• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which 5 or 6 would you re-sign

Its hard because of Gallups injury IMO. He could be back for game 1 or game 10. Here is what i think about our WRs. Im probably in the minority with this because on paper and to Jerry our WR corp looks awesome. I honestly think we have too much. We dont need Gallup , Cooper, Cee Dee together. We use our TEs and RBs way too much in the passing game to keep all 3 of them happy. We saw hints of Coops frustration towards the end of the season. Cee Dee was Missing In Action for a lot of games, but he is contract friendly and in the teams control for a couple of more years. I personally think Dak has a great rapport with Wilson and Gallup. So to me its between Coop and Lamb- Can we get something big in return for one of them? Does it help us with the cap to get rid of Amari ??? Thats just me throwing it out there. We definitely dont need all 3.

I would love to resign Wilson. I think he brings so much to the table.

I like Gallup. He made so many great catches this year and he can take the top off the defense.

Dak loves Shultz. I would only keep him if its a good price. The problem is I dont think he is as good as his numbers suggest. Again though - Dak is comfortable with him.

Kearse - how great was this deal? I thought he should have made the Pro Bowl. Now how much of that was Quinn. I would definitely resign him.

Gregory - I think he can be a game changer. Bone headed penalties - yes. The thing is I could have easily seen him standing in front of the ball on 4rth and inches the other day, saying bring it right here.

But who knows. I know there are some damn good players in that group that we will lose.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i forgot the Punter. Not sure how much money he will ask for. He did a great job, no doubt. I think he has a big leg but Im not sure how well he does putting it inside the 20. Part of that is because we go for it so much near the 50.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we find a new kicker? I would hope Gregoy takes a hometown discount seeing how the Cowboys stuck with him. Shultz for sure. I love Gallup but you don't commit money to a number 3 (2?) receiver.

Last edited:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard because of Gallups injury IMO. He could be back for game 1 or game 10. Here is what i think about our WRs. Im probably in the minority with this because on paper and to Jerry our WR corp looks awesome. I honestly think we have too much. We dont need Gallup , Cooper, Cee Dee together. We use our TEs and RBs way too much in the passing game to keep all 3 of them happy. We saw hints of Coops frustration towards the end of the season. Cee Dee was Missing In Action for a lot of games, but he is contract friendly and in the teams control for a couple of more years. I personally think Dak has a great rapport with Wilson and Gallup. So to me its between Coop and Lamb- Can we get something big in return for one of them? Does it help us with the cap to get rid of Amari ??? Thats just me throwing it out there. We definitely dont need all 3.

I would love to resign Wilson. I think he brings so much to the table.

I like Gallup. He made so many great catches this year and he can take the top off the defense.

Dak loves Shultz. I would only keep him if its a good price. The problem is I dont think he is as good as his numbers suggest. Again though - Dak is comfortable with him.

Kearse - how great was this deal? I thought he should have made the Pro Bowl. Now how much of that was Quinn. I would definitely resign him.

Gregory - I think he can be a game changer. Bone headed penalties - yes. The thing is I could have easily seen him standing in front of the ball on 4rth and inches the other day, saying bring it right here.

But who knows. I know there are some damn good players in that group that we will lose.
Think Gallup while I would like to keep him will be a cap casualty. if he didnt have so many injuries we could have entertained letting Coop go (longer in the tooth) & signing Gallup, but with his injuries. Cant see that happening.
Now Wilson I think we could afford to resign to be the #3 WR with letting Gallup go.
To me Schultz is a done deal.
It would be stupid to let Kearse Walk. Not only does he play consistent football & probably our best Safety. Once he took the QB duties of the Defense the whole defense stepped up from how they were playing. So unless there is a complete overhaul of the defense. They kinda have to resign Kearse.
Gregory. To me is simple. If he asks for the Moon. He wont be a cowboy.
Punter being signed to me is a done deal as well.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like them plus Wilson
I am pretty confident Wilson gets signed as well. Just a lot of variables for me to be able to say definitely.
How much will he go after (to be our #3) What do we actually do with Gallup? A lot of decisions of other players kinda dictate how we deal with Wilson. We cant put to much more money into the WR spot. Looking into the future where we extend Cee Dee, before Wilson (or whoever) new contract ends.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we find a new kicker? I would hope Gregoy takes a hometown discount seeing how the Cowboys stuck with him. Shultz for sure. I love Gallup but you don't commit money to a number 3 (2?) receiver.
If you read the tea leaves Jerry was stirring a week ago, yes we are 10000000% getting a new kicker.

