• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Todd Archer said, "Based on multiple conversations I’ve had with Cowboys folks, I’d be stunned if Emmanuel Sanders ends up here."
Archer added, "Unless he would take substantially less than what we all think he will get paid. Substantially less. Don’t get hopes up." It certainly wouldn't make sense for the Cowboys to splurge on a No. 3 WR with Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup already on the squad. Sanders proved in 2019 that he's far from washed, but it remains to be seen what the market will look like for a 33-year-old WR that suffered a brutal Achilles injury as recently as 2018.
Saints overpaid IMO

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Todd Archer said, "Based on multiple conversations I’ve had with Cowboys folks, I’d be stunned if Emmanuel Sanders ends up here."
Archer added, "Unless he would take substantially less than what we all think he will get paid. Substantially less. Don’t get hopes up." It certainly wouldn't make sense for the Cowboys to splurge on a No. 3 WR with Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup already on the squad. Sanders proved in 2019 that he's far from washed, but it remains to be seen what the market will look like for a 33-year-old WR that suffered a brutal Achilles injury as recently as 2018.
But give a LB who took two years to recover from a career-threatening knee injury 60 million after just one good season, give a WR 100 million who basically gave half effort in the 2nd half of last season, give a RB 90 million, give old ass washed up Witten 5 million last season, but won't give the durable QB his long overdue big payday. This team is ran so ass backwards.

Todd Archer should just say it for what it is, the Cowboys were fucking cheap as usual and didn't wanna pay Sanders what he wanted. No need to even bring up his injury history because this franchise clearly has shown they have no issue paying or investing long term in injury prone players.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints overpaid IMO
Cap keeps rising every year, and people keep saying shit like this every year. He wasn't overpaid. Two years ain't no big deal and the Saints just like NFL teams, can get out of that deal if need be. Cowboys were just fucking cheap.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to be careful here. Griffen is a good pass rusher but he will be 33 this season.
Y'all people gotta stop acting like age matters. Cowboys been one of the youngest teams in the league recently and it hasn't gotten them anywhere. We keep getting younger and younger and losing every year, and before you know it, Zeke will be out of the league by 30, Dak Prescott is gonna be in his mid 30s in the same position as Romo was with an aging Oline around him. We already wasted Dak's rookie deal, but y'all just wanna keep getting younger and younger. Y'all wanna keep wasting Tyron Smith and Zack Martin's good years. Y'all wanna keep relying on the draft to fix everything. The draft is important, but it isn't everything.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But give a LB who took two years to recover from a career-threatening knee injury 60 million after just one good season, give a WR 100 million who basically gave half effort in the 2nd half of last season, give a RB 90 million, give old ass washed up Witten 5 million last season, but won't give the durable QB his long overdue big payday. This team is ran so ass backwards.

Todd Archer should just say it for what it is, the Cowboys were fucking cheap as usual and didn't wanna pay Sanders what he wanted. No need to even bring up his injury history because this franchise clearly has shown they have no issue paying or investing long term in injury prone players.
Football is indeed a young man's game. You need to pick and choose your spots with older vets if for anything more than a one year deal (I'd risk it on Everson Griffin personally) and that is too much for $ Sanders. When it is a mulyi-year contract you need to be sure they are still worth it after more than the first year. Sanders would be a nice player to add and while I think Cobb is much better, I think he could still put up numbers. Buy, giving him $8M per year would have been dumb IMO. I'd rather spend that money on defense. We don't need to spend that on a #3 WR. For all we know we may draft one in the first few rounds anyway. I think we will sign a WR between now and the draft but I think it will be for less than Sanders got. Most years WRs are cut at the end of the Summer that are paid like #1's or #2's but lost that role with their team. If we don't find a WR early or in the draft we may go that route, but we have two really good WRs so I'm not sweating this one.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you give Pollard and Wilson the snaps in the slot. Pollard is too good to keep on bench. Use the remaining Cap space on defense.
I agree Wilson could be a decent slot receiver for us. I really like him on the slant patterns. The guy I want to see on the field is Devin Smith. This was a typical Garrett regime issue. Guy looks like a superstar in preseaspn games, gets a few of snaps in the first few regular season games and does really well (for a #4) and then we don't see him again. Unless I'm missing something Smith needs to be in the mix for more snaps this year. I'd put him and Gallup on the outside and let Cooper run in the slot in some 3rd down sets or at least let this kid run down the field in 4 WR sets a few times a game. He looked explosive and like he can stretch the field. Dak was much better on the deep ball last year and if we can hit a deep ball to Smith even twice a month it would be great for this team

