• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why? We should be putting the cap hits in the rear view mirror and reducing them for future years, not pushing money into outer years when we have plenty of cap space this year and especially with a guy like Steele who if he plays as poorly as he did last year should be a cut candidate. this is the main reason I didn’t want to re-sign Dak right now.

I don't get that either

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they want to bring in somebody? Or a possible trade.
I've said all offseason I think if they are in position they make a splash signing at (or before) the trade deadline. BUT, they have a ton of cap space and didn't need to do this in order to do that.

I'll throw a crazy thought out and not necessarily one I would personally do because I think he is the type of person that can ruin a team, but: Reddick?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said all offseason I think if they are in position they make a splash signing at (or before) the trade deadline. BUT, they have a ton of cap space and didn't need to do this in order to do that.

I'll throw a crazy thought out and not necessarily one I would personally do because I think he is the type of person that can ruin a team, but: Reddick?
Possibly

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO Way
that fucker would not fit in this locker room
Like I said, I wouldn't do it, but there are a lot of things I would do differently if they asked...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO Way
that fucker would not fit in this locker room
I'm a big Hell No on Reddick. Reddick wouldn't play a snap here until he was paid and there's no way he's getting paid before 11. Heck of a talent. I do love the idea of going for a difference maker rent a player. I'd see if the Deadskin/Commodes would part with Jonathan Allen when they are 2-6

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big Hell No on Reddick. Reddick wouldn't play a snap here until he was paid and there's no way he's getting paid before 11. Heck of a talent. I do love the idea of going for a difference maker rent a player. I'd see if the Deadskin/Commodes would part with Jonathan Allen when they are 2-6
Was some speculation about Allen to the Cowboys over the Summer. Would be great for us but don't think Quinn would do it. They already got rid of Sweat and Young last year and Allen has a reasonable contract for 2025

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was some speculation about Allen to the Cowboys over the Summer. Would be great for us but don't think Quinn would do it. They already got rid of Sweat and Young last year and Allen has a reasonable contract for 2025
Would probably us for a first. Question to me is would we maybe give them a 2nd for a year and a half rental that could legitimately make is the best defense in football. Guessing not

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just me but..I think Dallas is happy today with their DL, LB and DB rooms. I think the salary required for Gilmore shows a team trying to brace for Parsons coming contract.

I hope like hell they don't take on a salary (at this point in the season) for Allen much less Reddick's dickhead demands. Allen seems to play when it suits him, while Reddick is in this for the cash.

We seem to draft pretty darn well. Let's see where things stand after the September games have played.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just me but..I think Dallas is happy today with their DL, LB and DB rooms. I think the salary required for Gilmore shows a team trying to brace for Parsons coming contract.

I hope like hell they don't take on a salary (at this point in the season) for Allen much less Reddick's dickhead demands. Allen seems to play when it suits him, while Reddick is in this for the cash.

We seem to draft pretty darn well. Let's see where things stand after the September games have played.
Probably the best plan. Those were kind of fantasy moves, though Jerry did go after Haley and Deion back in the day to push the team over the edge. The right RB might be a cheap FA move

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of us who cut our teeth in that era, this was absolutely “can’t miss” television on Sundays. I would intentionally miss Tex’s weekly filibusters but never Coach Landry’s sessions. Always felt you walked away learning something.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of us who cut our teeth in that era, this was absolutely “can’t miss” television on Sundays. I would intentionally miss Tex’s weekly filibusters but never Coach Landry’s sessions. Always felt you walked away learning something.

Pure Greatness!
Landry & Glieber

Da da da da da da da da da
Stand Up
Standpede
Go you Dallas Cowboys Go

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who was the host before Glieber?
I know Brad Sham took over after Glieber… but you got me on this one.

If I were gonna guess, I’d have to go with the great Bill Mercer. But I honestly do not recollect.