No the 00000's were not an oops.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of these guys are in line for a big raise.
Here are my thoughts...not popular, I'm sure. There is one (1) guy from this list I play hard to resign. That is Kearse.

I keep either Gallup or Wilson, both if we part with Cooper. If I had to take just one, I'd roll with Gallup.

I pursue resigning the following but won't budge beyond my highest number I have in mind for the health of the team's cap. If another team has money and throws a number well over the players value, I walk away unless the player takes less to stay in Dallas.
Gregory, Vander Esch, Neal, and Schultz.

I want these guys only at the team's number. I show interest but won't compete for their services if they have a better number or term than I'm prepared to pay.
Hooker, Watkins, Urban, Brown & Armstrong.

I have no interest unless the player has little to no takers, and they will sign 1 year at the vet minimum or just over the minimum.
Williams, Canada, Kazee, McQuaide AND YES...Even Anger.

Anger was great, 10 year vet, better than solid season but we don't have the cap in place for a league top 10 punter salary.
Besides. Hunter Niswander is on the IR and signed for 22. He's not Anger but he's a solid NFL punter than can double in time of need as a kicker.
That is value already in house.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You & Me here.
Dak locked in on Schultz when Cooper was open down the field. Saw this three times Sunday. I'm a Dak ball washer, but he regressed some as the season went on with regards to seeing the whole field. That has to get better.

Here is the deal. Schultz can's block. Worse, he really doesn't care to exsert much effort towards blocking. FAR WORSE, this team kept putting Schultz in situations where his block was vital towards the success of the play. There was a play early in the 49'ers game when Boza looped around to the middle on a stunt, blew right past Martin and sacked our QB. At first, I was pissed at Martin, but then looking at a replay, Schultz was supposed to chip Boza going out, which had he done so, Martin woulda been in position to stand Boza up. Schultz completely missed Boza, not a hair was laid on him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a little questionable, NO?
that hole at LG & center was pretty big and Quinn did a great job, but how many defensive starters were really all that?

Not picking on the opinion, just think that 2007 team was pretty stout
I thought if the Dez catch hadn't been overturned that we might have won it all in 14-15

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought if the Dez catch hadn't been overturned that we might have won it all in 14-15

Romo was so locked in down the stretch that year, you could be right. I think Atlanta would have been tough on our DBs, but we would have scored a ton as well.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kellen Moore getting hired as HC somewhere else would be a good thing. 5 touches is all for Pollard? All those targets for Wilson instead of Amari? Terrible game plan

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats my QB. I knew he would regret it and it was in the heat of the moment.
I am glad he apologized. The media would have cried about this all offseason. This pretty much puts it to rest

Now what if Gregory had said this? I doubt the media would have even cared

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kearse,Gregory,Anger,Wilson,Schultz.
It was strange seeing a good punter and Anger had a great season. Way better than Jones
is this your wishlist or is this who you think we resign?
because I think Gregory out prices himself from staying. Because with D-Laws cap hit I dont see us throwing another high salary at that position.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Gallup while I would like to keep him will be a cap casualty. if he didnt have so many injuries we could have entertained letting Coop go (longer in the tooth) & signing Gallup, but with his injuries. Cant see that happening.
Now Wilson I think we could afford to resign to be the #3 WR with letting Gallup go.
To me Schultz is a done deal.
It would be stupid to let Kearse Walk. Not only does he play consistent football & probably our best Safety. Once he took the QB duties of the Defense the whole defense stepped up from how they were playing. So unless there is a complete overhaul of the defense. They kinda have to resign Kearse.
Gregory. To me is simple. If he asks for the Moon. He wont be a cowboy.
Punter being signed to me is a done deal as well.
I don't see us having both Schultz and Jarwin on this team with big contracts and when neither one can block worth crap. Even with both we need to add a TE who can block (I was pissed we lost Bell and thought it hurt us) so I'd rather have one who can block really well and maybe catch a little to pair with one of these guys (Schultz or Jarwin). So IMO one or the other is gone; same as with Cooper and Gallup.

Kearse has had one good year so I think he will be reasonable. I'm not giving him a huge deal after just one good season even though I thought he was awesome for us this year as I've seen that movie before...but I really hope he is back

Gregory is going to get $15M+ per I think. Pass rushers get paid

Last edited: