• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" Jarntt, I stay off your board out of respect to you and Ford "

must be me but I find this statement comedy gold

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" Jarntt, I stay off your board out of respect to you and Ford "

must be me but I find this statement comedy gold

Has and will always be a troll and a moron!

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep...pretty much but mostly an attention seeker.....why else would a guy come to a team board to say he only respects two posters.

I’m offended he doesn’t respect me. Fuck him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have such a good feeling about this kid and think he is a future starter. I know it's based on like 1 preseason game and reports from camp so it's not like I'm betting my life on it, but I just really think there is something there.

Luke Gifford is ready for his second season with the Dallas Cowboys

I'd be surprised if March makes the team unless there is an injury or one of the vets gets cut or Lee decides to retire. He just looks awful out there. I expect we could easily add an UDFA that is just as good. I like the top 5 and they have a lot of position flex too between the 3 spots

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this one. i always loved the idea of just getting the best guys on the field and not worrying so much about what their ideal position is. Good players make plays no matter where you play them.

Cowboys' Mike Nolan demands takeaways, and says scheme isn't important: 'Get your best 11 on the field.'

On this one the whole idea of eliminating players because of their height, length, speed, penetrating ability, whatever was always dumb to me. Just get the best damn players. Everyone has plusses and minuses and there is no one way to do it. This was awesome to read for me at least. it's not that hard, don't overthink things and just pick players based on what they do on the field, not their measurables"

"their biggest misses have come thanks to their unwillingness to unglue themselves from prototypes. That's why they selected the length of Taco Charlton over the dynamic potential of a "small" T.J. Watt, as one example.
They've also avoided going all-in on a big bodied interior defensive lineman on a perennial basis, inflexible in how enthralled they were/are with a player's ability to flex between multiple positions. That formula was a staple of longtime defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli, who routinely convinced the Cowboys to select players that fit the mold of his scheme, leading to picks like Trysten Hill over safety Juan Thornhill -- most recently
"

2020 NFL Draft: Cowboys plan to alter approach for Mike McCarthy, will 'do things a bit different'

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this one. i always loved the idea of just getting the best guys on the field and not worrying so much about what their ideal position is. Good players make plays no matter where you play them.

Cowboys' Mike Nolan demands takeaways, and says scheme isn't important: 'Get your best 11 on the field.'

On this one the whole idea of eliminating players because of their height, length, speed, penetrating ability, whatever was always dumb to me. Just get the best damn players. Everyone has plusses and minuses and there is no one way to do it. This was awesome to read for me at least. it's not that hard, don't overthink things and just pick players based on what they do on the field, not their measurables"

"their biggest misses have come thanks to their unwillingness to unglue themselves from prototypes. That's why they selected the length of Taco Charlton over the dynamic potential of a "small" T.J. Watt, as one example.
They've also avoided going all-in on a big bodied interior defensive lineman on a perennial basis, inflexible in how enthralled they were/are with a player's ability to flex between multiple positions. That formula was a staple of longtime defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli, who routinely convinced the Cowboys to select players that fit the mold of his scheme, leading to picks like Trysten Hill over safety Juan Thornhill -- most recently
"

