wait till the 4th qtr

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh, i agree, it's been 3 games. they patched together a first recruiting class and figured out afterwards what they actually needed. we are one good pass rusher away from being a decent defense. if someone could routinely get to the QB, then we'd be fine. LB depth is a huge problem too. they also faced the best QB they will face all year at Miami, so if they can learn from that, it can only get better.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you stole those or came up with them on your own, but I like them.

lel

I came up with them whilst drinking some beers last night. That's not to say somebody else hasn't already came up with them before, I've just never heard them.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh, i agree, it's been 3 games. they patched together a first recruiting class and figured out afterwards what they actually needed. we are one good pass rusher away from being a decent defense. if someone could routinely get to the QB, then we'd be fine. LB depth is a huge problem too. they also faced the best QB they will face all year at Miami, so if they can learn from that, it can only get better.

100% correct.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually thinking about that too. Even when we did get pressure on him he still delivered perfect strikes down field.

We won't face anything like that the rest of the way.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that we have a new staff. Like the staff or not, when you get a new staff you are starting over. The talent level currently at Nebraska is not great. It is good but not high level. They are all learning a new system on both sides of the ball. The staff is trying to figure out how to run their system while fitting it to the talent that was recruited for something else. The staff is also clearly not stubborn enough not to try to adjust to maximize the performance. They have admitted the issues at CB and are evaluating it. They aren't just sitting there saying its a process and saying those guys need to execute. They are more than willing to change the line to get the best possible results.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that we have a new staff. Like the staff or not, when you get a new staff you are starting over. The talent level currently at Nebraska is not great. It is good but not high level. They are all learning a new system on both sides of the ball. The staff is trying to figure out how to run their system while fitting it to the talent that was recruited for something else. The staff is also clearly not stubborn enough not to try to adjust to maximize the performance. They have admitted the issues at CB and are evaluating it. They aren't just sitting there saying its a process and saying those guys need to execute. They are more than willing to change the line to get the best possible results.
BUT...BUT...WE'RE 1-2!!! AAAAH! EVERYONE SUCKS!!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are winning the Big 10 this year dadburnit!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HIB10 I am bookmarking this page so I can rub your nose in it come November when RiIley has these guys rolling right into the conference championship game.

Your vision is so clouded by your disappointment with Eischorst not hiring a big name, (which everyone knows you've been whining about since December when he was hired) that you can't see these guys are taking lemons and making lemonade.

Shit we are depleted. Whether by choice or forced out because he recognized what a cancer those who were buying into Pelini's paranoia were, 11 guys left this team between the time Riley was hired and the first game. Three of our top performers went to the NFL and the injury bug has come through like the plague and in that we have two losses that both were lost on the last play of the game.

We have walk ons starting all over the place which is great for the walk on program but walk ons should augment ther team and provide an occasional standout. It should not have to be used to fill the roster but that is exactly what is being done. And how does Riley handle this? AHit one third of our travel team was walk ons. One fucking third of the team. Hell Riley could cry about how bad Pelini left him or how hard it is to recruit to the barren plains of Nebraska or maybe even bitch about players not executing. But has he once for any of that? Not once. Nothing but a class act. What's that? Class? Yes finally CLASS!! A class act is exactly what this school has not had since Solich and it is damned refreshing to me.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Bandaras may not play this Sat as well as MRI and V2

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
67 at kickoff tomorrow and sunny. I will be going to the game tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall any fullback carries now that you mention it....
I can carry a back sack loaded to 120 lbs up hill in a 4 foot snow path --up hill
with 30 mile an hour winds in my face
and still break away to get a coffee at starbucks
and crap with large vigorance in thar terlet pot

LOL !!!

I eat chains !!

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Bandaras may not play this Sat as well as MRI and V2

The only thing that upsets me about that is this team just can't stay healthy enough to develop chemistry.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
67 at kickoff tomorrow and sunny. I will be going to the game tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

Ever notice how game days in Nebraska almost always manage to be some of the best weather you could ask for through late September?

'Cept for that ridiculous fucking wind in the BYU game which I will be telling my grandchildren about.

Reactions: FNG