• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't assume Looney is the center. I think it will be the Penn Sate rookie from last year.

Looney played fairly well in 2018, but his game slipped as the season wore on. I think this team see's him more as a valued reserve than a full time starter

Reading the tea leaves, it sure seems like McGovern is going to be given the opportunity. Which is fine with me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good interview. Tough year for me that year no doubt. I still wonder sometimes if he would still be playing.
It was a real good interview. I don't like the title and almost didn't post it because of that, because it was about a lot more than just that. I laughed when he said he broke 3 vertebrae and only missed one game because I thought of Wentz and how his compression fracture which was a lesser injury kept him out for the rest of the year but didn't want to go down that rabbit hole so I only posted it here.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGovern will be given an opportunity to win a job for sure. Id say it's 50/50 that it is at Center.

Knowing that Williams is still at LG... and with Smith’s continued issues, it’s a bit concerning that an untested “rookie” (for all practical purposes) is lining up at C. At the same time, we all know that Looney is OK but definitely not the long term solution.

Gonna be an interesting watch come training camp.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing that Williams is still at LG... and with Smith’s continued issues, it’s a bit concerning that an untested “rookie” (for all practical purposes) is lining up at C. At the same time, we all know that Looney is OK but definitely not the long term solution.

Gonna be an interesting watch come training camp.
Williams has made strides and will likely even be better this year, but is not good enough to not face competition. I don't know sans the Frederick issue what this team would have done with McGovern. We read a lot of moving Williams to OT and playing McGovern at Guard, but the idea may have been to play McGovern at Center all along or it may have been to compete with Williams. I got the feeling that the team was really high on him and one of the disappointments from last year was that we never got to see him play.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went and watched McGovern at center in 2017 vs Washington Huskies. There wasn't many times he handled a DLineman by himself on run plays. Feel he's at his best climbing to second level for position blocks. He's much better as a run blocker than pass. In this game, he was pretty poor pass blocking, and that is being generous. His stance looked ok, but he must be set over his heels and not prepared to punch. Play after play he got handled one on one. Whiffed on a few he should have had. I hope this was his worse game.
Makes me leery of getting optimistic about penciling him in anywhere on the line. I think he needs time.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. If he earns the spot great. if not Meh!

He has started exactly one game ever. if he is worth a roster spot so be it, but if not, hate to lose a guy just to keep him on the roster as a wait & see.
Gregory has generational talent. I think he will step in and will look as if he never missed a game. He's that talented. He started one game in 18 yet was 2nd on the team in TFL, 2nd in QB hits, and 2nd in sacks. Do not sleep on this dude.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregory has generational talent. I think he will step in and will look as if he never missed a game. He's that talented. He started one game in 18 yet was 2nd on the team in TFL, 2nd in QB hits, and 2nd in sacks. Do not sleep on this dude.
He may be, but how many more chances is he going to get? I have low expectations for him. He also made bone headed drive extending plays.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregory is a actually a good pass rusher. He proved in 2018 he could play after a layoff

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be, but how many more chances is he going to get? I have low expectations for him. He also made bone headed drive extending plays.
"Violations of the NFL's substance abuse policy no longer can result in a player suspension."

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Violations of the NFL's substance abuse policy no longer can result in a player suspension."
It's going to be interesting. If he returns, Is he in Football shape when he returns? is he mentally ready to play as he had more issues than just smoking pot (Bi-Polar). Does smoking pot or whatever else he does force him to miss or be late to meetings which still could get him suspended?

I think it is far from a layup that Gregory comes in and can be a consistent disruptive pass rusher this year. I for one am hoping he makes it back and can contribute at a high level. Unlike Irving I think Gregory is a good guy that really would like to play Football for this team so I am rooting for him and at this point I'm assuming he will not only play, but play well on passing downs :hope:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is certainly not a generational talent unless Khalil Mack and Von Miller and 20 other guys teleport their careers to the 90's. He is a talented player you just can't trust. Like David Irving. If they could stay clean for a full season then Dallas would have the best defensive line in the game. Just like all I have to do is pick 6 numbers to win the lottery. Easier said than done

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. Like I said, if he earns it. Great!
If he dont. Move on.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Gregory back will lessen the blow of losing Quinn. I also think Armstrong brings nice depth. Losing Quinn hurts still. I just hope the dbag commish reinstates gregory

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THAT’S my concern about the dude. He’s got to play smarter. Talent aside, there were far too many of those bone head plays for my taste.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going by spotrac we have $18000958 available but that doesn't take into account the 2020 cap hits of Blake Bell, Dontrae Poe and Joe Thomas which should account for approximately $99300000 off of cap and if Randy Gregory gets re-installed that's another $980000 against the cap. that would leave the Cowboys about 8M so don't see Dre coming here