• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some Of You Are Gonna HATE To Hear This One.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely need a new C, and maybe a OT. I would be okay with a LB too in the 2nd. Hypothetically speaking if we finish out at 9-7 (highly doubt, or 8-8) all the good QB's will probably be gone. Who are we slated to pick?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree! There is NO way they bring him back at 17 mill.

I think that they will offer him a new reduced deal. He can stay if he signs, if he doesn't, we will cut him. If we do cut him we will eat the 3.6 million in dead $$ but save 13.5 mill. Jake Long will be cut to, we will eat 2.5 mill in dead money, but save 8 mill. Between the 2, if cut we would save 21.5 mill! That's huge!! :nod:
Zeke, I'd bet a reduced deal is already done in principle. Not that I'm an advocate, I think it's a huge risk but believe if we end up going that route, we will have a strong backup plan in place for 2015.

Even if we keep Bradford at the minimum, I still don't get it.

He's coming off 2 knee surgeries and he's still going to need to improve in the pocket. He won't be able to run very good.

This team is clicking and starting to mature a bit. I just don't see the point of wasting more money on a guy that will probably play 5-6 games for us.

If we don't draft a QB in this upcoming draft in the first 2 rounds, they are truly stupid. And I know some of these draft picks are looking good now, but again.. we were stocked with picks.. it's tough not to get talent with that many picks and 1 can argue that with 6 1st rounders in 3 years, we should have found at least 1 great player!
Can't say I disagree with your takes here SJ except for the part in bold.

This draft is deep in QB talent as you've outlined here. The top 3 guys will probably be gone before we pick in the middle of the first round. So it's either Petty with our first round pick or one of your second tier guys in the second or third round.

Also I've said this before SJ.

We have only had FIVE first rounders in 3 years not Six. Of those five, Donald may soon be considered great and 3 others are certainly studs with the potential to be great given time.

Greatness, IMO cannot be measured in a short term especially on a 'rebuilding team'

So as Retro says, stay tuned.... It's only been 2 2/3 seasons for our DT Brockers, 1 2/3 seasons for WR Austin & LB Ogletree and a mere 2/3 of a season for our Rookies at LT in Robinson & DT in Donald.

I say when it's all said and done we get 2 maybe 3 great ones out of this lot.

:nod:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I honestly think that if they bring back Bradford, you will still see Hundley,Petty,Mannion or Hogan in rounds 2 or 3 as the backup and heir apparent. It is obvious,even to them, that even though they have faith he will perform IF healthy, he needs to be healthy

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with him being the Day 1 guy in training camp, but I think we need to use a Day 2 (rounds 2-3) pick on a QB we have faith in who can step in if theres an injury/to be the eventual guy.

Also Sam needs to take a pay cut, I think if all of the above happens that we'll be in a good spot.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all make those mistakes Mondo Jay. Just check people's vcash. At any rate. I agree. Petty will be available when we pick and he'd be the guy if for some unforeseen reason one of the top three falls to us than perhaps not.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say the Rams draft Hundley. Cut Sam, bring him back at 3M. Let Sam start and Hundley learn. If Sam goes down Hundley takes over. If not maybe you end up with 2 good options. It'd help give Hundley a cushion until he's ready and still save cap room.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually with SJ on this one. Going into next season with Bradford as the starter is fine with me... but not without a contingency plan. Bradford is more than talented enough to win with this team, with a tweak or two. But if he can't stay on the field (again), it obviously becomes a detriment. We don't have nearly as many needs going into next season as we've had in years past. So, I think that spending a high pick on a QB (provided the right one is there and we're not just taking one to take one) is absolutely the right thing to do. I wouldn't even be opposed to trading up to get one. Again, assuming the deal is good and we feel he's the right guy.

Decide which backup is going to stay next year, whether it be Davis, Hill, or neither, I don't really care. Then let Bradford, the draftee and the holdover battle it out for the starting gig in camp next year.

Oh yeah... just spend the rest of the draft picks on interior linemen. :wink: Lol.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita,

this....

Marriotta - Ducks
Winston - Noles
Hundley - UCLA
Bryce Petty- Baylor

Sean Mannion - Beavers
Rakeem Cato - Marshall
Brandon Bridge - South Alabama

Bo Wallace - Ole Miss
Dak Prescott - Mississippi St - my guess is he stays in school
Nick Marshall - Auburn
Chuckie Keaton - Utah St.
Garrett Grayson - CSU
Cody Fajardo - Nevada

the top 4 are really good. the next 3 could be sneaky good and the last bunch - it's a guessing game.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same dumb BULLSHIT that got us in this mess in the 1st place...

OH LET'S DRAFT A QB #1 OVERALL THAT DIDN'T EVEN PLAY HIS SENIOR YEAR BECAUSE HE WAS HURT... BRING HIM INTO A TEAM THAT HAS NO O-LINE AND GOT BULGER NEARLY KILLED.

FUCKIN BRILLIANT.

You HAVE to take a QB early. Petty at worst, make a move, something. Mannion has no mobility and wouldn't start right away, much less in the NFC West. Those first 4 QB's are solid. The next 3 are SLEEPERS. All the rest are a crapshoot.

I don't want another set back of 5-6 years.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have only had FIVE first rounders in 3 years not Six. Of those five,
Donald may soon be considered great and 3 others are certainly studs with the
potential to be great given time.

Greatness, IMO cannot be measured in a
short term especially on a 'rebuilding team'

How many 1st rounders do you need to make a splash? LOL How many top 3 overall picks have we had in the last 15 years?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Bo, cuz Bo knows Football.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Bo is a big iffy for me. Has a great cast of WR's and his defense is why they are so good.

He hasn't looked good the 2nd half of the season.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for future reference... if any of you want to fire me up, just bring up drafting Sam Bradford.

I'll stop everything i'm doing and we can talk. ;)

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for future reference... if any of you want to fire me up, just bring up drafting Sam Bradford.

I'll stop everything i'm doing and we can talk. ;)

I thought we already had him, you mean we are thinking about drafting him AGAIN?

Sounds like something we would do:wtf2:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many 1st rounders do you need to make a splash? LOL How many top 3 overall picks have we had in the last 15 years?
We are splashing bro. Look around. We are merely a true NFL Caliber QB starter away from making the playoffs this year.

You disagree? :noidea:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are splashing bro. Look around. We are merely a true NFL Caliber QB starter away from making the playoffs this year.

You disagree? :noidea:

I see it, was beginning to think I was the only one.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree... but at the end of the day, who will that QB be??

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be technical, Bradford left OU early foregoing his senior year, so he didn't play his junior year.

I don't want Dr Bo. Good Bo is good, bad Bo is very bad and turns up too often.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree... but at the end of the day, who will that QB be??

Ah!

The Million Dollar question!

This is for Snisher to decide and for all of us to debate, argue and bitch about as they progress (Hopefully) through the process.