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right about Smith. Dallas pulled the trigger too early on paying Smith IMO. I just hope it was more of schemes then jalen. He really needs to bounce back.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is indeed a young man's game. You need to pick and choose your spots with older vets if for anything more than a one year deal (I'd risk it on Everson Griffin personally) and that is too much for $ Sanders. When it is a mulyi-year contract you need to be sure they are still worth it after more than the first year. Sanders would be a nice player to add and while I think Cobb is much better, I think he could still put up numbers. Buy, giving him $8M per year would have been dumb IMO. I'd rather spend that money on defense. We don't need to spend that on a #3 WR. For all we know we may draft one in the first few rounds anyway. I think we will sign a WR between now and the draft but I think it will be for less than Sanders got. Most years WRs are cut at the end of the Summer that are paid like #1's or #2's but lost that role with their team. If we don't find a WR early or in the draft we may go that route, but we have two really good WRs so I'm not sweating this one.
The issue is, Dallas never pays for shit anymore. It's not just Sanders. He's just one example of many. It's other players as well. They let a few million keep them from improving the team and they have this mentality now like they don't need anything every single year and they'll just find it in the draft and it's getting fucking annoying. I don't mind that they didn't pay Byron cause he was too expensive, but that right there is just another example of what I'm talking about. The Cowboys acting like they don't need anything. Just let the dude walk and have no replacement plan in place other than relying on a 20 something year-old rookie who has never played a down in the NFL.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind that they didn't pay Byron cause he was too expensive, but that right there is just another example of what I'm talking about. The Cowboys acting like they don't need anything. Just let the dude walk and have no replacement plan in place other than relying on a 20 something year-old rookie who has never played a down in the NFL.
I agree.....the Denver corner two for 20M woulda been the ticket along with an early draft pick, but they preferred Brown.

I'm starting to think as you posted....this team has wasted prime years with this mindset. It's as if they read this board where cap hell is the number one concern. Winning a championship should be the only objective. The Jones's can't get outta their own way

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Wilson could be a decent slot receiver for us. I really like him on the slant patterns. The guy I want to see on the field is Devin Smith. This was a typical Garrett regime issue. Guy looks like a superstar in preseaspn games, gets a few of snaps in the first few regular season games and does really well (for a #4) and then we don't see him again. Unless I'm missing something Smith needs to be in the mix for more snaps this year. I'd put him and Gallup on the outside and let Cooper run in the slot in some 3rd down sets or at least let this kid run down the field in 4 WR sets a few times a game. He looked explosive and like he can stretch the field. Dak was much better on the deep ball last year and if we can hit a deep ball to Smith even twice a month it would be great for this team
Yeah I am very interested in seeing what Devin Smith brings to the WR corp. i thought he was injured last year. Cant figure out why he was simply forgotten.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is, Dallas never pays for shit anymore. It's not just Sanders. He's just one example of many. It's other players as well. They let a few million keep them from improving the team and they have this mentality now like they don't need anything every single year and they'll just find it in the draft and it's getting fucking annoying. I don't mind that they didn't pay Byron cause he was too expensive, but that right there is just another example of what I'm talking about. The Cowboys acting like they don't need anything. Just let the dude walk and have no replacement plan in place other than relying on a 20 something year-old rookie who has never played a down in the NFL.
I would have paid Jones or at least another FA and think drafting a CB and hope he can start or thinking the current guys on the team are good enough are both horrible mistakes that can derail a season. I'd also pay to bring in another DL. With a better DL this team will be drastically different IMO and there are guys out there. I keep bringing up Snacks, but there are a bunch of guys we can afford that I like and If we sign Dak and it frees up space I'd look real hard at Clowney. Regardless of who it is, I think if we sign Dak and lower his cap hit we definitely sign another FA but right now this stalemate is limiting our options.

As far as Sanders goes he isn't worth $8M per year to me and he isn't the only WR out there. If we only had one good WR I'd overpay for one, but Sanders IMO just isn't likely to be that great here. I'd definitely have my eyes open for a guy that can help us, but defense needs to be the priority. If the season started today we would be fine at WR, but our defense needs a ton of help. So IMO Sanders was so far down on the list that I'm not sure why you are upset by it. Maybe you just think he is better than I do and if so then I can kind of understand it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please make it true :hope::hope::hope:
This will change our entire defense. Our LBs showed last year that they struggle to get out of the muck and having Snacks and McCoy would absolutely make it easier to just let them do what they do best. Run to the play. Damn this would be huge

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please make it true :hope::hope::hope:
This will change our entire defense. Our LBs showed last year that they struggle to get out of the muck and having Snacks and McCoy would absolutely make it easier to just let them do what they do best. Run to the play. Damn this would be huge

I would take him over Byron Jones for this defense. One player that could change everything

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take him over Byron Jones for this defense. One player that could change everything
For me one without the other is helpful and a good move, but it takes both McCoy and a guy like Snacks to change the defense. If we put these two together on the inside the impact increases ten fold. It's like when the Giants had both Snacks and Hankins and we couldn't run against them even though we ran all over everyone. Then your safeties don't have to cheat up to stop the run and you can protect your CBs a little more and your LBs can really wreak havoc.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I knew when Witten signed he would get most of the snaps. Big mistake,but we all knew Garret was a simpleton. What pisst me off was Jarwin was clearly poised for a breakout year and Witten was starting. Witten did not even block well. Garrett held this team back

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am very interested in seeing what Devin Smith brings to the WR corp. i thought he was injured last year. Cant figure out why he was simply forgotten.
Well if something was working Garrett would abandon it . I assume it was related to special teams. Not that the special teams did anything well in Smith's absence

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jarntt, I stay off your board out of respect to you and Ford but if Dallas could sign Clowney I think it would me a TREMENDOUS move. Having bookend stars at DE would leave Dallas with a top OLine and top DLine. Don’t think McCoy and Snacks are that effective anymore.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarntt, I stay off your board out of respect to you and Ford but if Dallas could sign Clowney I think it would me a TREMENDOUS move. Having bookend stars at DE would leave Dallas with a top OLine and top DLine. Don’t think McCoy and Snacks are that effective anymore.
think Clowney out priced himself.
Dont want him here at those costs.
We already have a 20+ mil dollar man on the DL.