• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that works for us. but why would the Jets do it?
They can get a 1st rounder next year as well. & keep an all pro safety for super cheap this year.
Good point. I am hoping the Jets get tired of a disgruntled player and trade him to Cowboys. There is always the possibility Adam's situation ends up like Earl Thomas in Seattle. Seattle probably be a better team if they had taken the Cowboys 2nd rounder. They ended up getting nothing for Earl. They just ended up with an angry and injured player instead of a high draft pic

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I am hoping the Jets get tired of a disgruntled player and trade him to Cowboys. There is always the possibility Adam's situation ends up like Earl Thomas in Seattle. Seattle probably be a better team if they had taken the Cowboys 2nd rounder. They ended up getting nothing for Earl. They just ended up with an angry and injured player instead of a high draft pic
Well Thomas did help Seattle beat the Cowboys. Which helped the Cowboys not make the playoffs. So there is that for Seattle.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2018 Cowboys were 9-3 in one score games
In 2019 Cowboys were 1-6 in one score games

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there's the reason a team with the 6th best point differential went 8-8 and missed the playoffs.
I take it as equal parts bad luck and inability to win close games. I know most assume it's good news and simply say if we won 2 more of those close games we would be in the playoffs but to me good teams win close games and we just weren't that great. BUT...since Dak has been here we have proven to be pretty good in close games so that makes me think it was an anomaly and allows me to look on the bright side which is we never got blown out even when we didn't play well. I think the most we lost any game by was 11 points.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it as equal parts bad luck and inability to win close games. I know most assume it's good news and simply say if we won 2 more of those close games we would be in the playoffs but to me good teams win close games and we just weren't that great. BUT...since Dak has been here we have proven to be pretty good in close games so that makes me think it was an anomaly and allows me to look on the bright side which is we never got blown out even when we didn't play well. I think the most we lost any game by was 11 points.
A major issue last season was lack of urgency until the team was behind late. Thats on the whole team but IMO mostly on the coaching. Hopefully that is NYs problem now.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true.
We only lost two games by more than one score.
Bills & Packers

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were an average team last year. We played against lot of average teams. If we had a lead we couldn't hold it. If we were behind, we caught up. Mistakes by either team usually determined the outcome. The better teams we faced didn’t let us hang around. The one that did (Saints) didn’t even have their HOF QB and beat us.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were an average team last year. We played against lot of average teams. If we had a lead we couldn't hold it. If we were behind, we caught up. Mistakes by either team usually determined the outcome. The better teams we faced didn’t let us hang around. The one that did (Saints) didn’t even have their HOF QB and beat us.
We were, but a new HC and Lamb are going to make us above average. Lamb is the tipping point to take this offense from really good to dominant

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were, but a new HC and Lamb are going to make us above average. Lamb is the tipping point to take this offense from really good to dominant
I like the hire of McCarthy. He has an excellent coaching staff too. I predict a playoff berth.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry our corners will get burned as our pass rush fails to get enough pressure. I have only one Q on offense and that is the hole in the Oline. Everything else is answered.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I don't see how anyone can predict this team to be a top team in the NFL because we had one good CB and he is now gone. Relying on a rookie and guys who played like shit to all of a sudden be much better (and they need to be MUCH better) is just thinking with your heart. Sure it could happen and our division stinks so there is a good chance we are in the playoffs, but we need to add an impact player on defense (we lost our two best performers from last year) because right now all we have done is at best treaded water from the defense of last year and last year wasn't near good enough. If this team adds an Adams or Clowney it is a game changer and we become an 11 maybe 12 win type team, but right now we are going to have to score a shit load of points just to win more games than last year.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Lamb is a true #1 and he will torch most #1 corners and he will be facing #2 and # 3 corners. Lamb is a stud

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I don't see how anyone can predict this team to be a top team in the NFL because we had one good CB and he is now gone. Relying on a rookie and guys who played like shit to all of a sudden be much better (and they need to be MUCH better) is just thinking with your heart. Sure it could happen and our division stinks so there is a good chance we are in the playoffs, but we need to add an impact player on defense (we lost our two best performers from last year) because right now all we have done is at best treaded water from the defense of last year and last year wasn't near good enough. If this team adds an Adams or Clowney it is a game changer and we become an 11 maybe 12 win type team, but right now we are going to have to score a shit load of points just to win more games than last year.
I just got a different feel on this team. The offense will be top 5 again. The defense I believe will force more turnovers and has been upgraded.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah byron Jones going to be missed. That said ,Diggs is no stiff. . The DL has been upgraded. McCoy and Poe are major upgrades. Haha is better than heath. This team is close. Garrot and his loser game plan gone. We got a much better special team coach. Maher wont be here to miss all those field goals. Lamb is the addition needed to make the offense a problem for even the best defenses

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got a different feel on this team. The offense will be top 5 again. The defense I believe will force more turnovers and has been upgraded.
I hope so. It has been no secret that how predictable we were on defense (and offense) has been key to how teams beat us. Just switching that up should be big. But, we still need playmakers. After watching our two young LBers shit the bed last year, I see one playmaker on this defense. Maybe a few other guys or new or reinstated DL guys step up and surprise. Stranger things have happened and I have no crystal ball.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we will be a top 5 offense again.
While we may get more turnovers (not a high bar for this team) I still look at our Defense as a huge question mark. new players, new HC, new DC. lots of unknowns.
Until the defense can control the trenches, I think this team will struggle with close games.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still look at our Defense as a huge question mark. new players, new HC, new DC. lots of unknowns.
I remain optimistic....a shit load could be said about a team that didn't try to disguise what they were doing on defense, that in itself is the regular stupid hour. I also think Diggs and Reggie Robinson will be better NFL corners than many here think at this time.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remain optimistic....a shit load could be said about a team that didn't try to disguise what they were doing on defense, that in itself is the regular stupid hour. I also think Diggs and Reggie Robinson will be better NFL corners than many here think at this time.
I am honestly optimistic too. For no other reason than it couldnt get worse coaching wise.
But I cant get myself to go homer & think we will have a top ten defense either with all the question marks.
I am hoping we do & can see a scenario where it happens, but I dont have the confidence considering all of our variables.
I am stuck on a wait & see. (withholding excitement)