2020 NFL Draft: Cowboys plan to alter approach for Mike McCarthy, will 'do things a bit different'
I am ok with takeaways.
Unless a defense is dominate at 3 & outs (rare nowadays) would much rather have a takeaway team (like the Saints superbowl run) vs. a top 10 defense stat wise.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mental ramblings of this morning: I look at the CBs left on this team and think back to early on and each of them showed a lot of promise. Many of us (me for sure) thought Awuzie would be a possible #1 and both Lewis and Brown impressed early on. I don't want to be overly optimistic based on the horror show that was last year for this group other than Jones, but maybe a new scheme gives everyone a fresh start and maybe if we change things up on defense and are less predictable and Offenses don't know how exactly what we will be doing every single play and thus how to dissect us on each play our CB play will improve? Another possibility is a better DL and pass rush and perhaps a more aggressive blitzing defense and a better centerfielder in Dix will all take pressure off this group and make them surprise us. Our prior scheme was too focused on not getting beat deep which leads to death by a thousand cuts and no interceptions. I'm not saying we shouldn't be looking to add a CB, but hopefully we aren't in as precarious of a situation back there as we are all assuming. :hope:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mental ramblings of this morning: I look at the CBs left on this team and think back to early on and each of them showed a lot of promise. Many of us (me for sure) thought Awuzie would be a possible #1 and both Lewis and Brown impressed early on. I don't want to be overly optimistic based on the horror show that was last year for this group other than Jones, but maybe a new scheme gives everyone a fresh start and maybe if we change things up on defense and are less predictable and Offenses don't know how exactly what we will be doing every single play and thus how to dissect us on each play our CB play will improve? Another possibility is a better DL and pass rush and perhaps a more aggressive blitzing defense and a better centerfielder in Dix will all take pressure off this group and make them surprise us. Our prior scheme was too focused on not getting beat deep which leads to death by a thousand cuts and no interceptions. I'm not saying we shouldn't be looking to add a CB, but hopefully we aren't in as precarious of a situation back there as we are all assuming. :hope:
I think the Cowboys will add 2 or 3 DB's in this years draft. This draft is really deep for secondary players, I think they can add quality guys through the 5th round. Draft a couple of corners and a safety and this group looks pretty good

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys will add 2 or 3 DB's in this years draft. This draft is really deep for secondary players, I think they can add quality guys through the 5th round. Draft a couple of corners and a safety and this group looks pretty good
yeah, I'm not saying they shouldn't or they won't, I'm saying that maybe the group that is here right now isn't as horrible as they looked last year

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading a mock draft right now (4 rounds)
Anyways seen where Simmons falls to the falcons at 11.
If the Jags dont take him at 9 I say the Cowboys jump on the phone & see about moving up to steal the guy.

Dont know what it would cost to go from 17th to 11 but I would start doing my homework if I were the Cowboys. (in this scenario)

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading a mock draft right now (4 rounds)
Anyways seen where Simmons falls to the falcons at 11.
If the Jags dont take him at 9 I say the Cowboys jump on the phone & see about moving up to steal the guy.

Dont know what it would cost to go from 17th to 11 but I would start doing my homework if I were the Cowboys. (in this scenario)
Maybe a 3rd and 5th point wise. We have a couple of 5th's

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Simmons goes by pick 7-8
yeah. me too. I dont see him getting past the Jags if he somehow fell to 9. Which is kinda my point. If he falls past the Jags the Cowboys better be on the phones.

He could be our next Darren Woodson for the next ten years. I would trade up for him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah. me too. I dont see him getting past the Jags if he somehow fell to 9. Which is kinda my point. If he falls past the Jags the Cowboys better be on the phones.

He could be our next Darren Woodson for the next ten years. I would trade up for him.
If he is Darren Woodson, then I would give up our 2nd and move up to 7-8ish. In the mocks I have done he goes 3-7. Really, I could see us moving down too. Lots of quality in rounds 2-4, an extra pick would be valuable this year

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes sir...2 or 3 more DB's are required

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have such a good feeling about this kid and think he is a future starter. I know it's based on like 1 preseason game and reports from camp so it's not like I'm betting my life on it, but I just really think there is something there.

Luke Gifford is ready for his second season with the Dallas Cowboys

I'd be surprised if March makes the team unless there is an injury or one of the vets gets cut or Lee decides to retire. He just looks awful out there. I expect we could easily add an UDFA that is just as good. I like the top 5 and they have a lot of position flex too between the 3 spots
I think you are right. Gifford was very effective when on the field. He looked like he was going to be a difference maker. March is NOT impressive. I like what we got with Jaylon,LVE,Lee,Gifford and Thomas. These players will benefit from having Poe and MCcoy in front of them.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you bring up a good point. The safety play was not good and the corners could not be aggressive. There are some fans that thought Heath was the second coming. He had no instincts. There are several safties in this draft that have the instincts to top be top flight players. We need to draft one of them and a corner. I like Winfield and Delpit as playmakers. McKinney is also pretty good,but I would prefer Windfield over him.