• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the physicality from that era. Back then it was open season on QBs

I still remember how nasty Erik Williams was. Then we had the equally nasty Kevin Gogan right next to him. Two huge guys that beat people up and if somebody cheap shot Aikman one of these two would deliver a chop block later on. Jeffcoat was one of my favorite. He took out several QBs over the years.. He hit QBs with bad intentions.

Now we got almost got flag football. sMH
I remember the game Aikman got sacked 12 times against Philly, several of them BIG shots, several where he was drove into the ground. Also remember his rookie year against the Cards and he got absolutely smoked helmet to helmet as he let the ball go, knocked him out briefly and he comes back with like 12 stitches and has a great game. That's when I knew we had something special

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an Awesome Washington team coming to the end of their era facing a soon to be even more awesome Cowboys team on the verge of watching theirs. I remember watching that game like it was yesterday, I was just finishing college and there were at least 10 of us crammed in watching that game and grubbing up on pizza and beer. That's when football was truly great IMO, before FA, the same players playing together most of their careers, and true dislike between rival teams. Great stuff
Absolutely. Jimmy pulled out all tricks that day and Aikman was taking his usual early years beating. I thiink he was sacked 5 times in the first half. Probably hit another 5 times. I kept telling my boys he is going to get hurt one of these plays. Damn he was tough. That Skins team lost that day and then again in the final regular season game where they rested their players. Monk, Clark , Sanders , Byner , Rypien , great Oline. Darrelll Green , Mann , Marshall, Mayhew on defense. They were really good. Summerall and Madden calling the game of course.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm predicting he is a Pro Bowler some day. The whole reason we were stuck with a 208 pound LB was that in the middle of camp, DQ went, Holy Shit, look at this kid, and planned to have him in the role Bell ended up with. When Overshown went down, we had no LB except Micah who could do what this kid could from an athletic standpoint, so he went with an undersized Safety. Losing him and Diggs kept is from being a great D last year IMO. By the playoffs, our undersized LB and crappy DT's got ran over in the run game and that was a wrap

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an Awesome Washington team coming to the end of their era facing a soon to be even more awesome Cowboys team on the verge of watching theirs. I remember watching that game like it was yesterday, I was just finishing college and there were at least 10 of us crammed in watching that game and grubbing up on pizza and beer. That's when football was truly great IMO, before FA, the same players playing together most of their careers, and true dislike between rival teams. Great stuff
I talk to my best friend ever so often but yesterday he came over to my parents to see my dad. Him and I watched that game together. Bought matching cowboy hats and we wore them every GameDay. Memory lane for me the last week.

I would like to watch that game with my kid.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm predicting he is a Pro Bowler some day. The whole reason we were stuck with a 208 pound LB was that in the middle of camp, DQ went, Holy Shit, look at this kid, and planned to have him in the role Bell ended up with. When Overshown went down, we had no LB except Micah who could do what this kid could from an athletic standpoint, so he went with an undersized Safety. Losing him and Diggs kept is from being a great D last year IMO. By the playoffs, our undersized LB and crappy DT's got ran over in the run game and that was a wrap
I am looking forward to seeing Overshown in Zimmer's defense. The LB group is looking much better. Kendricks I also want to see. Marist and Clark I need to see more of to come to a conclusion. Kendricks and Overshown look like the two best linebackers.

I assume Overshown will have a role as a Blitzer in this scheme. If I remember correctly Zimmer likes to blitz through the A gap. He also has guys like Wilson,Bell,Thomas and Parsons that can blitz. I have high expectations for this new defense.

The defense was kicking ass early last year before Diggs and LVE went down. Good riddance to Kearse. Kearse should have been benched for Thomas. Quinn screwed the pooch by playing Kearse. Kearse stunk last year. I do still like Wilson as a player. But I see Bell and Thomas as future starters in this league.

Thomas and Bell were both on my radar pre drafts. I could not believe they were not drafted. I wanted us to draft them. Luckily they brought them in as free agents. When Hooker and Wilson get tired you bring these two studs in.

They got the secondary that Zimmer has always wanted IMO. Especially when Bland returns. There will be coverage sacks this year

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so glade football is back. Not gonna jump to any conclusions after the game Sunday. Only the first game. I will root for the Cowboy's team (not management).

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry thinks Zeke can go out and run like it were 2018 again. The ship has sailed. They ran the tread off those tires
These fools could have paid either Henry or Aaron Jones and got a legit back. These dumbasses always think in terms of quantity instead of quality. Dowdle has talent,but he always hurt. Dowdle also had fumbling issues in college. They need to keep Dowdle on short leash.

If these fools were smart they would start Vaughn in Cleveland and see what happens. Nobody would expect it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure why Elliott gets so much hate.
He's been listed 1st team from the start.
This will play itself out.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry thinks Zeke can go out and run like it were 2018 again. The ship has sailed. They ran the tread off those tires
I dont see nothing wrong here.
He isnt gonna bash his own player for some other player on another team.
I paint this one as nothing to see here.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see nothing wrong here.
He isnt gonna bash his own player for some other player on another team.
I paint this one as nothing to see here.
I wouldn't expect him to bash his own player verbally. The action of signing him is the mystery to me. I'm fine with Zeke as the short yardage/3rd down back. But not RB1...