• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Southern Miss. Week

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes some of you think that Nebraska can win a game in the Big Ten? The only two positives for me is that Nebraska does not quit and the Big Ten competition lacks offense. But that doesn't win games. Neither does positive thinking.

For those of you that hate my negative posts, just stop reading or just put me on ignore and save yourself some angst.

This coaching staff did not have Nebraska prepared at all for the Miami game. Please witness the first quarter. How about the BYU game? Please witness the second quarter.

Nebraska played a pretty bad team in Southern Alabama, yet, this Nebraska defense allowed 332 total yards, and 313 of that was through the air. If South Alabama did not have three turnovers, the score would have been closer.

Right now, I don't think this Nebraska team can win at all against a team with a defense. The Nebraska defense certainly will not stop anyone. Against teams with good defenses, this offense is going to go into a funk, we saw that with Miami. If the BYU nose tackle did not get hurt, that game was going to get ugly.

Sure, you can say teams have played bad competition, Miami played BAD competition prior to the game, and destroyed Nebraska for 50 minutes.

Look at the schedule's defenses.
Northwestern #6 (they have beaten Stanford and Duke)
Iowa #16
Illinois #20
Minnesota #25
Wisconsin #28
Miami, Fl #31
South Alabama #76
BYU #86

Purdue #88
Rutgers #91
Michigan State #94 (there is hope, but I think Shalique Calhoun will have a career day against this o Line)

The only saving grace is the Big Ten competition is sadly lacking in offense. Nebraska has offense but no defense. Go ahead, point to the rushing defense, but any coach that watches the game tapes will see that in order to beat Nebraska, just throw the ball. Nebraska has zero pass rush and zero pass defense. Nebraska will rush four guys while trying to use the other seven to cover the five receivers. Nebraska has shown that it cannot be done.

The other schools have defense but no offense. But the teams with defense and no offense have winning records, Michigan State being the exception.

If Banker could somehow do something with the defense, Nebraska can win. But with this defense getting worse every game, instead of better, this is going to be a losing season. My prediction of 4-8 could turn out to be true. No matter how much positive thinking you use, won't matter, because you don't play the game.

In the past Nebraska has had the Cosgrove Defensive scheme. We know how that turned out.
Nebraska has had the Pelini-Papuchis every running back is a Heisman run scheme. But won nine games.

Now, Nebraska has the Banker allow big pass play defense, and is 1-2. Before, running QBs destroyed Nebraska, now it is the pro-style QB that destroys Nebraska. Imagine if this Nebraska team was in the Big 12. Every QB would have a 500 yard + day against Nebraska. One, or more, would probably throw for over 800 yards. BTW, Illinois has Wes Lunt, an ex Big 12 QB who can throw.

Off to go pay my property taxes.

Seriously does it get anymore long winded than you?

I don't mean it as an insult but jesus christ I don't have the attention span, nor does anyone else to read your posts sometimes man.

Simplify. Please for the love of god.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simplified? haters gonna hate and criers gonna cry. Nebraska is a blue collar state and they now have a blue collar coach. Some want the big money coach but that just is not Nebraska.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
currently playing NCAA '14 on PS3 if anybody wants their ass handed to them.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So random thought... I want to destroy Southern Miss again. Their message boards are rife with hubris.

I shall enjoy every touchdown and remember 11 years ago when they actually thought they were on our level.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So random thought... I want to destroy Southern Miss again. Their message boards are rife with hubris.

I shall enjoy every touchdown and remember 11 years ago when they actually thought they were on our level.

I sure hope the Nebraska players aren't overlooking this game otherwise they'll be in for a rude awakening. Also, because of Callahan and Cosshit they were on Nebraska's level.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know what HuskerinBig10, I saw how long of a post that was and didn't read more than 3 words. But I have completely changed my opinion on this staff and direction of the program. I think they all should be fired today. That is clearly the only answer and it would totally benefit this program to scrap the whole thing and start over again. I mean, if you can't make a complete and total judgment after 3 games on every single team in the country, especially ones with new coaching staffs then I don't know what else you want. 3 games is more than enough time.

I was one of the Nebraska fans who wasn't happy initially with the MR hire, but no matter what, I'm happy Bo is gone and I have some optimism about the future for Nebraska football with MR. One thing I like is this staff seems to be much better at making game time adjustments than Bo was.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one of the Nebraska fans who wasn't happy initially with the MR hire, but no matter what, I'm happy Bo is gone and I have some optimism about the future for Nebraska football with MR. One thing I like is this staff seems to be much better at making game time adjustments than Bo was.
Translated: they make adjustments.

I watched the Beavers against the trees last night and OSU hung for a half and Stanford threw and ran on them easily so it got out of hand quickly in the second half.

Just thinking, even with his passing mistakes, Tommy is way better than Uncle Tito ever was (athough Tito had more fantastic finishes).

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope the Nebraska players aren't overlooking this game otherwise they'll be in for a rude awakening. Also, because of Callahan and Cosshit they were on Nebraska's level.

Whelp... We had our McNeese St. game. That's the way I choose to look at this.

This staff is more willing to adjust than the old one. Whether that helps... I don't know.

The one thing I DO know is our secondary is in a sad state of affairs. They were supposed to be a strength of this team, so I'm currently blaming coaching.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Translated: they make adjustments.

I watched the Beavers against the trees last night and OSU hung for a half and Stanford threw and ran on them easily so it got out of hand quickly in the second half.

Just thinking, even with his passing mistakes, Tommy is way better than Uncle Tito ever was (although Tito had more fantastic finishes).

When Tito was healthy he wasn't too shabby.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of teams around the country would have lit us up through the air today.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whelp... We had our McNeese St. game. That's the way I choose to look at this.

This staff is more willing to adjust than the old one. Whether that helps... I don't know.

The one thing I DO know is our secondary is in a sad state of affairs. They were supposed to be a strength of this team, so I'm currently blaming coaching.

After today I truly believe there's plenty of proof that a new secondary coach is needed.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After today I truly believe there's plenty of proof that a new secondary coach is needed.

Yep I don't like him.

Also, I like Banker's ideas, but I don't like him as a teacher OR a recruiter.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Janovich run the trap gave me a chubbie. Armstrong is a leader, Westy is a stud.

This team could be dangerous if they find a clue on D and stop with the stupid penalties.