• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some Of You Are Gonna HATE To Hear This One.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hundley a lot but I wouldn't want to draft him unless we moved way back in the 1st round and pick up additional pick or two.

I guess its still to be determined where we pick, but if its in the top 15 I don't think we should grab a QB at that pick (mot likely, again we gotta see where everyone is)

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are splashing bro. Look around. We are merely a true NFL Caliber QB starter away from making the playoffs this year.

You disagree? :noidea:

I DO disagree. Lol... but only partially.

I think we're actually a stable interior line away from making the playoffs. We obviously need a full-time starting caliber QB (what team doesn't?). That goes without saying. But with better, more consistent line play, I have no doubt we could have posted a winning record with Sam Bradford, Shaun Hill, OR Austin Davis under center. Even with the apparent slow development of Gregg Williams' defense.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fines or suspensions for the five Rams players making an ass out of themselves during pre-game introductions.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I DO disagree. Lol... but only partially.

I think we're actually a stable interior line away from making the playoffs. We obviously need a full-time starting caliber QB (what team doesn't?). That goes without saying. But with better, more consistent line play, I have no doubt we could have posted a winning record with Sam Bradford, Shaun Hill, OR Austin Davis under center. Even with the apparent slow development of Gregg Williams' defense.

^^^^^^
What he said!

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If need be... what's the most you'd be willing to sacrifice in order to move up and grab a Mariotta, Winston, or Hundley, though? I mean... I wouldn't go all Washington Redskins or anything. Lol. But, I have to imagine that at least our 1st and 2nd this year would have to go bye-bye, no?

If so... would it be worth it to us?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If need be... what's the most you'd be willing to sacrifice in order to move up and grab a Mariotta, Winston, or Hundley, though? I mean... I wouldn't go all Washington Redskins or anything. Lol. But, I have to imagine that at least our 1st and 2nd this year would have to go bye-bye, no?

For Mariotta, 1st and 2nd this year and next

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give them Bradford!

I wouldn't give up anything, I'd take my chances with a later round pick, no one is a guaranteed star, to many highly can't miss QB's have missed! Yes he seems to be a stud QB, but he's in a College" system that creates a lot of offense, doesn't necessarily translate to the NFL

I know that I wanted us to draft laMicheal James from Oregon, where is he now? Thought he would be the next Dareen Sprouls, I was wrong!

A lot of people on here wanted us to draft Jimmy Clausen back in the day, others wanted Locker really bad, some even said Genocide Smith would fit!

I lived in Dallas when RGIII was at Baylor, watched most of his games, he threw a really nice deep ball, he was a stud. Look at him now and Washington gave up a ton for him. You never know he might of been good, really good, but I think that injury has really cost him whatever he did have.

I'm not willing to give up anything for a guy that might turn out to be just as good as a guy we stumble upon in a later round.

There is no such thing as a sure thing!

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol thank god your not the GM

It will take close to that to move up and get him. If you think he could your franchise Qb, you go get him. We are a good Qb away from being really good.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will take close to that to move up and get him. If you think he could your franchise Qb, you go get him. We are a good Qb away from being really good.

Ya, that's what Washington said!:noidea:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would give up our 1st and 2nd for MM in a heart beat!

It would actually be like only giving up our second since our first may go QB anyways.

That said, I believe it may take just about that to move up a few spots if we need to to get Hundley or Winston should we want to.

Last edited by a moderator:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give them Bradford!

I wouldn't give up anything, I'd take my chances with a later round pick, no one is a guaranteed star, to many highly can't miss QB's have missed! Yes he seems to be a stud QB, but he's in a College" system that creates a lot of offense, doesn't necessarily translate to the NFL

I know that I wanted us to draft laMicheal James from Oregon, where is he now? Thought he would be the next Dareen Sprouls, I was wrong!

A lot of people on here wanted us to draft Jimmy Clausen back in the day, others wanted Locker really bad, some even said Genocide Smith would fit!

