• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CFL had a couple stellar small men. One was Mac Herron. I think he played in Winnipeg but I believe he went to the NFL with New England. At one point he held the league record for all purpose yards in a season. He was 5’ 5”.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think if they just gave Duece the ball 20 times week one, they might be surprised at what they have. This reminds me of when they had Tony Pollard and gave him 5-6 carries a game till he got a chance to prove himself
I always saw Pollard as a change of pace back. I was worried about him as your starting RB with a heavy workload. I would keep Deuce as a change of pace back with 10-15 touches per game. I still don't think Pollard will have a long carreer as a starting RB.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always saw Pollard as a change of pace back. I was worried about him as your starting RB with a heavy workload. I would keep Deuce as a change of pace back with 10-15 touches per game. I still don't think Pollard will have a long carreer as a starting RB.
I think Deuce is actually a between the tackles horse, just a little fella. He had 651 carries in college, Pollard had 139(both in 3 years). Even if he only gets 8-10 carries at his peak, they will be better if they like up and give it to him on 1st and 10, not like they used him last year

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Deuce is actually a between the tackles horse, just a little fella. He had 651 carries in college, Pollard had 139(both in 3 years). Even if he only gets 8-10 carries at his peak, they will be better if they like up and give it to him on 1st and 10, not like they used him last year
Yep, they got to get back to running between the tackles. They have not been able to run up the middle since when Frederick was in his prime. The injury to Steele also hurt the running game. Vaughn is one of those type that will get stopped,but eventually he will break one. We can complain about his blocking,but when did Barry Sanders ever block anybody?

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, they got to get back to running between the tackles. They have not been able to run up the middle since when Frederick was in his prime. The injury to Steele also hurt the running game. Vaughn is one of those type that will get stopped,but eventually he will break one. We can complain about his blocking,but when did Barry Sanders ever block anybody?
watched Sanders and he was a pretty good blocker although all you ever saw was his running

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree totally

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollard was starting to regain some speed towards the end of last season. But still I have doubts he will ever be back to what he was before that terrible injury. Pollard was electric before that injury. Lots of chunk plays in 2022, but really none last year. It could be argued that they should not have franchised him due to that injury. Similar to when they traded Amari and then foolishly extend Gallup after he blew out the knee. Gallup never returned to form.

Trading Amari for nothing still pisses me off.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched Sanders and he was a pretty good blocker although all you ever saw was his running
He blocked on occasion ,but he never blocked like Emmitt could. Not trying to bash Sanders who is obviously one of the greatest backs to ever suit up

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders is an example of great talent. 22 was an example of a winner(to me). Barry would have 1-2 long runs a game and 5-6 negative yard runs that killed drives. Plus, he came out on short yardage and goal line. Emmitt got those tough yards, 1st downs and TD's. Barry was awesome but 22 got us 3 Rings

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders is an example of great talent. 22 was an example of a winner(to me). Barry would have 1-2 long runs a game and 5-6 negative yard runs that killed drives. Plus, he came out on short yardage and goal line. Emmitt got those tough yards, 1st downs and TD's. Barry was awesome but 22 got us 3 Rings
The "dirty" work matters. This is a reason why I like a guy like Kneeland. Kneeland occupies blockers and can shed those blockers better than most of the vets in the league. Teams will have issues running to the outside because of how good DLaw and Kneeland are at setting the edge.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is good between the tackles. And they do have to use him better this year to get the best out of him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not yet sold on Cook. But, if Cook is brought up to the 53, I'm not sure Deuce will stay on the 53. If he does stay, I'm not sure he will be active on game day. Numbers game. Can only have so many RBs that don't play STs on the game day roster.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry was in love with Manzell. I have a feeling he is going to be even more infatuated with Shadeur Sanders. I could see him trade 2 draft classes for him. Ha

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not yet sold on Cook. But, if Cook is brought up to the 53, I'm not sure Deuce will stay on the 53. If he does stay, I'm not sure he will be active on game day. Numbers game. Can only have so many RBs that don't play STs on the game day roster.
I don't know about Cook either. It pisses me off they did not go after either the Titans or Packers running backs. They both look to have something left in the tank.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great...made for TV stuff...Jerry is in I'm sure

I was watching youtube earlier and for some reason the 1991 Redskins / Cowboys game popped up. Redskins were 11-0 and it was at RFK. I had to watch it. I knew Aikman was going to get hurt but i knew the Cowboys were going to win. My boys watched it with me. They were saying why wasnt that targeting. Lol. I said there was no such thing back then. Emmitt was so good. Eric Williams was a Rookie. Madden was going crazy over Big E talking about him whipping Charles Mann. Irvin and Harper both had huge days while Aikman was still playing. Harper caught a Hail Mary at the end of the first half. My boys were like how did you ever know if it was a first down. No yellow line lol. Then they kept asking how we knew how much time was left. I said guys it was hard times. Ha. No graphics at all. Man it was a fun couple of hours.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching youtube earlier and for some reason the 1991 Redskins / Cowboys game popped up. Redskins were 11-0 and it was at RFK. I had to watch it. I knew Aikman was going to get hurt but i knew the Cowboys were going to win. My boys watched it with me. They were saying why wasnt that targeting. Lol. I said there was no such thing back then. Emmitt was so good. Eric Williams was a Rookie. Madden was going crazy over Big E talking about him whipping Charles Mann. Irvin and Harper both had huge days while Aikman was still playing. Harper caught a Hail Mary at the end of the first half. My boys were like how did you ever know if it was a first down. No yellow line lol. Then they kept asking how we knew how much time was left. I said guys it was hard times. Ha. No graphics at all. Man it was a fun couple of hours.
That's awesome

Watching that last cowboys preseason with my dad right now. Memories.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an Awesome Washington team coming to the end of their era facing a soon to be even more awesome Cowboys team on the verge of watching theirs. I remember watching that game like it was yesterday, I was just finishing college and there were at least 10 of us crammed in watching that game and grubbing up on pizza and beer. That's when football was truly great IMO, before FA, the same players playing together most of their careers, and true dislike between rival teams. Great stuff

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an Awesome Washington team coming to the end of their era facing a soon to be even more awesome Cowboys team on the verge of watching theirs. I remember watching that game like it was yesterday, I was just finishing college and there were at least 10 of us crammed in watching that game and grubbing up on pizza and beer. That's when football was truly great IMO, before FA, the same players playingi together most of their careers, and true dislike between rival teams. Great stuff
I miss the physicality from that era. Back then it was open season on QBs

I still remember how nasty Erik Williams was. Then we had the equally nasty Kevin Gogan right next to him. Two huge guys that beat people up and if somebody cheap shot Aikman one of these two would deliver a chop block later on. Jeffcoat was one of my favorite. He took out several QBs over the years.. He hit QBs with bad intentions.

Now we got almost got flag football. sMH