• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah. me too. I dont see him getting past the Jags if he somehow fell to 9. Which is kinda my point. If he falls past the Jags the Cowboys better be on the phones.

He could be our next Darren Woodson for the next ten years. I would trade up for him.
Woodson is one of the most underrated players in Cowboys history. He could cover tight ends and also cover receivers. He could also deliver a wicked blow. If Simmons is that good then he might be worth trading up for.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep...pretty much but mostly an attention seeker.....why else would a guy come to a team board to say he only respects two posters.

Didn’t say I ONLY respect two posters. I respect what you have to say because you were never the type to post absolute nonsense. We may disagree on things but I’ve always respected your opinion. Honestly there’s only a couple Cowboy fans that post absolutely ridiculous shit.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a 3rd and 5th point wise. We have a couple of 5th's
I think it would take our 2nd this year or if we are lucky our 2nd next year

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't seem to get my feeling toward Simmons as anything other than a rangy OLB that can flex. I feel he'd be miscast as a true safety. Although he is faster than him, I keep comparing him to Roy Wiliams. Different players yes, but both are better playing in the box, which IMO hurts his value as a safety only. He sure would be great as a SLB or box safety in nickle. He plays better with his face toward the line. Can even help on blitz packages. Unless we are to never get our two great LBs back then it would be a waste to give up multiple picks for him when we need help all over the field.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't seem to get my feeling toward Simmons as anything other than a rangy OLB that can flex. I feel he'd be miscast as a true safety. Although he is faster than him, I keep comparing him to Roy Wiliams. Different players yes, but both are better playing in the box, which IMO hurts his value as a safety only. He sure would be great as a SLB or box safety in nickle. He plays better with his face toward the line. Can even help on blitz packages. Unless we are to never get our two great LBs back then it would be a waste to give up multiple picks for him when we need help all over the field.
If we drafted him I don't see it being to play safety

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is horrible and we wonder why we had very few turnovers and couldn't stop people when it mattered most.

Fingers crossed that all changes this year. I think just by blitzing a lot more and having a better kicker we would have made the playoffs last year.

Screen-Shot-2020-03-25-at-10.29.23-PM.png

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish there were a couple of top CBs still out there. I think this team will sign another big FA if the right one was there. I'm still holding out hope for Clowney or Griffin. Damn would our defense be something if we added another really good DL. Griffin can't cost more than $10M per year for 2 years can he? If you can't cover you might as well get to the QB before he can exploit your CBs :noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody ground me and tell me I'm being too much of a homer here when looking at our FAs. I get it that our CBs probably suck (I say probably because we need to see if they are better in the new scheme) and we likely need a swing tackle and losing Frederick is huge, but I think we hit on a bunch of positions that have been killing us for years. We still have too many holes to expect too much but I like Looney and we still have a lot of cap space to improve this team if we want. Big DTs to dominate the LOS and a new scheme could change our entire defense. We lost Quinn but we likely get back Gregory (pass downs) back to rotate with Crawford (run downs) to play opposite Tank. A safety that is actually a FS. A TE that can block. An overhaul of the coaching staff and special teams in particular.

What are scouts saying?

Poe is coming off one of his best seasons in 2020. He is an excellent athlete with outstanding strength and power. He is primarily a disruptive interior player as a run stopper but he can get to the quarterback and provide inside pressure. Poe shouldn’t be judged by his sack numbers but he is a unique three-down nose tackle with athleticism and power.

How does he fit in with the Cowboys?

Poe gives the Cowboys a disruptive presence on the interior with the potential to play as a one-gap penetrator or two-gap force in a 3-4 or 4-3 front. The two-time Pro Bowler will join Gerald McCoy to give the Cowboys a pair of veteran beefy defenders with outstanding chemistry at the point of attack. Last season, the combination worked well with the Panthers, as they created opportunities for each other with their complementary playing styles. Poe’s inside push and McCoy’s movement skills disrupted opponent’s blocking schemes and helped front seven defenders rack up negative plays on sacks/tackles for losses.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to you no body is worth it. as a solid backup for Looney he is
There are no quality free agents left. The best way to improve the team is through the draft.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody ground me and tell me I'm being too much of a homer here when looking at our FAs. I get it that our CBs probably suck (I say probably because we need to see if they are better in the new scheme) and we likely need a swing tackle and losing Frederick is huge, but I think we hit on a bunch of positions that have been killing us for years. We still have too many holes to expect too much but I like Looney and we still have a lot of cap space to improve this team if we want. Big DTs to dominate the LOS and a new scheme could change our entire defense. We lost Quinn but we likely get back Gregory (pass downs) back to rotate with Crawford (run downs) to play opposite Tank. A safety that is actually a FS. A TE that can block. An overhaul of the coaching staff and special teams in particular.

What are scouts saying?

Poe is coming off one of his best seasons in 2020. He is an excellent athlete with outstanding strength and power. He is primarily a disruptive interior player as a run stopper but he can get to the quarterback and provide inside pressure. Poe shouldn’t be judged by his sack numbers but he is a unique three-down nose tackle with athleticism and power.

How does he fit in with the Cowboys?

Poe gives the Cowboys a disruptive presence on the interior with the potential to play as a one-gap penetrator or two-gap force in a 3-4 or 4-3 front. The two-time Pro Bowler will join Gerald McCoy to give the Cowboys a pair of veteran beefy defenders with outstanding chemistry at the point of attack. Last season, the combination worked well with the Panthers, as they created opportunities for each other with their complementary playing styles. Poe’s inside push and McCoy’s movement skills disrupted opponent’s blocking schemes and helped front seven defenders rack up negative plays on sacks/tackles for losses.
The team is in decent shape. Now just sign Dak to a contract and make some good deciions in the draft.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to you no body is worth it. as a solid backup for Looney he is
I wouldn't assume Looney is the center. I think it will be the Penn Sate rookie from last year.

Looney played fairly well in 2018, but his game slipped as the season wore on. I think this team see's him more as a valued reserve than a full time starter

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3