I lived in Dallas when RGIII was at Baylor, watched most of his games, he threw a really nice deep ball, he was a stud. Look at him now and Washington gave up a ton for him. You never know he might of been good, really good, but I think that injury has really cost him whatever he did have.

I'm not willing to give up anything for a guy that might turn out to be just as good as a guy we stumble upon in a later round.

There is no such thing as a sure thing!

Except for Luck, Manning and that Elway fella.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not sold on MM unless he's going to a team like the Eagles that run the Oregon offense. And you guys know the rams aren't going to do that. If you try to force a talented QB in a system he can't run you get RG3. I don't see MM having success straight out of college in the Rams system. Besides I think Fisher has already said that he expects Bradford to be back. The Rams are wining with S. Hill? Just think what they could do with a healthy Bradford and another solid draft!! Unless there's an Andrew Luck in the draft which there is not you don't give up your draft picks. Hey didn't Bradford beat Lucks colts in Indy last year? Winston has bust all over him IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not sold on MM unless he's going to a team like the Eagles that run the Oregon offense. And you guys know the rams aren't going to do that. If you try to force a talented QB in a system he can't run you get RG3. I don't see MM having success straight out of college in the Rams system. Besides I think Fisher has already said that he expects Bradford to be back. The Rams are wining with S. Hill? Just think what they could do with a healthy Bradford and another solid draft!! Unless there's an Andrew Luck in the draft which there is not you don't give up your draft picks. Hey didn't Bradford beat Lucks colts in Indy last year? Winston has bust all over him IMO.

What is our offensive philosophy? We could easily mold an offense to suit a Qb like MM. I don't see an identity.

You are crazy if at any point you go into next season relying on Bradford, even if healthy, will he be there mentally. Let's not discount the fact he is still trying to learn how to win himself, it's not like he ever did anything when he was starting.

We need to stop messing around and really address this Qb position.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changing the entire offense to mold around a new quarterback I don't think would be that easy to do in one year. We still haven't figured out how to use T. Austin. Fisher & Snead are under pressure to win now. I just don't see them starting over and gambling on a quarterback with a top pick. Unless they don't think Bradford's gonna be ready to play. Even then I think they look towards a free-agent proven veteran type QB. I think with a solid draft you don't have to have a superstar quarterback to make it to the playoffs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is going to be defense and running game, with some splash WR plays and a controlled passing game to balance the offense. Paying that much for Mariota in draft capital seems inappropriate. This team still needs LB help, CB/S depth, at least 1 OG and possibly a RT, depth across the OL (and possibly a starter at C), etc.

A day 2 QB will be fine if the right guy doesn't fall the Rams in the first. I think Bradford could succeed with this current team, but I don't think he'll hold up physically. Even if they bring him back at a much cheaper price, they need to have him backed up as well as they can afford, with a backup QB and a prospect QB to groom. Remains to be seen if the Rams see Davis as either of those.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changing the entire offense to mold around a new quarterback I don't think would be that easy to do in one year. We still haven't figured out how to use T. Austin. Fisher & Snead are under pressure to win now. I just don't see them starting over and gambling on a quarterback with a top pick. Unless they don't think Bradford's gonna be ready to play. Even then I think they look towards a free-agent proven veteran type QB. I think with a solid draft you don't have to have a superstar quarterback to make it to the playoffs.

:agree:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is going to be defense and running game, with some splash WR plays and a controlled passing game to balance the offense. Paying that much for Mariota in draft capital seems inappropriate. This team still needs LB help, CB/S depth, at least 1 OG and possibly a RT, depth across the OL (and possibly a starter at C), etc.

A day 2 QB will be fine if the right guy doesn't fall the Rams in the first. I think Bradford could succeed with this current team, but I don't think he'll hold up physically. Even if they bring him back at a much cheaper price, they need to have him backed up as well as they can afford, with a backup QB and a prospect QB to groom. Remains to be seen if the Rams see Davis as either of those.

Also :agree: