• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sooooo.... who trades for Westbrook now?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, this thread sure went down to shit. Pardon my pun:lol: This thread might be worthy of the politics room:lol:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a definite wordsmith here guys.

jKPktU.gif

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to unbuck this thread a little....

So who are the realistic destinations for RW?

Miami - I definitely see them as a possible outcome in that they would want him. RW and Butler playing together would definitely be league pass worthy for a little while at least. Problem is that both teams are hard capped. They would need a 3rd team to take on some salary. The Heat don't have any picks to give up. So basically this only happens if the Thunder just want to be rid of RW's contract which may be the case.

Magic - Similar problem that they are cap constrained. Butt hey have more draft capital.

Bulls - Seems to go against what they are trying to build but it's possible that they could give up Porter and change if they wanted to jump start their plan

Wolves - I can't imagine they would go for another mercurial hot tempered player but anything is possible. Would the Thunder take Wiggins back? Seems unlikely but he might be a better fit and open up the PG for SGA.

Spurs - A non 3 point shooting PG is a non-issue for Pop. If he thought he wanted to make one more run, this could be the move to make that happen.

Ultimately it seems that there are no great situations that could work but in the modern NBA that means something is almost certain to happen.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not want to trade anyone on the Spurs roster for Westbrook. I love the young core they have right now and I want to keep that together.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not want to trade anyone on the Spurs roster for Westbrook. I love the young core they have right now and I want to keep that together.

The problem is that the current Spurs team is never winning a title. They are a perennial #3-5 seed with their current roster.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No need to block Dejounte's development with Russ for sure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that the current Spurs team is never winning a title. They are a perennial #3-5 seed with their current roster.

IMO they need to move away from Aldridge, Gay and DeRozan in favor of younger, more versatile talent.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe things have changed after the Thunder have traded Grant and went below the lux tax threshold... The Thunder are no more in need to save salary cap space and therefore will not take back bad salary in return...

They shouldn't be looking to get picks back either, after they got a ton of them from PG and Grant...

I think the Thunder will now look to take back significant talent and that may turn teams away... It looks to me that many out of the teams that are mentioned in the rumors, will prefer to deal with Houston for CP3... It should be easier to do so anyway...

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks far more sensible that the Thunder will trade Schroeder, easier than they will trade Westbrook now...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves - I can't imagine they would go for another mercurial hot tempered player but anything is possible. Would the Thunder take Wiggins back? Seems unlikely but he might be a better fit and open up the PG for SGA.

They have a new GM running the show. He comes from the Houston organization so he is superstar crazy. I could see them getting into the mix.

But I cant imagine that Wiggins is someone OKC would want to take on but I could be wrong.

I also could see that GS and Minnesota having an illegal handshake deal in place for Russell where they will send him our way come trade deadline once Klay is back so that might quash any pursuit of Westbrook.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look around and I am thinking Westbrook is on OKC till at least December before teams are able to come up with a palatable offer. They cant get any superstar potential back for him right now. Wait until December and all of a sudden guys like RJ Barrett, Jarrett Culver, ect enter the trade back equation.

The luxury tax is figured at the END of the year not at the beginning. Trading Westbrook in the next 2 weeks or 5 months from now doesn't really effect how much OKC is spending this year.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Thunder will now look to take back significant talent and that may turn teams away... It looks to me that many out of the teams that are mentioned in the rumors, will prefer to deal with Houston for CP3... It should be easier to do so anyway...

They are entering a massive rebuild. There is no way they bring in a 33 year old PG with 3 years left on a massive deal.