• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Southern Miss. Week

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not before Tommy Makes Todd Monken wish he was never born.

CAMPUS REPORT: Monken familiar with Nebraska QB

So Tommy is going to ignore coaches game-plan just to prove Monken was wrong in his evaluation? That some personal vendetta of Tommy overrides the goals and objectives of the team?

I'm not privy to what Nebraska's game-plan is. I'm only assuming it will be to pound the rock.
Not only to work on a source of criticism, but to also take advantage of So Mississippi's most glaring weakness for 3 years now.

So Miss Rushing Defense

2013 - 113th
2014 - 110th
2015 - 95th (through 3 games Miss St, Austin Peay, Texas St)

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did anyone else think it was strange that against Miami I don't remember a single screen pass? the pressure Tommy was under, i thought we'd see one soon but it never came.

also, i don't remember too many of the quick throws to the wideouts either, i wasn't paying that close attention, were the Miami DBs just playing that tight of coverage that we didn't do them?

With the pressure Miami was getting off the edge I'm not sure the little bubble screens were ever gonna be there for us.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, every time Tommy got completely flushed out of the pocket I was relieved. That was where we turned the game around and wore down Miami's Defense.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that talk the entire time by the commentators about how hot and humid it was there and the Nebraska boys couldn't handle it.....

The fuck were they talking about? Summers in Nebraska are more hot and humid than any place I've ever been. We were in better shape and it showed late in the game.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, most people don't know crap about Nebraska Weather. although i have been to Miami, it is a little worse down there as the temperature is typically a little higher. but agree that game time this past week wasn't any different than a nebraska summer day.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All that talk the entire time by the commentators about how hot and humid it was there and the Nebraska boys couldn't handle it.....

The fuck were they talking about? Summers in Nebraska are more hot and humid than any place I've ever been. We were in better shape and it showed late in the game.

We've had over 90% humidity quite a few times especially lately, so even if it isn't 90 degrees or above, that just has to be good for conditioning for the players. The players seemed to be very well conditioned, which is a good thing as we well know.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One very pleasant surprise has been Freedom Akinmoladin. I am thinking he is better than Gangwish and McMullen at DE.

Southern Miss has a capable offense, which might give the Nebraska defense a run for its money. As has been pointed out, the Southern Miss defense is bad and will be exploited by the high octane Nebraska offense.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure do hope so
I thpught I could spell well after my skoolin --I guess net

but anyway don't the Huskers have a great fullback that can pave the way ??
I don't recall any fullback carries now that you mention it....

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Tommy is going to ignore coaches game-plan just to prove Monken was wrong in his evaluation? That some personal vendetta of Tommy overrides the goals and objectives of the team?

I'm not privy to what Nebraska's game-plan is. I'm only assuming it will be to pound the rock.
Not only to work on a source of criticism, but to also take advantage of So Mississippi's most glaring weakness for 3 years now.

So Miss Rushing Defense

2013 - 113th
2014 - 110th
2015 - 95th (through 3 games Miss St, Austin Peay, Texas St)

Ok yeah you got me. Need to polish up the run game, but the pass game needs more chemistry as well.

As one pundit put it, this team would like nothing more than taking out it's frustrations on an inferior team by running it right down their throat for four quarters.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok yeah you got me. Need to polish up the run game, but the pass game needs more chemistry as well.

As one pundit put it, this team would like nothing more than taking out it's frustrations on an inferior team by running it right down their throat for four quarters.

Well this is the one team to do that to for the remainder of the schedule.

If the Husker defense can keep it from becoming a shootout, I think the game rolls by relatively fast just running it right at them.

Two plays.

1) Off of Alex Lewis' left butt cheek.
2) Off of Alex Lewis' right butt cheek.

The Huskers need to get in and out fast with minimal bumps and bruises. They have zero bye weeks on the schedule.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These next 3 weeks are huge.

Beat Southern Mrs. Hippie like we are supposed to, and then beat Ill Annoy like we are supposed to.

Setting us up with an ABC matchup against ranked Wisconsin. A chance to redeem ourselves and get the ball firmly rolling downhill.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I hope Wisconsin kicks the absolute piss out of Iowa so they shoot up the rankings a bit.

I'm gonna be at the Wisconsin game and I want to be there when we knock them out of the rankings and move ourselves in.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just waiting on another groin pull

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I hope Wisconsin kicks the absolute piss out of Iowa so they shoot up the rankings a bit.

I'm gonna be at the Wisconsin game and I want to be there when we knock them out of the rankings and move ourselves in.

We're not done. That's about all I have to say about that. This team is gonna shock some people.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Huskers by an easy 17. Up more than that in 4th, but surrender a late score or two to bring it back to 17

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These next 3 weeks are huge.

Beat Southern Mrs. Hippie like we are supposed to, and then beat Ill Annoy like we are supposed to.

Setting us up with an ABC matchup against ranked Wisconsin. A chance to redeem ourselves and get the ball firmly rolling downhill.

Not sure if you stole those or came up with them on your own, but I like them.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes some of you think that Nebraska can win a game in the Big Ten? The only two positives for me is that Nebraska does not quit and the Big Ten competition lacks offense. But that doesn't win games. Neither does positive thinking.

For those of you that hate my negative posts, just stop reading or just put me on ignore and save yourself some angst.

This coaching staff did not have Nebraska prepared at all for the Miami game. Please witness the first quarter. How about the BYU game? Please witness the second quarter.

Nebraska played a pretty bad team in Southern Alabama, yet, this Nebraska defense allowed 332 total yards, and 313 of that was through the air. If South Alabama did not have three turnovers, the score would have been closer.

Right now, I don't think this Nebraska team can win at all against a team with a defense. The Nebraska defense certainly will not stop anyone. Against teams with good defenses, this offense is going to go into a funk, we saw that with Miami. If the BYU nose tackle did not get hurt, that game was going to get ugly.

Sure, you can say teams have played bad competition, Miami played BAD competition prior to the game, and destroyed Nebraska for 50 minutes.

Look at the schedule's defenses.
Northwestern #6 (they have beaten Stanford and Duke)
Iowa #16
Illinois #20
Minnesota #25
Wisconsin #28
Miami, Fl #31
South Alabama #76
BYU #86

Purdue #88
Rutgers #91
Michigan State #94 (there is hope, but I think Shalique Calhoun will have a career day against this o Line)

The only saving grace is the Big Ten competition is sadly lacking in offense. Nebraska has offense but no defense. Go ahead, point to the rushing defense, but any coach that watches the game tapes will see that in order to beat Nebraska, just throw the ball. Nebraska has zero pass rush and zero pass defense. Nebraska will rush four guys while trying to use the other seven to cover the five receivers. Nebraska has shown that it cannot be done.

The other schools have defense but no offense. But the teams with defense and no offense have winning records, Michigan State being the exception.

If Banker could somehow do something with the defense, Nebraska can win. But with this defense getting worse every game, instead of better, this is going to be a losing season. My prediction of 4-8 could turn out to be true. No matter how much positive thinking you use, won't matter, because you don't play the game.

In the past Nebraska has had the Cosgrove Defensive scheme. We know how that turned out.
Nebraska has had the Pelini-Papuchis every running back is a Heisman run scheme. But won nine games.

Now, Nebraska has the Banker allow big pass play defense, and is 1-2. Before, running QBs destroyed Nebraska, now it is the pro-style QB that destroys Nebraska. Imagine if this Nebraska team was in the Big 12. Every QB would have a 500 yard + day against Nebraska. One, or more, would probably throw for over 800 yards. BTW, Illinois has Wes Lunt, an ex Big 12 QB who can throw.

Off to go pay my property taxes.