• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

some quick thoughts

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Alex Smith doesn't have accuracy on these throws, would you rather he put this up for grabs for the defense or out of bounds? It is what it is right now. Although frustrating as hell I'd much rather he error on the side of caution to avoid a game changing pick. We lose the turnover battle and 9 times out of 10 its game over against a good team.

You guys know that we have teams so set up now for the playoffs. He's been pretending this whole time he can't hit that pass. In the playoffs he'll get the green light and hit ten in a row and he'll get the green light to try in the redzone. Training wheels coming off!

I'd rather not throw the pass , or call the route. He can throw down the field between the numbers. Why not attack there? Where is it written that you have to attack down the field outside the numbers? Let's send guys deep down the middle and attack the short middle and short outside throws that he can make. Keep the safeties inside and let guys like Williams and Crabtree use their quickness to catch the ball, beat the CB one on one and run.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like Bowman - BUT, if for some odd reason we were to draft yet another ILB like Vontaze Burfict, I wouldn't b*tch about it. It's a moot point because our coaching staff is extremely comfortable in the way in which the ILB duo are playing. And they're still relatively young and Bowman is yet to reach his prime. So IMO there's less than 5% chance Baalke would draft another ILB anyway within the first 2 rounds in 2012.

I'd be furious if we took an ILB instead of addressing a position of need.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull shit. He's putting it where no one can catch it. He misses it. All. The. Time.

he's hit those passes in the past. i remember him hitting vernon at least a couple times in previous years. it's been down the middle 90% of the time to vernon, but not always.

i think the ball was catchable if crabtree ran down the sidelines.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
he's hit those passes in the past. i remember him hitting vernon at least a couple times in previous years. it's been down the middle 90% of the time to vernon, but not always.

i think the ball was catchable if crabtree ran down the sidelines.

So, by hitting Vernon between the numbers, down the seam, it shows he can make the throw along the sideline?

Seriously, you have way too much of a hard on for Smith. He threw that ball 4 yards out of bounds. EVERYONE saw it that way except you.

Just as you were trying to defend the throws to Ginn down the sideline.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smith has hit vernon on sideline throws....

in the past it's been that smith couldn't hit short throws but had the arm for longer throws. now it's he can't throw an out only short throws and bombs down the middle.

i think the throws to ginn and crabtree are timing issues. or maybe he's purposely putting more air under the ball so there isnt a turnover. either they make a great catch or it's out of bounds. the throw to crabtree was catchable had he run the proper route, which he has shown he doesn't do on a number of occasions.

Last edited by a moderator:

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather not throw the pass , or call the route. He can throw down the field between the numbers. Why not attack there? Where is it written that you have to attack down the field outside the numbers? Let's send guys deep down the middle and attack the short middle and short outside throws that he can make. Keep the safeties inside and let guys like Williams and Crabtree use their quickness to catch the ball, beat the CB one on one and run.

Greg roman may have answers to your questions...

Press Pass: Greg Roman

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
running plays without practicing them? no wonder sometimes it looks like nobody is on the same page, they didn't even get to that page yet in practice

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just have to say, I've watched the whole game again over the past couple days, slowed down, and I'll say Smith - and his accuracy - were better than I'd thought first time through. Plenty of his incompletions were either drops (GORE!) or balls just knocked out of Niner hands by solid defensive play.

That said, the pass to Williams was worse than I'd thought first time - there was a clear path and the defender couldn't have gotten to a well-thrown ball - and he obviously missed on both sideline routes - but its not like those were horrible misses......they were tough throws.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya the throws were not anywhere near as bad as ppl make them out to be. some just hold a grudge and overanalyze every miss.

i wanted to see smith take steps in the final 8 games vs the first 8 games. so far he hasn't done that. the pass blocking sucks and there's no goto reciever. he isn't playing great, but given the lack of tools around him he's isn't stinking up the joint which is a welcome change.